PDA

View Full Version : Your Top 5 anime/manga series!

Mana
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:34 PM
I don't know if it's been asked, I tried to check, but it seems nobody asked it before (someone asked fave characters and what anime series you've watched).

So what's your top 5 anime or manga series?

Mine is:

Evangelion
Card Captor Sakura
Trigun
Marmelade Boy
Slayers

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:36 PM
Mine are

1.DBZ
2.DBGT
3.Gundam wing
4.Gundam 08th ms team
5.outlaw star

merylsilverburg
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:41 PM
1. Rurouni Kenshin
2. Fruits Basket
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Cardcaptor Sakura
5. Trigun

Pu the Owl
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:43 PM
One Piece
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
The secret of Bluewater
Serial Experiments Lain

Pu the Owl
Mar 1st, 2002, 09:27 PM
I've seen Fruits Basket characters in some web site. They seem cute, but what's this series about?
The characters reminded me of some other series I've watched but I can't remember the title at this moment :p

LiquidSm0ke
Mar 1st, 2002, 09:30 PM
1. Evangelion (best Anime ever, IMO)
2. Cowboy Bepop
3. DBZ GT
4. Vampire Hunter D
5. Akira

Serj
Mar 1st, 2002, 09:33 PM
- DBZ
- Bubble Gum Crisis
- Blue Submarine No.6
- Pia Carrot
- Cowboy Bebop

merylsilverburg
Mar 1st, 2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Fortune
I've seen Fruits Basket characters in some web site. They seem cute, but what's this series about?
The characters reminded me of some other series I've watched but I can't remember the title at this moment :p

YEAH! I'm glad someone asked! :) Okay, here's the plot: (I took this from a Fruits Basket site, because my summaries suck, so this one is better)

After the death of her mother (who is killed in a car accident), Honda Tohru was living with her grandfather (on her dad's side). One day she is asked to live elsewhere for the time being (since his house was going to be rebuilt), so she started living alone in a camping tent set up (unknowingly) on land which is owned by the Sohma family. A week later, her tent is discovered by Sohma Yuki, who is a resident of the land (living with his cousin, Shigure) and is also Tohru's high school classmate.

Hearing Tohru's story, Yuki's guardian, Sohma Shigure tells her that she can live with them (at Shigure's house), in exchange for doing the laundry, cooking and other house chores. But the next day, the big incident happens!

An orange-haired high school student, Sohma Kyo comes crashing into Shigure's house through the roof. Tohru quickly tries to stop Kyo, but ends up hugging him (when she trips and falls on him). Kyo transforms into a cat (infront of Tohru) and not too long after, Shigure and Yuki transform into animals too (dog and rat).

Tohru learns that the Sohma family is a clan which is cursed by the animals of the Chinese Zodiac and when they are hugged by someone of the opposite sex (and is not another Sohma possessed by the Chinese Zodiac) they transform into the animal they are possessed by. Usually when someone learns of the Sohma clan's secret, that knowledge is erased from their memory, but for some reason Tohru's memory is not erased and she is given permission to live at Shigure's house. And so her life at Shigure's house and her involvement with the Sohma clan begins...

It's a very cute anime and it's mainly shoujo, so if you're not into that, you might be annoyed. But, there are a lot of guy viewers who watch this show too. It's adorable, there's no hentai, no nudity (except for after they transform back to human, but nothing revealing) and Tohru is a cool character. But, it's really up to you whether you like it or not. I'm totally crazy about it. :)

Pu the Owl
Mar 1st, 2002, 09:45 PM
hehehe the Chinese Zodiac curse is really bizarre :D
About shoujo, I can't say if I'm into it or not: I liked very much some shoujo series, while I hated other ones. So if I have the possibility I'll give this one a try :)

IcyMourdor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:57 AM
Mine consist of:

Cowboy Bebop
Escaflowne
Outlaw Star
Evangelion
Dragonball Z

jenova_jeb
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:08 AM
Dragonball Z
Dragonball
08th MS Team Gundam
Gundam Wing
Bubble Gum Crisis

Cannibal Clown
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:40 AM
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Escaflowne
Outlaw Star
Birdy the mighty.

I haven't seen any of the Mangas of these series. But the mangas that I have seen are
DN-Angel
Conan
Star Ocean
And a few others. I didn't think they were too good. Eccept for DNAngel, which was really cool. But it was hard, because I don't know a lot of japanese and I didn't have any translations so I had to translate them myself.

Very tedious work.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Escaflowne
Outlaw Star
Birdy the mighty.

I haven't seen any of the Mangas of these series. But the mangas that I have seen are
DN-Angel
Conan
Star Ocean
And a few others. I didn't think they were too good. Eccept for DNAngel, which was really cool. But it was hard, because I don't know a lot of japanese and I didn't have any translations so I had to translate them myself.

Very tedious work.

What the heck is Birdy the mighty?Sounds pretty wack to me

IcyMourdor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:09 PM
Actually, it sounds pretty cool. CC was talking to me about it. He said it was only one movie with four parts.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:13 PM
Give me a description of the series or movie or whatever it is

IcyMourdor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:16 PM
CC didn't tell me much. I think mechs are involved in it though. Not too sure.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:23 PM
Hay if it has mechs it should be pretty good