PDA

View Full Version : Mean Green Machine (HULK)

MakgSnake
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:38 PM
So till now how many of you have seen the movie yet. I have seen it twice already. I really like it. I think its the best Marvel Comics conversion of a Movie till now. Spider Man was amazing too, but this movie is just too good. Especially the music and the scene with the choppers.

What do you guys think?

Vicious_2003
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:57 AM
I saw Hulk on its opening night and thought it was pretty damn good. But I dont think it compares to Spider Man. The only parts of the Hulk worth watching were the fight scenes, which happened to be the COOLEST fight scenes I think ive ever seen. I like how the Hulk moved realistically. Like when he dove on the Helecoptor and when he hit the ground he had to dig his heels in and heave it over his head, as apposed to just picking it up and tossing it. As you know im a sucker for realism in anything. The Hulk fight sceens were just un like any ive seen before and thats why I liked the movie so much. The difference maker here has GOT to be the acting. I just about everyone in spiderman played thier parts VERY well. And beside that Spider Man is just a cooler super hero. As for the Dare Devil, ive heard bad things about that movie and have yet to see it, he has got to be one of the worst super heros ever imagined anyway, well maybe.

I cant wait untill they start to intermingle thier characters. Such as a movie with the Hulk battling spider man. Its been done in animated series, and tons of comics, why not the big screen too ?.

Hylas
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:05 AM
I can't talk about Hulk because I still have to watch the movie, but I don't like Hulk at all as a comic, so I'd say Spider Man. That movie was pretty good, especially considering it's taken from a comic (not that the first Batmans were bad, but the last ones sucked, so...). Among These comics I surely go for Spidey :)

I know this thread is focused on Hulk, but not my fault if the green man doesn't seem so appealing to me, duh :P

dan da man
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:29 AM
I dont read the comics, but my fav has always beem hulk, used to watch the series, cant wait to see the movie it will be out soon hopefully.

BlackThornn
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:02 AM
While I thought Spider Man was a better movie I think The Hulk was pretty good. Of course I went in there with expectations that were decidedly LOW. I was expecting horrible acting, off color direction, and a real overabundance of special effects. But in actuality all that was wrong with the film was a little bit of bad editing, some overly stylized (comic book window like) shots, and too many of those, and me being pissed off when the animal testing was going on. Of course I just get pissed every time I see stuff being done to animals, even fake ones.

And why aren't the X-Men movies up there?

dan da man
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by BlackThornn
And why aren't the X-Men movies up there?

:peoples: there rubbish and dont come near them.

BlackThornn
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:28 AM
The X-Men movies are rubbish yet DareDevil is a contender for best marvel flick?

Riiiiiiight.....

MakgSnake
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Oh yeah I missed the X-Men. Well......sorry about that. But if you think about it... Daredevil, Spidey and HULK are one character on which the comics are on. Xmen are bunch of people. So its alright. I geuss... :laugh:

I liked the X-2 Xmen United alot as well. Better then Daredevil. But if I would like to rate them it would be.

HULK
Spider Man
X2
Daredevil.

Did anyone see the TEASER TRAILER OF "The PUNISHER". Damn it was cool.

The Punishment Begins Summer 2004!.!.!

BlackThornn
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:31 PM
That trailer did look kickass, the actor they picked seems a little off though. I mean.. a blond punisher? O_o

And seeing a lighter pic of the punisher himself the costume has GOTTA be reworked a bit.. right now it just looks fugly.

Other than that I'm REALLY looking foward to it. It's said to be a film like the old-school riteous revenge flicks like Dirty Harry and Walking Tall.

SplinterJD
Jun 26th, 2003, 07:20 AM
well i've only seen SpiderMan so u can guess which my vote is. I'm hoping to watch the Hulk soon and I think i'll wait for the other two to come out on DVD.;)

Preventer Wind
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:23 PM
I voted for Spider Man because I like Spider Man more. My first impressions of the Spider Man movie was wow. But as I think more and more about it (and watch it over again) I think I liked the Hulk more.

I went in thinking that the movie wasn't going to be that great because I never really liked the Hulk or anything about it. But I thought Eric Bana did a great job playing Bruce Banner and Nick Nolte an even better job playing the Father. Jennifer Connely was also great. What impressed me the most wasn't how the Hulk looked but how life like his actions were. It was as if he could bust out of the screen and start tearing apart the theatre. I honestly felt the Hulk didn't look that great standing still but when he was moving is what made me go wow. The only part I really didn't like was the ending. It kind of lost me because I have little knowledge of the story.

omni vengeance
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:48 PM
I'm gettin' tired of all this mutating people and crap. It's all the frickin same nowadays, ya know?

Vicious_2003
Jun 26th, 2003, 03:08 PM
I think thats another reason I liked the hulk so much. I never gave a hot damn about the character because he didnt interest me one bit. But after seeing the movie I feel different. I ddint go in expecting the special effects to rule the movie too much because Ang Lee directed it. He is known for his ability to intigrate top notch amazing special effects very well without overshadowing the story or the acting.

As for someone calling the X Men movies rubbish. Your entitled to your opinion dude but if you ask me X 2 is right behind spiderman. I dint care for the first X men much but X Men united was off the hook. If that were on this list id say the top 3 super hero movie list would be as follows

1. Spider Man (Great Acting & Story)
2. X2 (Abundance of cool characters)
3. The Hulk (Amazing fight scenes)

dan da man
Jun 26th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Sorry, actually X-men are alot cooler than daredevil, I dint see that choice.

MakgSnake
Jun 27th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Sowwy, but now I have added X2 to the poll as well. I couldn't before....I know this is not exactly going to help, but for future members voting and all.

blindman
Jun 30th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Spiderman kept me in the edge...and breathtook me. Daredevil was kinda off...the only thing that saved it was the Bring me to life song by Evanescence.
I havent watched hulk...and Xmen i think its cool even thoguh i havent seen this one. Yet.