PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 2 why did it screw up Dante's reputation

Grayfox
Jun 13th, 2003, 03:31 PM
hey all, why do game magazines say that DMC2 screw up Dante's reputation becuse he was one of the coolest game heros of all time and DMC2 messed it up

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 13th, 2003, 11:13 PM
I think these mags say this because a lot of people didn't like the game. I'm not sure if I answered your question or not. Personally I haven't played the second DMC yet so I don't really have an opinion.

Nelo Angelo
Jun 14th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Because people expected it to be better than the first one.

Vic Viper
Jun 14th, 2003, 07:56 PM
also the team that made DMC didnt work on the sequel, completely new team work on DMC2:mad:

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 15th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Does anyone recomend this game? I mean is it worth a rental or is it just not as cool as the first DMC? Like I said I haven't played it but haven't really had the urge to either.

Vic Viper
Jun 15th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

Does anyone recomend this game? I mean is it worth a rental or is it just not as cool as the first DMC? Like I said I haven't played it but haven't really had the urge to either.

yes give it a shot, go rent it, cause imo it isnt really as bad as people say it was. i actually enjoyed playing it.:cool:

omni vengeance
Jun 15th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

Yes. Rent it. Buy it. It's good. It's good.

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 15th, 2003, 10:36 PM
originally posted by omni vengence

Yes. Rent it. Buy it. It's good. It's good.

Thanks man

omni vengeance
Jun 16th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Don't mention it.

MakgSnake
Jun 16th, 2003, 08:06 PM
I have it, bought it the day it came out. I really like it. Its fun......just that "I DO AGREE" Dante is not what he was. He is actually speechless in the game. He doesn't SAY A WORD!!!! His corny lines were the best thing in the previous game. I dont know why they did that.

The over all game rules......just Dante...he bugs me now.....because he is not suppose to be SOO FREAKING QUITE. Like a shy boy.

omni vengeance
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:01 PM
He says some stuff:

HMPH
ARGH
HURG
Crap like that doesn't interest me.
You knew him?
Show time.
If it's heads....
If it's tails...

And that's about all he says.

Redpyramidhead
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:42 AM
He's too cool to talk, man:laugh:

Actually, no that's not it.

I think the reason they say it ruined his image (or any other similar comments) is because with the release of the first DMC, a very potentially interesting character was created in some minds (others argue his design and attitude ripped off already made up characters, though.) The point is, with a sequel (whoever had the chance to develop it,) they had a big chance to add a lot of depth to Dante's character. Well they blew their chance. They added no story to him, whatsoever. Sure, he's cool looking, but that's about it. OF course, this is my theory, anywayz... :peoples:

_RED_ stuff

BlackThornn
Jun 20th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Think you touched on something there, Red. They crafted a badass in the first game, I think a lot of people were looking to see a little more depth of character TO that badass in teh second. ..and.. well.. they didn't get it.

That and the game itself didn't make any real signifigant leaps and bounds over the first, as quality sequels are wont to do.

omni vengeance
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:01 PM
Actually, I think it's because they were wanting for the badass to come back exactly the same, but because he was slightly, yet significantly different, they shunned him of for...dun-dun-dun....Hotsuma, just because he could slice things in half >_<.

blindman
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:32 PM
Well, i dont think anything ruined Dante IMO. Capcom was experimenting, you gotta call them smart for that. DMC (if theres going to be one) is going be cool, i know this...unless the movie is released after and its a bad mix of crap and fish....then that would ruin the DMC3s reputation. But thats thinking WAY ahead.

Reid
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:27 PM
It was a while since I played the first one, but after getting into Devil May Cry 2 I didn't think it was too bad.

Also, I didn't think that Dante's image was really ruined very much, seeing as how I didn't think he was very impressive in the first one either.

The camp value was still very much there, though. When Dante flipped a coin for his decision and the dialogue surrounding that . . . it very much had the flavour of the first game.

omni vengeance
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Yeah, but in the first one he was all cocky and made bad-ass remarks all the time.

Gadzoox
Jul 14th, 2003, 01:50 PM
I agree with Red here. I know I am kind of disappointed in the game, and I'm glad I only rented it. I guess I was expecting more of a story line, more about Dante.

I shouldn't say too much right now because I've only played it for an hour or so... I'm just praying it gets better soon.

So far though, I find it exactly like the first one, graphics and all.

dan da man
Jul 14th, 2003, 03:20 PM
I dont think DMC 2 screwed up Dante reputation, the game was just a let down to all the hype, so in the end, bad game, Dante still a very cool video game character.