PDA

View Full Version : Guns and Big Metal Doors!

kupoartist
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Been a long while since I posted somthing new... been a long time since I made anything worth showing off for one :laugh: ( www.kupoartist.tk may have a few things you haven't seen... just be aware that they're not so great anyway)

uhmm... anyway, on with the pictureage: here is a girl, holding two guns and standing about a bit. Boy do I make my work sound exciting! anyways... if you now feel inspired to check it out (by my thrilling and lengthy introduction), click the link below.

Just don't click it too enthusiatically. it might break :O !!!

< click here if you like strawberries > (http://mysite.freeserve.com/kupoartist/images/abyssarti.jpg)

(well what do you know... dreamweaver has screwed with my site's links. AGAIN)

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Ah, that's really nice! Luv the colors! The girl looks confused though: maybe she doesn't know how to use a gun? :laugh:

Is she a random character, your personal creation or what? Looks lovely, anyway, with the Relmish bandana :)

blindman
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:05 PM
)Originally posted by Hylas

The girl looks confused though: maybe she doesn't know how to use a gun? :laugh:

I like the picture, you can do something i dont (and thats draw a good backround for my pictures:roll: )
Its really amazing! but i got to go with what Hylas said.

Carlito
Jun 20th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Cool! Very good work on the background too!

kupoartist
Jun 20th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Hylas
Ah, that's really nice! Luv the colors! The girl looks confused though: maybe she doesn't know how to use a gun? :laugh:

Is she a random character, your personal creation or what? Looks lovely, anyway, with the Relmish bandana :)
its no secret that i'm not very good at drawing faces, so I simplified this one a fair bit... trouble is, I drew her mouth as a short line, but now that its resized its simply a dot, which makes it look like her mouth is hanging open. whoops.

Random Character, yes. However I do have this strange habit of giving a lot of my characters something "relm" patterned (the hat is a bit too big now, so I usually stick with the bandana)... its kind of a way of showing that my pictures are mine. Or at least that I have a stupid habit that must be inserted in most of my pictures ^_^.

And thanks for the comments on the background! I'm usually stuck for things to draw, but this seemed to make sense. And I really like the way the shadows worked... even if they're probably completely out of place, they look pretty nice :)

Gadzoox
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:32 PM
Nice! Your colouring never ceases to amaze me! What program do you use? Looks great!

LOVE the background!
And the colour choice is really... calming or something. I like it because it kinda tells a story, like we are in this ship and we opened a door and she was just about to open it but from the other side, and was suprised to see someone on the other side! That's my story for it anyways. :)

Random characters R00LE!

Keep it up girly girl! :D

PS> Nice site!! ;)

Rei
Jun 21st, 2003, 06:56 AM
Lights and shadows are great and colors too! I like a lot the girl's expression, even if you said it's not 100% intentional :right:

kupoartist
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Gadzoox
Nice! Your colouring never ceases to amaze me! What program do you use? Looks great!

LOVE the background!
And the colour choice is really... calming or something. I like it because it kinda tells a story, like we are in this ship and we opened a door and she was just about to open it but from the other side, and was suprised to see someone on the other side! That's my story for it anyways. :)
Photoshop 7, with many, many layers, mostly set to "Multiply". Its also probably worth mentioning that the outline is pencil, and that I didn't make any effort to compensate for the blurring and overall dirty appearence of the scan. Strangely, as stupid as that was, it probably made it look better (softer perhaps?) :laugh:

Nice try with the story ^_^ I was thinking of it more like a futuristic sports event, where the doors have opened to let the players on to the "pitch"... but then I forgot to add any silohouted shapes in the background which would represent the rest of the "team". I'll stop complaining though ^_^

Meiko
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:26 AM
Very cool colours! I admire your talent in coloring so well! Looks like the bg was difficult to make though!

Pu the Owl
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Everybody said it better: the colors are fantastic as usual, especially on the background, which is really cool for the hi-tech details! And the girl's expression, even if not intentional is sweet! Plus, her clothing style seems really complex!

MakgSnake
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Yeah, everything in the pics is very nicely done. You are very good Artist, too good infact. Makes me look soo taad! Seriously..... the background shadow of the character is nice, and ooh the headset....... very nice!