PDA

View Full Version : look !! a metal gear clone.

Vic Viper
Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:15 PM
According to the latest issue of Famitsu magazine, a new game publisher named Access Games will be releasing a game called Spy Fiction for the PlayStation 2. Spy Fiction, which took three years to plan and has been in development for two years, is an action game that allows players to experience numerous Hollywood-style spy scenes. The character designer for the game is Range Murata (Groove on Fight, Submarine No. 6).

In Spy Fiction, the main characters are Billy Bishop and Sheila Crawford, who are top-notch agents in a secret intelligence organization called SEA. Their enemy is speculated to be a terrorist who has been behind a number of international terrorist attacks. Not much of the actual gameplay is known as of yet, but a number of screenshots show that the game is reminiscent of Konami's Metal Gear Solid series. The main character is also equipped with a high-tech camouflage suit that allows the player to become transparent while holding still.

http://www.videogamerx.net/gamenews/a001/335/02.jpg
http://www.videogamerx.net/gamenews/a001/335/03.jpg
http://www.videogamerx.net/gamenews/a001/335/06.jpg
http://www.videogamerx.net/gamenews/a001/335/07.jpg

what do you guys think ? its kinda like a mix between metal gear and mission impossible.:P looks cool so ill definately keeping my eye on this game.

Frozen
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:16 PM
Metal Gear clone it is. But it looks damn cool. Thanks for the info, promoter of fa ggotry.

dan da man
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:56 PM
This looks like a good stealthy game, but I want MGS3 more than ever! the girl is not even nice, I hope they improve her so we have a sexy agent on the ps2.:D

Thanks for the news Vic.

Vic Viper
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

Metal Gear clone it is. But it looks damn cool. Thanks for the info, promoter of fa ggotry.

excuse me....???

Vicious_2003
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:18 PM
Sounds promising, but that soldier looks downright retarted. And the main character better be careful I think they might notice that pistol floating around in mid-air :laugh:

Azuma_Ninja
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:01 PM
I like the idea of the suit turning transparent when you stand still. Man they are really running out names for games these days:laugh:

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:43 PM
Ewww. I don't like the looks of the character at all. That and the cheap looking HUD. This smells like a B title to me.

And Frozen.......whats with the name calling? :peoples:

Edit - Is it me or does the guard look like the Michelin man?

http://www.michelin.com/portail/images/im_portail1.jpg

Vicious_2003
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:35 PM
Edit - Is it me or does the guard look like the Michelin man?

LMFAO !. I knew he reminded me of someone. I think theyre subliminally advertising for Michelin :laugh: ;)

And Frozen.......whats with the name calling?

I was kind of wondering that myself, maybe im taking it out of context but that sounded rather hateful, and i should know im the most hateful person around here :laugh:

MakgSnake
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:57 PM
The game at this point looks pretty nice. Thanks for the Info Vic, nice banner/avatar by the way!.!.! But yeah the main character looks like the one in "X-Squad", I mean he isn't original..but maybe his nature/character could be nice. We'll see.

As for Frozen saying that..... for some weird reason....it doesn't seem like its the Frozen we have known before. May be someone else. I could be wrong. Oh well.

The name "Spy Fiction"..... very very bad name. I have around 7-8 good action game names. SERIOUSLY.

merylsilverburg
Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:40 AM
It's looks okay to me....the graphics are pretty sharp and I like the whole transparent thing going on. But I wonder how challenging the game will be with that feature?

Originally posted by Frozen

Um...okay. :peoples: There's no need for that, Frozen.

Originally posted by MakgSnake

As for Frozen saying that..... for some weird reason....it doesn't seem like its the Frozen we have known before. May be someone else. I could be wrong. Oh well.

You could be right, Makg. Frozen was sharing a computer with someone, right? Or he was using a public computer where someone could've hacked into his account? If so, then whoever it is, is ruining the real Frozen's good name. :mad:

blindman
Jul 5th, 2003, 09:27 PM
I thought it was Winback for a second:laugh: but it looks COOL, maybe the characters will be better than those of MGS since MGS was only good till number 2 came out, but never know what what 3 will do.
Anyhow, i think this game is a very welldone break, and if it has been in the developement for 5 years then i gotta say this game is going to be top notch.
But...if you visit the website Gamespot.com i'm sure they are going to give it a bad review, but meh, thats them.
Anyway, hope this game is good, and it think it'll do what Splinter Cell forgot in its gameplay and add lots of of features and stuff....whatever im just having too many hopes.:disturb:

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 5th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Blindman
since MGS was only good till number 2 came out

Makgsnake freaks out in 5...4...3...

:laugh:

blindman
Jul 6th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Lol, i dindt mean that...i mean since i havent played mgs3, i kinda have my doubts..and i think twin snakes is going to be good....i didnt mean mgs2 sucked! i liked it!

i guess im still screwed aint i.:P

blindman
Jul 6th, 2003, 03:10 PM
I think the name Spy Fiction is pretty sad too.

MakgSnake
Jul 6th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

Makgsnake freaks out in 5...4...3...

:laugh:
Nah, its cool...... not everybody can like MGS2. Thats one of the reason I made the thread "Metal Gear Fans".... theres alot of people who didn't like MGS2, because of its Storyline and thats it. Other then that 99.99% people agree that the game was TopNotch. So its cool. :)

Preventer Wind
Jul 6th, 2003, 07:30 PM
thought it was Winback for a second

That's what I thought too :)

I don't think the graphics look that sharp. And the main character looks like sort of like Rubedo from Xenosaga. Not to mention the guard looking like a padded dummy.

But not much is known about the game so I really can't say it's going to be great or terrible.

blindman
Jul 6th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

That's what I thought too :)

I don't think the graphics look that sharp. And the main character looks like sort of like Rubedo from Xenosaga. Not to mention the guard looking like a padded dummy.

But not much is known about the game so I really can't say it's going to be great or terrible.

First things first....Makg, i didnt say the game sucked i thought i explained that.

And P.Wind? hehe, there are rare people out there that have played Winback...so i thought i wouldnt had gotten my point accross after i said that...but whatever.
I agree that the soldier looks like some kind of dummy, but i think the game is going to be something out of cheap...i dont know, by the looks of it...but the graphics are pretty good...and i dont think those are the only types of guards there are anyway.
Hope the game is (in difficulty at least) better than Metal Gear solid games. But we can only hope for now.

Frozen
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Vic Viper knows what was I talking about and it was not even an insult... just a former title. None of you would understand and I do not intend for you to do so. I excuse myself for bringing it into this forum.

Vic Viper
Jul 8th, 2003, 07:39 PM
your probably mistaken me for some one else, i was never aware of being called that before, its all good glad you clear things up.;)

Frozen
Jul 9th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Of course, it was not in this forum, it was in a different message board... a ghetto MB :laugh:

Judging by the kind of posts you've shown and your likes for SNK's greatest character of all times you had to be the same god damned guy. But if you aren't, then forgive my imprudence :B

And sorry for not having replied before, I didn't read all of the posts, no one has hacked into my account or anything like that, I've just been lately speaking my mind just the way it is. But in this case it was something different.

Sorry if I have dissapointed you, Meryl-chan, and you, Makg. That's just the way I speak.