PDA

View Full Version : CD of 2001!

Reid
Jan 24th, 2002, 03:12 PM
I know it's a bit late for this but, what's your favourite CD released in 2001?

Mine would have to be;

1. System of a Down - Toxicity
2. Tool - Lateralus
3. Stone Temple Pilots - Shangri La Dee Da
4. Gorillaz (self titled)
5. Finger Eleven - The Greyest of Blue Skies
6. Rob Zombie - The Sinister Urge
7. Incubus - Morning View

I might be forgetting some that I really liked but that's what came off the top of my head.

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 04:55 PM
I Liked

Project Wyze's Cd
Micheal Jackson's Invincible
Usher's New Album
Linkin Park's CD
Incubus's CD
And.....Junoon's Ishq

Sowwy, I Dont Know Their Names! :(

x157anz
Jan 24th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Theres only 2 for me and thats:

So Solid Crew - they dont know album
Blink 182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket album

007_JamesBond
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:40 PM
one of my favorites is Linkin Park's Hybrid theory. I also liked Flaw, static X, and Disturbed(Not released last year though)

jenova_jeb
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory
P.O.D.: Satellite (sp?)
DC Talk: Intermission

Amazing cds.

007_JamesBond
Jan 25th, 2002, 12:36 PM
POD was good too. I like the songs that they have released.

LiquidSm0ke
Jan 25th, 2002, 02:11 PM
P.O.D. - Satellite
System of a Down - Toxicity
Disturbed
Michael Jackson - Invincible

Reid
Jan 25th, 2002, 02:15 PM
A lot of people that I know seemed to like the new Staind CD, Break the Cycle but I find that Aaron Lewish just sort of whines too much now.
I mean, I used to like those guys a lot but that whole "whine-rock" genre of music that's getting big now is starting to take it's toll on me.

Anyone else find that as well?

MakgSnake
Jan 25th, 2002, 03:06 PM
....Well....I Think He Just Speaks Reality....I Mean To Say....He Try To Put Alot Of Reality In His Songs.....Thats Why They SOUND Like He Is Whining!.! Cause Of The Bad Things Happened In Life........If Anybody Right Next To You......Speaks About The Bad Stuff That Has Happened To Him/Her, U Might Get A Feeling That He/She Is Whining About Everything......!.......And Asking For Sympathy.

But U Are Right....He Should Start Making Some Nice LifeLike Songs Too.!. Right Now, He Is Just Asking For Alot Of Sympathy For Him.....!......Which We Have Givin Him....(By Buying HIS CD) But I Guess Its About Time He Should Be HAPPY Now...And Start Making "Happy Happy" Songs....!.....Or Anything Else! :)

x157anz
Jan 25th, 2002, 03:24 PM
One of my other Faveroutes is Bonkers Cds.
I havnt seen them around nower days. Does anybody have any bonkers cd's i would be happy to buy it off them :)

Faile
Jan 25th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Muse - Origin of Symmetry
Amazing . it . is .

and smashing pumpkins - greatest hits

and new order - get ready

Reid
Jan 25th, 2002, 06:18 PM
What you said is true, Makg . . . but I just think that on an album they should establish a bit of variety in their songs.
Everyone gets depressed and writes depressing songs, voicing their feelings, but look at Nirvana, at least there was a great range of different types of songs on their albums.
And, Kurt Cobain did have a lot to complain about.

It could be just monotony that makes me not like the "whine-rock" sound then.

Who knows?

Spirit
Jan 25th, 2002, 06:55 PM
linkin park: HT
blink182: TOUPAJ

IcyMourdor
Jan 25th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Nickelback-Silver Side Up
Linkin Park-Hybrid Theory

I didn't get many CDs last year.

BowevelJoe
Jan 25th, 2002, 11:56 PM
SoaD:Toxicity
Nickelback:Silver Side Up
Incubus:Morning View
SP:Greatest Hits
Tool:Lateralus
Creed:Weathered

bah thats all i can think of, im going to have to go through my cd case lol

Yeah Reid, StainD has changed alot since their 1st cd, they went from some hard hitting stuff to this mopey, im depressed kind of stuff, it kinda sickens me lol..but hey, some people like it better but in my opinion, it gets old quick.

Reid
Jan 26th, 2002, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I have their older CD "Dysfunction" where there were only a few tracks that were sort of "whine-rock", but then again a lot of their harder stuff was sort of "angst-rock", which also wore on me.

Wow, i'm creating categories left right and center.

I forgot about the Smashing Pumpkins - Greatest Hits (Something about Apples, can't quite remember, sorry). That was a really well balanced mix of their songs.

BowevelJoe
Jan 26th, 2002, 09:55 PM
ah man, the SP have always been awsome, i did question Adore when it was released, but after listning to it for awhile it was a pretty sweet album, but that was the only time i wondered about them. Ah Bush-Golden State, another awsome album..

Reid
Jan 27th, 2002, 03:35 AM
Yeah, I was sort of concerned about where Smashing Pumpkins were going when they released "Ava Adore" but after getting used to their sound progression I knew they were still all good.
:D

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 27th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Hands Down CD of 2001 would have to go to Creeds:Weathered.

IcyMourdor
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Hands Down CD of 2001 would have to go to Creeds:Weathered.

Can't believe I forgot about that CD. That was a great CD.