PDA

View Full Version : What fighting game are you most looking forward to playing?

aj142
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:28 PM
1._______ Soul Calibur II
2._______ D.O.A. Online
3._______ Onimusha Blade Warriors
4._______ Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

Any others not listed here?

Vic Viper
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:31 PM
Soul Calibur 2 and VF4 EVO

wheres my 2d fighters !?!? :cry:

anyone know of a 2d fighter being release in the future ??

Frozen
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Vic Viper

SNK VS Capcom. I wanna see Akuma SNK style. It's gonna be hilarious.

dan da man
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by aj142
4._______ Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

:peoples: Thats been out ages?!?!?

My fav's im awaiting like yours, are Soul Calibur 2, at the E3 it blew me away!

DOA online will be awsome, back in the says with dead or alive who would ever thought it would be online? Going to be great!

Vic Viper
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

SNK VS Capcom. I wanna see Akuma SNK style. It's gonna be hilarious.

i was under the impression that snk vs. capcom chaos will be on 3d, guess i was wrong. thanks man.:Dhttp://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Vic Viper
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

:peoples: Thats been out ages?!?!?

dan, it hasnt come out yet in the U.S.:P

MakgSnake
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:33 PM
Out of all those titles, I would say....

40% Soul Calibur II
60% Dead Or Alive Online

But the games I am REALLY looking forward to.....which havn't been announced yet though...... well it has but no word on when they'll get a release are..

Mortal Kombat VI (Working Title) It was going to be online but then I heard something about that it wont be..... may be Ed Boon might change his mind. Fingers Crossed.!.!.

Tekken 5 (Possibily also an Online fighting game. Just imagine...playing Tekken ONLINE... WOW!.! A dream come true. DAMN!!).

Azuma_Ninja
Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:18 PM
Soul Calibur II all the way

Berserker
Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:27 AM
Soul Calibur ll...:king:

Vic Viper
Jul 23rd, 2003, 02:36 AM
just a heads up, VF4 Evolution will only be $ 20

dan da man
Jul 23rd, 2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Mortal Kombat VI (Working Title) It was going to be online but then I heard something about that it wont be..... may be Ed Boon might change his mind. Fingers Crossed.!.!.

Tekken 5 (Possibily also an Online fighting game. Just imagine...playing Tekken ONLINE... WOW!.! A dream come true. DAMN!!).

OH YEAH! A new Moratl Kombat, did'nt know this, hope it does go online, I will sure add to its replay value::D

Tekken online, better than the arcades!?!?!? awsome!

dan, it hasnt come out yet in the U.S.:P

Well, just goota say a Great title is homing in on you.;)

Nelo Angelo
Jul 23rd, 2003, 07:25 AM
Soul Calibur II to the max.

FinalFantasyX-2
Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:38 AM
SoulCalibar II all the way to heaven :)

aj142
Jul 23rd, 2003, 02:33 PM
I'm most exited about playing SCII, especially on Xbox for the Spawn character; http://www.soulcalibur2.com/sc2_xbox.html

cabarello
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:14 PM
true crime streets of LA or GTA4 are the two i want to play:ghost:

Infernal Mass
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:29 AM
after watching the new trailer..i gotta say SC2

Frozen
Jul 24th, 2003, 12:03 PM

i was under the impression that snk vs. capcom chaos will be on 3d, guess i was wrong. thanks man.:Dhttp://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Don't take my word for it though, I don't even know when the hell is it coming out but I know it should be soon, but knowing it's SNK in charge of it, I seriously doubt they'll make it 3D.

Vic Viper
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:24 PM

Don't take my word for it though, I don't even know when the hell is it coming out but I know it should be soon, but knowing it's SNK in charge of it, I seriously doubt they'll make it 3D.

yea i did a search on the game and it is on 2d, so happy. from what i've read this game is already out in the arcades, japan though:(, but they'll have the console release later this year. :)

- here are the characters (http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/svc/english/chara/chara_top.html)

- here are some pics taken from E3 (http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/e3-svc/SVC.htm)

aj142
Jul 24th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Those Street Fighter character renderings are cool - it was always fun to see how the new renderings of the same old characters would look. I'm so over 2-D games though.

happy_doughnut
Jul 24th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Soul Calibur II, definitely! - I plan to get copies for both the GC and PS2 (<-- although, I don't know why I'm getting this :disturb: )

Hai, it may be old fashioned and whatnot, but 2D fighters are... well, I prefer them :weep:.

Those are some nice screens from the game, Vic. =)
Although, I must say, I'm not all that awed by the current line up for the Capcom side. Where's Sakura??
Also, I wonder why'd they'd use character's like Balrog and Tessa.
I only remember Balrog from SFII and Tessa from Pocket Fighter. O_o

!! : I had seen the former link before some time ago, and I remember they had some of the names all messed up. Seems like it was fixed. :O!

Frozen
Jul 25th, 2003, 11:53 AM

yea i did a search on the game and it is on 2d, so happy. from what i've read this game is already out in the arcades, japan though:(, but they'll have the console release later this year. :)

- here are the characters (http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/svc/english/chara/chara_top.html)

- here are some pics taken from E3 (http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/e3-svc/SVC.htm)

Dude, it looks BRUTAL!!!

But are they ging to be gay enough to release it only in DC, or will they actually release it on PS2?

aj142
Jul 25th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ZeroSniper

Hai, it may be old fashioned and whatnot, but 2D fighters are... well, I prefer them :weep:.

There's something for everyone out there - that's the beauty of life.

FinalFantasyX-2
Jul 25th, 2003, 04:43 PM
How do you do the quote thing just like you did, what do i press?

And true too true, that theres something for everyone im this world!

Vic Viper
Jul 26th, 2003, 04:02 AM

Dude, it looks BRUTAL!!!

But are they ging to be gay enough to release it only in DC, or will they actually release it on PS2?

doesnt make much sense for them to release it on a dead console, so im pretty sure its going on the ps2.:ghost:

Vic Viper
Jul 26th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by FinalFantasyX-2

How do you do the quote thing just like you did, what do i press?

just press the "quote" button, look closely its in there:peoples:

or you can type in the tag, (quote) (/quote)

just make sure to replace the parenthesis with a brakets [ ] [/]

Vic Viper
Jul 26th, 2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by ZeroSniper

Soul Calibur II, definitely! - I plan to get copies for both the GC and PS2 (<-- although, I don't know why I'm getting this :disturb: )

Those are some nice screens from the game, Vic. =)
Although, I must say, I'm not all that awed by the current line up for the Capcom side. Where's Sakura??
Also, I wonder why'd they'd use character's like Balrog and Tessa.
I only remember Balrog from SFII and Tessa from Pocket Fighter. O_o

i know those line up is a bit small, hope they add some more characters.

and i agree with you 2d fighters >>>>>>>>> 3d.:ghost:

ssjtrunks13
Jul 27th, 2003, 04:13 PM

DO you not know about DBZ: Budokai 2? It's gonna have 2d characters, but then again the backgrounds will be 3d so I'm not sure if you'd call it a 2D fighter.

AJ14, you forgot about DBZ:" Budokai 2 dude! I don't know about getting SCII but the graphics do look awesome, also the article I read on it made the game sound good. But out of a whole list of fighting games Budokai 2 is number one.

dan da man
Jul 27th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

DO you not know about DBZ: Budokai 2? It's gonna have 2d characters, but then again the backgrounds will be 3d so I'm not sure if you'd call it a 2D fighter.

I thought the Graphics were cel shaded in DBZ: Budokai 2, is this correct SSJ?

Vic Viper
Jul 27th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

I thought the Graphics were cel shaded in DBZ: Budokai 2, is this correct SSJ?

yep you're correct dan.

and your wrong trunks budokai 2 will be in 3d, with cel shading graphics.

Frozen
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:01 PM

doesnt make much sense for them to release it on a dead console, so im pretty sure its going on the ps2.:ghost:

True indeed, but they are gay enough to still do so with the KOF's (but I think the console's undead tho :roll: )

Let's hope the game is indeed good and not just looks.

Vic Viper
Aug 2nd, 2003, 06:42 PM
- Playmore announced they will release a PlayStation 2 port of SNK Vs Capcom: SVC Chaos in Japan in early 2004. An Xbox version will follow after the PS2 version is released.

the magicbox (http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm)

Daniel Legge
Aug 3rd, 2003, 05:45 AM
What about Tekken 5? I cant wait for that. I wanna see what new characters and stroy developments there are in the game. Any body else lookin forward to it?

pilgrimage451
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Oh man. I love Tekken, but some people are just sick at it. I'd love to spend a day getting my head handed to me on that.

Vicious_2003
Nov 13th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Hmmm what fighting games am I looking forward to ? Simply put

NONE

Same with racing games. If I want to be bored Ill watch womens basketball, its cheaper.

pjb2006
Nov 30th, 2003, 04:36 PM
I heard they're coming out with a new King of Fighters game that has 75 characters in it. Forgive me if this is old news.

Redpyramidhead
Dec 6th, 2003, 02:36 AM
Anywayz, most of all, I would like to see a new Fighting game series that is big and I mean big on a Soul Caliber, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc, type scale. It should have a lot of everything in it.

Anywayz, while I'm dreaming I would also like to mention that I really enjoyed MIdway's War Gods game. I still have it for my Ps1. If anybody here has ever played it they know that it is well crafted gem with unique gameplay elements. What's funny about it is that it came out before the dual shock controller did, so in order to move in 3d, which was the games biggest innovation at the time, one had to hold down a couple extra buttons while movie the digital pad. SO, my point is if they ever considered making a War Gods 2 for the PS2 I would be the happiest fighting game fan on Earth.

_RED_ stuff