PDA

View Full Version : skies of arcadia

nanjij
Mar 2nd, 2002, 04:11 PM
i dont know anything about the actual game apart from its ment to be brilliant. ive wanted to play it since the DC came out but i never got one or played. but there is good news it is being release in japan 10th may 2002 on ps2 :) so that means it will probably come to the US or europe soon

IcyMourdor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:14 PM
I'm not familiar to this game.

Could you tell me something about it?

Hadoken
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:52 PM
I own SOA for DC. I didnt ever finish it though....
The graphics were pretty nice. But i just didnt play it very long.
Think I just got to the half point in the game and quit.

jenova_jeb
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:43 PM
I'm planning on picking up a DC in a couple weeks, and was thinking about this game. But as of now, I've just got to much to play. Maybe someday....

nanjij
Mar 3rd, 2002, 06:29 AM
i think it got high review scores and wot ive seen of it, im am very impressed

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:14 PM
Sweet skies of arcadia is finally coming to ps2

nanjij
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:43 PM
why have u played it at all
i keep trying to make my mate buy it cause hes got DC but he never has any money

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:09 PM
I havent played it a few of my friends have and say its great.I owned a dreamcast once but never had a chance to play it

jenova_jeb
Mar 5th, 2002, 08:04 AM
My brother just got about $110.00 for his b-day, and I talked him into buying a dreamcast (:D). So we should have it in a day or two. I'm planning to pick up Skies of Arcadia as well as some other greats like Jet Grind Radio and Shenmue. Maybe Soul Calibur too.

merylsilverburg
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by jenova_jeb
My brother just got about $110.00 for his b-day, and I talked him into buying a dreamcast (:D). So we should have it in a day or two. I'm planning to pick up Skies of Arcadia as well as some other greats like Jet Grind Radio and Shenmue. Maybe Soul Calibur too.

AWESOME CHOICES!!! I've got all those games, and believe me, you won't regret it! :D Especially Shenmue. Omigod, I remember when I played that game. It was so realistic to me. Let's say it was so realistic....when I was at school, I looked up at the clock and I panicked because I thought I missed the bus! For real. My sister had the same reaction. When she saw a bus driving by, she freaked out 'cause she thought she was missing it too. She watched me play the entire thing, so we're both kinda :roll: But, get that game. It's cool. As for Skies of Arcadia....this is one hell of a TERRIFIC RPG! The characters are so greatly developed! This is a light-hearted RPG, so it's funny and fun! And, depending on your choices when you play as the main character, Vyse...it either raises or lowers your pirate ranking. The higher your ranking, the more people know and trust you! The towns and cities are beautiful, the characters (damn!) they're GOOD! This is one of the best RPGs on the DC, in my opinion. Especially when you're trying to compete finding those Discoveries! The more you find a harder place, the more money you get! But, there are A LOT of stupid random battles. Every second, you encounter one, which makes it hard when you're finding Discoveries. Besides fighting monsters, there's also Airship battles! You have to plan out your moves strategically, otherwise you're gonna die! But, it's not that hard. I just love it for various reasons, but this game is really good anyway. It's an pirate adventure, plus it makes you smile a lot. *Sigh* I'm glad they're bringing such a terrific game over to the PS2. :happy:

jenova_jeb
Mar 6th, 2002, 07:35 PM
We just got our Dreamcast last night with Jet Grind Radio. I wasn't so sure I was going to buy Shenmue, but after hearing what you have to say about it, I'm definitely going to give it a try! That's cool about Skies of Arcadia too. I like light-hearted and funny games, so I'll probably like that too. :)

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 7th, 2002, 01:02 PM
I too own the DC. I've beaten Jet Grind Radio, which is a fun game! Shenmue is so realistic and awesome. I love the different Kung-Fu moves and the fact that you can interact with almost anything! However I was so disappointed when the sequal was cancelled for DC and is now moving to the XBOX:frust:

As for Skies Of Arcadia.....brilliant game. It's very upbeat and puts you in a good mood. The graphics are good and the battle system is innovative. I especially like the Special Abilities like Cutlass Fury and Pirate's Wrath. The Ship battles are very strategic and I LOVE strategic aspects in any game! The world map and discoveries are fun but I especially liked recruiting people for jobs on my airship, especially when the crew command came up in the battle system and I was able to call on my ship's crew for one hell of an attack....anyway, I know the DC is pretty much dead, but for the price it's going for I say buy it! And pick up these three games as well!

merylsilverburg
Mar 7th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
I too own the DC. I've beaten Jet Grind Radio, which is a fun game! Shenmue is so realistic and awesome. I love the different Kung-Fu moves and the fact that you can interact with almost anything! However I was so disappointed when the sequal was cancelled for DC and is now moving to the XBOX:frust:

As for Skies Of Arcadia.....brilliant game. It's very upbeat and puts you in a good mood. The graphics are good and the battle system is innovative. I especially like the Special Abilities like Cutlass Fury and Pirate's Wrath. The Ship battles are very strategic and I LOVE strategic aspects in any game! The world map and discoveries are fun but I especially liked recruiting people for jobs on my airship, especially when the crew command came up in the battle system and I was able to call on my ship's crew for one hell of an attack....anyway, I know the DC is pretty much dead, but for the price it's going for I say buy it! And pick up these three games as well!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD Brilliant words, man! I applaud you!! *clap, clap* I know, it really sucks about Shenmue being on that horrid X-Box.....I was so upset, I thought I was gonna cry. Now, I'll never find out the rest of the story about Ryo and his next adventure....:weep: I love Skies of Arcadia! Yaaaaahhhh! Oh, btw, Sword 4 Hire, do you have all the secret characters and Graffiti Souls for Jet Grind Radio? Which is your fav. character? Mine is Pirahna (sp?).

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 7th, 2002, 11:22 PM
Thank you:D Yeah I pretty much got everything in the game....I think....my favorite character was Professor K, with his hip sounds and guerilla broadcasting... he was the best! As for playable characters, my favorite was...oh what was his name....the bald guy with the bug eye glasses....oh i'm horrible at names....i dunno help me out meryl! lol

As for Shenmue 2 coming to XBOX...i don't know what to do. Do I stay faithful to Sony, or go ahead and buy the XBOX for Shenmue 2 and hopefully Jet Set Radio Future....oh and an Arcadia sequal....that would be awesome!!!!

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2002, 12:58 AM
Are you talking about Slate, Sword 4 Hire? He's pretty cool too, but I like the chicks, I dunno why. I thought that *SPOILERS* the head honcho....oh man....I forgot his name too....you know, the evil guy. I haven't played this game for a year, so I forgot too. :sarcasm: I have the same dilemna too. I don't want to buy the stupid X-Box, but yet....I want to play all those cool games and all. Makes me sad when I think about it. :(

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 8th, 2002, 01:33 PM
I think that's his name...hmm the evil guy? Was he playable, or a bad guy?

Yeah I'll probably give in to the XBOX...but I wont support it!!

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2002, 06:52 PM
The main evil guy....the one in the suit that you have to beat at the end of the game....yeah, he's playable!! :cool: But, dammit....I forgot his stupid name....it starts with a "G" I know.....

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2002, 04:16 PM
somethin Rokaku right?

merylsilverburg
Mar 28th, 2002, 07:53 PM
Yeah, Goji Rokaku! He's a secret playable character, just like the Noise Tanks, Love Shockers, and Poison Jam . Dude, even their DOG is playable! His name is Potts.....the dog that was "dognapped" in the game. Have you got all of them?

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 28th, 2002, 10:47 PM
I guess I haven't done much in the game...lol. HOw do you get em...and r they worth the trouble?

merylsilverburg
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Well, I'm the type of person who feels like if there's any secrets, I HAVE TO TRY TO GET THEM! :laugh: So, it was TOUGH AS HELL to get the extra characters...but, to me...it was worth it. ;) Okay, here's what you do:

Love Shockers: To get the Love Shockers, complete every scene in the story mode of Shibuya-cho with a JET rating.

Noise Tanks: To get the Noise Tanks, complete every scene in the story mode of Benten-cho with a JET rating.

Poison Jam: To get Poison Jam, complete every scene in the story mode of Kogane-cho with a JET rating.

Goji Rokaku: To get Goji Rokaku, unlock the Love Shockers, Noise Tanks, and Poison Jam gangs, then get a JET rating on both stages in Grind City.

Potts: To get the dog, Potts, play through the game once and try to get the Love Shockers, Noise Tanks, Poison Jam, and Goji. Then, after you complete the game the first time, play it again a second time, except, play Monster of Kogane BEFORE Benten Boogie. After Chapter 2, a Noise Tank member will challenge you. Complete the challenge and you'll get Potts.

Here are some helpful tips that I figured out while trying to get these characters:

In order to get a JET rating on every stage in the story mode in every different district, use either Pirahna, Gum, or Yoyo. These guys are the best "taggers" in the game, because their "tags" are much more complicated than anyone else's. Trust me, it'll save you a LOT of pain later.

While using either Pirahna, Gum, or Yoyo....take your time tagging the graffitis. What I mean by that is, every time you tag a graffiti that is a medium or a large....take your time and follow the arrows perfectly! That way, you can get the points times 5, if you complete the rotations of the arrows every time you tag. It'll help boost your score, that way you can get a JET rating.

The time limits in the story mode don't matter! Just try to tag EVERY graffiti, but do it perfectly!

I think that's it. If you need any other help, you can PM me or post here, and I'll help you. I think getting the gangs are kinda worth it, because they're actually quite cool, and the Noise Tanks can hold up to 50 cans! :shock: But, believe me, it's pretty tough, and I know I screamed and tore my hair out a couple of times...:laugh:

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 29th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Wow...thanks! I'll give it a go...but my jet grind skills may be a little rusty

merylsilverburg
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Hey no prob! If you need any help, just ask! Yeah, today I started to play a little bit of Jet Grind myself, and man! I've lost my touch! :laugh: