PDA

View Full Version : Mgs 1 Snake

Frozen
Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:15 PM
HIS MISSIONS SUCK ASS!!! Actually I love it, it's just freaking hard-core, or I just suck at this game. I've completed 100% of the missions with all Snakes and Raidens, but hell, this is giving me hard time. I'm enjoying it a lot, though.

dan da man
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:09 PM
You on about substance?:peoples:

Frozen
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

You on about substance?:peoples:

I on about substance, yes (lmao)

MakgSnake
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:48 PM
You Ok Frozen?.....

Frozen
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:41 PM
Yes, I'm OK, thank you :D I posted a very possible spoiler for people who is playing all the missions in Substance, so I marked it as a spoiler. Although now that I think about it, I think I screwed up with the title XD

So, have you finished all of the missions yet, Makg?

MakgSnake
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:29 PM
No, I havn't been playing Substance that much.....the only time I play Substance is to finish the game again and again.

I love the gameplay and all but its the story I crave for.

dan da man
Jul 23rd, 2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

EXACTLY!

Everytime I play substance, I cant resist starting a new game.

Dark Angel
Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:31 PM
Same here, I think I've only done a pitiful 15% of the Missions as I keep playing the story part of the game. Well until yesterday when I wiped my Substance data!! Thank god the missions stuff was on a different save.... It wasn't too bad as I haven't played Substance that much I was only getting dogtags, had them all up to Shell 2 on Normal, but it's a pain to have go through it all again....

Frozen
Jul 24th, 2003, 11:56 AM

No, I havn't been playing Substance that much.....the only time I play Substance is to finish the game again and again.

Then why did you bother buying this game and just kept playing SOL instead? Seems like a lame waste of money to me.

I'm actually saving the GAME for later, after I'm done 100% with the missions. Right now I'm 92% but the missions with this guy are really afreaking pain in the ass to complete. But thus I have learned many things I did not use or did not know how to use before: like grenades without grenade luncher. It's a pain in the ass to land them in the right spot. And it has helped me develop another many sneaking techniques I never thought of.

Play it niggas.

dan da man
Jul 24th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

Then why did you bother buying this game and just kept playing SOL instead? Seems like a lame waste of money to me.

Not if you're a fan.:sarcasm:

Dark Angel
Jul 24th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Well said;)

SplinterJD
Jul 25th, 2003, 08:29 AM
aye too true I play it when I get the chance and always have a shot at the main game and i've done about 38% of the missions cant be stuffed sitting down to do them all takes too much time.:P

Frozen
Jul 25th, 2003, 11:46 AM

Not if you're a fan.:sarcasm:

So being a fan just means to buy all the possible products associated to your fanaticism? Pffft. :\

It's sad to see how many people talk of themselves as fans but don't actually get into the thing... just pretend to.

Kojima made this god damned game for the fans, indeed, but then he also meant for THE FANS to play all of the new stuff he put into the game, otherwise he would not have even bothered in adding all those missions and mini games, instead, just released the same game with a different game.

You consider yourself a fan? Think again.

dan da man
Jul 25th, 2003, 03:33 PM

So being a fan just means to buy all the possible products associated to your fanaticism? Pffft. :\

It's sad to see how many people talk of themselves as fans but don't actually get into the thing... just pretend to.

Kojima made this god damned game for the fans, indeed, but then he also meant for THE FANS to play all of the new stuff he put into the game, otherwise he would not have even bothered in adding all those missions and mini games, instead, just released the same game with a different game.

You must really consider what you are saying, if you're a fan you buy both, SOB and Subtance, and I never said I dont play the other parts of the game (VR mision, Snakkes Tails, Special Missions etc etc), becuase I do!

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Yeah I'm a hardcore fan mainly because I CRAVE THE SNAKE!@

MakgSnake
Jul 26th, 2003, 11:25 PM

Did you know why Kojima created "Substance" .... it was a demand by "Non-MGS" fans. People who wanted to play and just play. Metal Gear fans enjoyed and loved "Sons Of Liberty". I became a Metal Gear Fan because of its storyline, because of its dialouges and its music and its surrounding. If it wasn't for Kojima, Metal Gear could have been just like "Splinter Cell". But no....it had emotional scenes, character developments, theme songs. Substance is just pure gameplay, no story. I have been playing "Substance" VR Levels.....but its the LIFE OF SOLID SNAKE that intrest me.

I just bought Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance on the PC, and havn't even opened it.....probably wont. It'll be a decoration piece in my room. Plus, even if I tried, it wont work on my PC. The requirments are very high. Being a "FAN" doesn't mean playing everything, or how quickly. Its knowing what you love...and I can say, I know what I LOVE.

People have played Substance and finished it too..... but that wont make them a bigger FAN then anyone else. Just because you are finishing various levels quickly, doesn't make you a great FAN, it DOES make you a good gamer, but not a bigger fan. There is a difference.

And being a fan means supporting what you love. I am HUGE fan of Mr Hideo Kojima, so buying a Metal Gear product means giving him the money, so that he can make better and bigger products. :)

Supporting what I love, what I am a fan of. :)

Metal Gear, the grestest series ever created.

dan da man
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:07 AM

Did you know why Kojima created "Substance" .... it was a demand by "Non-MGS" fans. People who wanted to play and just play. Metal Gear fans enjoyed and loved "Sons Of Liberty". I became a Metal Gear Fan because of its storyline, because of its dialouges and its music and its surrounding. If it wasn't for Kojima, Metal Gear could have been just like "Splinter Cell". But no....it had emotional scenes, character developments, theme songs. Substance is just pure gameplay, no story. I have been playing "Substance" VR Levels.....but its the LIFE OF SOLID SNAKE that intrest me.

I just bought Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance on the PC, and havn't even opened it.....probably wont. It'll be a decoration piece in my room. Plus, even if I tried, it wont work on my PC. The requirments are very high. Being a "FAN" doesn't mean playing everything, or how quickly. Its knowing what you love...and I can say, I know what I LOVE.

People have played Substance and finished it too..... but that wont make them a bigger FAN then anyone else. Just because you are finishing various levels quickly, doesn't make you a great FAN, it DOES make you a good gamer, but not a bigger fan. There is a difference.

And being a fan means supporting what you love. I am HUGE fan of Mr Hideo Kojima, so buying a Metal Gear product means giving him the money, so that he can make better and bigger products. :)

Dont want to break anyone's love for this game, mine niether, but some news has broke out that Kojima does not even write the F:censored:G story line!.!.! OMG! thats why millions of people envy this guy, even top game devlopers, I dont want to believe this, the story is big (read) it's not on the net, so im going to analyse it more and post exactly.:shock:

Frozen
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:34 AM

I DO consider myself a good gamer even though nothing great. Now, I HAVE NEVER SAID that I am a great FAN, and you probably remember that. I do love MGS but I don't share that fanatic feeling of "just buying all sorts of products from the same shit cuz I'm a fan"

You guys only sound like fans of SNAKE, the character, not the MGS games as a whole.

A TRUE fan would both buy the games and finish them from inside out.

Because you don't support game developers just by buying their shit. You make their job have a real meaning by playing throughout all what they did, for you, the consumer, buyer, fan, whatever.

So yeah, I won't hide it, and it's probably very stupid from my part, but I feel very disappointed at all of you (mainly Makg and Dan) for not playing the missions. What can I say? :laugh:

dan da man
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:58 AM
I have played the mission on subtance, That's what I bought the DAMN game for, MakgSnake has MOST probally play the extra missions in Substance, But the game came out ages ago, so me and maybe MakgSanke and Dark Angel have stop playing them, but play the story mode instead! If people cant do that or even FANS, then we just ignore people saying what we dont do, when I have and probally so the guy's have done, MakgSanke made a statement saying he cant stop playing the story (tanker/plant), and me and Dark Angel said us too, where the hell does that say we don't play all the extra stuff in Subtance?!?!?

MakgSnake
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:36 PM

MakgSanke made a statement saying he cant stop playing the story (tanker/plant), and me and Dark Angel said us too, where the hell does that say we don't play all the extra stuff in Subtance?!?!?
Its cool Dan, may be Frozen just needs to read the posts more carefully in the future. It could be an honest mistake.

Oh by the way, where did you hear that Kojima didn't write the storyline?.....Because its because of Kojima, the storyline of Sons Of Liberty was what it is now. Its because of him, Raiden made an appearance. ........ I dont know where you heard that from though. I would wanna go deep into that to find out if thats true.

dan da man
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:38 PM

Oh by the way, where did you hear that Kojima didn't write the storyline?.....Because its because of Kojima, the storyline of Sons Of Liberty was what it is now. Its because of him, Raiden made an appearance. ........ I dont know where you heard that from though. I would wanna go deep into that to find out if thats true.

Im cool, I read it in a mgazine, I knew I would get some Metal Gears fans worried, I dont know if it it is true, the way the article was wrote as if was a attack on San, well in my heart I knoe he writes the metal gear story's and directs them, until he confessed Im beleiving nothing.

Frozen
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Alright I'm sorry with you all "fans" all I want to hear is from some body who has finished the goddamned missions 100% so that I can worship him/her (fan or not, I do not give a damn) because right now I've gone 96.7% so far and this last little percentage is being more painful than the whole rest.

dan da man
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:46 PM

Alright I'm sorry with you all "fans" all I want to hear is from some body who has finished the goddamned missions 100% so that I can worship him/her (fan or not, I do not give a damn) because right now I've gone 96.7% so far and this last little percentage is being more painful than the whole rest.

Okay man, I cant do the FPS missions, even though im great at opther FPS games, these I cant do, all the other mission im fairly far in.

Frozen
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Yeah those FPS are a pain and I really did not like them that much, but if you set the controller HALO style you should not have much problem with them, they're actually pretty darn easy after you play them for a while. And now that I think about it, I'm completely glad MGS1 Snake does not have any FPS missions, because they would certainly suck hard.

Frozen
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:09 AM
So, no one around here has been playing them missions in shape yet, lately?

I've managed to complete 98% but hell this last 2% XD !!!!

MGS1 Snake is 88% complete right now. I've finished the VR missions with him, but the alternative missions are the toughie now. Specially Elimination and bomb disposal.

Mates, you're missing some fun. :B

dan da man
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Mates, you're missing some fun. :B

Well I've been there and done that, im having all the fun on Xbox Live now.

Frozen
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Did you finish all of the missions? 100% ?

*gets prepared*

Dark Angel
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:22 PM
The missions just fail to be fun to me, sure they're a nice addition but they annoy me a lot more than I'd like, so I'm not looking forward to getting 100%

dan da man
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:25 PM

Did you finish all of the missions? 100% ?

*gets prepared*

No lol.

The missions just fail to be fun to me, sure they're a nice addition but they annoy me a lot more than I'd like, so I'm not looking forward to getting 100%

^^^^that happened to me.

Frozen
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:36 PM
*his hopes go down*

I've actually found them extremly fun after being killed thousands of times (which is not fun, but wait) and finding out then how to beat the hell out of those suckers, in ways that I would have not imagined on the begining. They have helped me develope SKILL. Now I might be able to beat the damn game inextreme with no radar, which I saw as an imposible feat the first time I beated the original SOL in NORMAL.

I wonder where the hell BellsDelSol and SSSnake are right now. :(

dan da man
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:43 PM

*his hopes go down*

I've actually found them extremly fun after being killed thousands of times (which is not fun, but wait) and finding out then how to beat the hell out of those suckers, in ways that I would have not imagined on the begining. They have helped me develope SKILL. Now I might be able to beat the damn game inextreme with no radar, which I saw as an imposible feat the first time I beated the original SOL in NORMAL.

I wonder where the hell BellsDelSol and SSSnake are right now. :(

Nah, you're right, always try to find out a new way, just they did'nt appeal to me as much as the story modes, and I cant play on Substance now becuase my G/F lent it (havent seen it since)

I was about 15% done overall, but only played them for a week. try a couple of MGS fanboy sites, someone on there would of about to of beat Substance 100%, oh and ask dark angel she knows one, cant rember what its called, mgs2online, summat like that.

Frozen
Aug 7th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the references. I've finally managed to achieve 90% with this mah fah. Giving me an overall of 98.4% I never imagined it was gonna be so damn hard, I pretty much achieve 1% everyday. What's funny is that some missions are extremly difficult, to find that the very next one is easy as hell, but then the one after is another pain.

mini-spoiler:

So far I've completed 9 extermination missions, leaving me with the last one in which the soldiers are invisible, carrying shotguns and killing me with one shot :(

And I still have to complete 6 Hold-up missions and 3 bomb defusal missions.

It's gonna feel great when I finish them all.

EDIT: ONLY 2 MISSIONS LEFT! The last Elimination mission and the last Bomb Defusal.

99.6% completed.

Frozen
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:02 AM
YEE HAW!!!!!!

Finally, 100% Complete. Damn, it took me well over 50 hours to complete all that. And probably 15 of those 50 hours were only dedicated to MGS1 Snake.

Finally I'm through! I know, I suck, celebrating over such a meaningless feat. :heh:

Now I'm gonna erase the data and start all over again!!! :B j/k

Actually now I'm again in the process of collecting the dog tags in HARD, then I'll go for EXTREME, and leave easy and normal for last. :D Being able to finally play SOL, AGAIN, after going over the self restraint I put, gives me a feeling of... reward.

I'm a happy man.

dan da man
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:29 AM
congrats Frozen, but the biggest challenge, is collecting all the dog tags on European Extreme, seeing you have subtance and completed SOB story mode you would have unlocked that option, honestly, it so HARD!! then you got the bosses, Fortune is one of the hardest and all the guards to get past, I could go on but I dont want to spoil your MEGA HARD ADVENTURE ahead of you.:D

Frozen
Aug 14th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Well, actually I just began to play yesterday after I finished the missions, so I haven't even finished SOL yet in hard, (I mean, SOL in Substance, that is) so Ia hven't got there yet... but it sounds like a damned challenge, thanks for the heads up!!! :D