PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga 2

Reid
Jul 21st, 2003, 06:48 PM
http://www.g a m e r s.com/news/1425698/

For your obsessive scrutinization, we present the first series of proper screens from Monolith Soft's Xenosaga Episode II, released today in advance of the game's public debut next Monday. The game's new style of character and mecha design remains intriguing -- less iconic and more realistic, relatively speaking -- and a few characters are moving into different roles.

The cast of the sequel is mostly familiar, but Shion's brother Jin Uzuki is moving forward to take a more significant role now. There also appears to be one new character, a red-headed young man, unless the Elsa navigator Tony has simply dyed his hair. The villains remain the same, though -- that's Margulis with the sword and Albedo surrounded by showers of Hebrew letters.

On the mechanical end of things, two new AGWS mecha have been introduced so far: the E.S. Asher and E.S. Issachar. As mentioned before, those are respectively named after the eighth and ninth sons of Jacob in the Bible, proving that Monolith Soft still can't resist the pull of an obscure religious reference. At least one other new AGWS appears in the first series of screens, a more utilitarian model than its heavily-ornamented fellows, but it has yet to receive a name.

Monolith Soft and Namco have yet to offer a release date for their sequel, which foretells a long build towards its eventual arrival. We'll have more of the first wave next week, after the game's showing on Monday.

I played through Xenogears but haven't gotten to Xenosaga yet. Still, this looks pretty exciting and will probably mean more to those that've completed Xenosaga : Part One.

EDIT:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/xenosaga2/news_6071905.html

Found that the game's title is; Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose which translates roughly into Beyond Good and Evil if my one year of highschool German serves me correctly.

:P

DragonSphere
Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:04 AM
Quite frankly, I don't like the new "realistic" look of the characters. Somehow, they look a bit lifeless without Episode I's anime-inspired models; I mean, without the big ol' red/blue eyes of KOS-MOS, she just isn't the same- niether does Shion for that matter. Though this approach may be more suitable for the overall seriousness of the plot, the new facelift just seems to stray so far away from the tone and impression set by the first Saga.

However, I'll wait until I see the game in action to see if the new look does indeed fit perfectly with the gameplay. Either way, I'll still play the game.

BTW, I also hear the title being translated to Beyond Good and Evil .

Reid
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:12 PM
Yeah, "Beyond Good and Evil" is right.

My mistake.

ssjtrunks13
Jul 27th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Is that person with the blue hair KOS-MOS? I was thinking maybe it takes place some odd years after, but even if that was true it doesn't explain why she looks older cause I thought she was an android.