PDA

View Full Version : May i ask?

blindman
Jun 8th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Hey there. If anyone here has played any of the Resident evil games (and i know there are a lot of you out there) i just wanted to know....have you ever stopped playing the game and feeled a bit different? like if something is there or something? or maybe your peace of mind is kinda different and a bit, well you know...different.
I just wanted to know, because i just bought Resident Evil 3 nemesis and im kinda, well its a cool name, i had doubts because of the cover, the disc art is creppy too...i know it was purposely.
I just wanted to know how you got over it, it may be normal or whatever, just need conforting.
Sounded like a carebear? please dont remind me.

DSgamer
Jun 8th, 2003, 08:42 PM
the 1st time i played a Resident Evil game i was scared (i was young) specially in that part when u encounter the 1st zombie in RE1, umm, there is nothing you can do to feel the same way as b4, u hafta wait a while till u get used 2 it

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 9th, 2003, 08:55 AM
the only RE game the creeped me out was RE the first but that was a long time ago. All the other's just didn't have the feel of the first. The original Silent Hill now that game was freaky. I can still remember playing that game in the middle of the night trying to make it through the school......very intense.

Redpyramidhead
Jun 9th, 2003, 10:08 AM
I love games like that. They are the ones with the most lasting impressions. Something tells me SH3 will blow my mind.

Yeah that first zombie encounter in RE 1...you just dont go back to the way you were about video games after that...:laugh:

_RED_ stuff

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Exactly what Red said. That first encounter... Its just - well I wont tell you because most people will have experienced it and if you havent I reccomend you do somehow. But waht I think is that after the original RE the series just seemed to go downhill. I mean I did not like RE0 for the GC when I borrowed the system and games off my friend when he went on holiday for 2 weeks.

Now we reach the point of Silent Hill. Now then the first game in the series was the scariest and it owned at the point of its release. SH2 wasnt as scary but it did the damage. But considering the work that Kojima has been doing in games recently it looks like it will own for a while. I mean literally - OWN!!:ghost:

blindman
Jun 9th, 2003, 08:21 PM
I Played the original RE, and my first zombie encounter in that game wasnt as bad as it was on RE2.
Well, probably because i played RE2 sometime before i played RE.
I own RE3, and the little experience i had with RE and RE2 are kina mixed together.
Well, at the point where i had to fight the Licker in RE2 and the point where i played the living legend Nemesis in RE3 are unbeatable experiences.
I think RE2 scared me the most of all in the series.

Nelo Angelo
Jun 9th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Aye, RE2 scared the living hell out of me.

I hated it when the zombies just came out of doors when you try to go in.

But I haven't really beaten any of them because I don't own any. I just watch my cousin and a friend of mine beat some RE games.

I'm only interested in the game's story, I don't care about anything else.

omni vengeance
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:25 PM
resident evil was kinda weak...i mean come on a game has to at least have good graphics to be scary...however, i love the RE series and i will never stop loving it ((huggles))

Zephyr
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Sorry, omni. I just dont think that graphics are abslutley everything. I mean you could have a game like Silent Hill2 and play it using N64 graphics - and it still would scare people just as well. All youre saying is that you need PS2 graphics to be scared.

However - I staill say RE was better on that first encounter.

dan da man
Jun 12th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Blindman

I Played the original RE, and my first zombie encounter in that game wasnt as bad as it was on RE2.

Nah, RE first encounter is the most scary, no one has ever exprecined that in video gameing before, of cousre you played RE2 before, but they just come stright at you at the beggining. Zephyr sometimes I puase it and think what is the point of playing this shit, but its only a video game and I have a laugh.

blindman
Jun 12th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

Nah, RE first encounter is the most scary, no one has ever exprecined that in video gameing before, of cousre you played RE2 before, but they just come stright at you at the beggining.

Uh...they pop at you when youre just walking around. Same can be said about RE3.
I just bought RE1, that completes my collection (RE1, RE2 RE3: nemesis) continuing the story.
Yeah...I actually did play RE1 before, it just wasnt scary...or so i thought, i mean i played it for too little anyway. RE2 was just hybrid, thats why i found it disturbing.
Nothing says "horror" like the cover or RE3 though (that nemesis dude is seriously disturbing).

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:05 PM
originally posted by Blindman

Nothing says "horror" like the cover or RE3 though (that nemesis dude is seriously disturbing).

Nemesis is by far the best villian in the RE games so far IMO. The only other that could possibly match him would be the Tyrant from the original RE. I wish you would learn more about Nemesis in #3 than what they give you.

blindman
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:12 PM
I've heard of the Tyrant before....but how does he look like? Seriously, i have no idea.
Well, yeah i didnt beat the game yet (RE3) but for what i know, i think capcom just put him there to add some haunting atmosphere in the game...just imagine, some dude calling the name of whatever special forces everytime you meet him every five seconds.
Ugh...scary.
Somebody give me detail on the Tyrant please.

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 15th, 2003, 12:33 PM
originally posted by Blindman

Somebody give me detail on the Tyrant please.

The Tyrant like I said was the last guy/monster of the first RE game. He was very tall and he could almost pass as human(or at least looked the most humanoid for most RE monsters excluding zombies). Anyway one of his hands was basicall a claw like weapon which he eventually uses to killWesker who ironically let the Tyrant out of it's test tube

Hopefully that gives you at least a little idea of what this beast looks like. I suggest searching the net for some pics.

dan da man
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Blindman

Uh...they pop at you when youre just walking around. Same can be said about RE3.
I just bought RE1, that completes my collection (RE1, RE2 RE3: nemesis) continuing the story.
Yeah...I actually did play RE1 before, it just wasnt scary...or so i thought, i mean i played it for too little anyway. RE2 was just hybrid, thats why i found it disturbing.

UH No, when you start (RE2) when the lorry crashed, the zombies just come straight at you, and you just run around them, how disturbing is that, not very.

Face it the RE1 is the best for first zombie aperance, no one knows what to expect, in RE2 loads come stright away.

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 15th, 2003, 10:49 PM
I think the first RE was the scariest of them all. When I first started playing that I was so jumpy. Afther the first though the RE series didn't feel like survival horror to me anymore. Their was a lot more ammunition and herbs and things in the sequels. Nothing will beat the first game when it's you and a some zombies in a hallway, your health is in the caution and you only have 5 shots for your handgun...........pure survival horror.

blindman
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:39 PM
Yeah, RE 1 was cool at its time...but gotta remmeber, when games age, they age well and fast.
I still think that RE 0 is the greatest of them all...that i dont own i mean. The RE that i loved the most and still do (because i own it) is RE3.