PDA

View Full Version : MGS Series Story Questions/Holes? - Major Spoilers!!!

Zanku
Jun 7th, 2003, 08:35 AM
Thought we could discuss all the holes that people find in the MGS storyline...OR things that you dont understand in the storyline. I find myself asking odd questions over at different threads, which are off topic i guess...So thought i should start this thread.

Okay, i am not sure if all questions and answers should be marked as spoilers, or just post openly? Thread topic states Major Spoilers for the story, MakgSnake what do you think? In the mean time heres a question.

Did Snake ever meet the Colonel? I never understood hat part of MGS2, when it turned out Campbell is a computer program, things got confusing! Was he ever a real person??

dan da man
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:02 AM
*********Could be a spoiler*********

Zanku he was never a real person, like I said let makg or someone else do the full explaining becuase he's the one who told me about it.

mark0™
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Dan use the spoiler tags.

I reckon Snake met the Colonel at least once while he was in Fox-Hound he must have met him, besides I doubt the technology existed then. But Raiden has never met the Colonel, I'm pretty sure of that. Remember the S3 Plan (is that the right name?) was meant to re-create Shadow Moses, as close as possible to train potential Snakes. So Raiden "passed" and he's probably going to work aside Snake against the Patriots.

I know more dodgy issues in MGs but cant remember totally, goto go get ready for the pub :ghost:

merylsilverburg
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by mark0™

Dan use the spoiler tags.

I reckon Snake met the Colonel at least once while he was in Fox-Hound he must have met him, besides I doubt the technology existed then. But Raiden has never met the Colonel, I'm pretty sure of that. Remember the S3 Plan (is that the right name?) was meant to re-create Shadow Moses, as close as possible to train potential Snakes. So Raiden "passed" and he's probably going to work aside Snake against the Patriots.

Yes, that's what I got too and also from an explaination from Makg. And I think: (Just in case anyone is wondering)

Rose is a real person too, but in order for Raiden to complete the training, they had to include her to give him "support".

At least, that's what I got from the game. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. :heh:

Zephyr
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:32 PM
OK I have a question but I bet I just missed the answer somewhere in the game:

What happened to Metal Gear RAY after Ocelot stole it and said he would meet at the arranged time and then used the term "Mr President".

dan da man
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

OK I have a question but I bet I just missed the answer somewhere in the game:

What happened to Metal Gear RAY after Ocelot stole it and said he would meet at the arranged time and then used the term "Mr President".

On the tanker epsidoe or plant epsiode? Then I can answer the question.

Forgot to use the spoiler option, sorry.

Zephyr
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:51 PM
At the very end of the tanker episode with the FMV Ocelot stole Metal Gear RAY off the Marines and when swimming through the water he said he owuld meet as arranged to a certain "Mr President!"

dan da man
Jun 7th, 2003, 05:08 PM
I think that is President Johnson. Becuase he was a coperating with Ocelot and his group, (damn I forgot there name) at the time., that is something I dont understand too good point. (or havent played MGS2 in along time)

Zephyr
Jun 7th, 2003, 05:25 PM
OK well thanks for the help anyways. :)

Dark Angel
Jun 7th, 2003, 05:45 PM
the S3 plan wasn't to create soldiers like Solid Snake, it was to be used by the Patriots to control will and consciousness

MakgSnake
Jun 7th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Zephyr, ...... about your question.
That is Solidus he is talking to, because Tanker chapter took place 2 years before the PLANT chapter, and Solidus A.KA Goerge Sears was the president at that time. He was taken down as the president by the patriots after that, because he arranged the Shadow Mosses incident without The Patriots supervision. And Solidus knew that he'll be taken down soon.

As for Colonel Colonel, Also Known as Roy Cambell is a real person, he is Solid Snake's really good friend. Snake has worked with Roy for more then 10 years. But Colonel in MGS2 wasn't real. I believe the real colonel didn't even know that a program that looks like him is being run by The Patriots. I dont know how will he react in real when he finds out. I hope they show something in MGS3.

And the S3 Dark Angel is very right about that....also to re-create something that has happened before. They wanted to see if that is a possibility or not.

Zanku
Jun 8th, 2003, 06:11 AM
Thanks MakgSnake!

Is Gray Fox definately dead then? Are those Ninja suits from FOXHOUND or some place else?
Lol i should know this...but im getting confused :roll:

dan da man
Jun 8th, 2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Zephyr, ...... about your question.
That is Solidus he is talking to, because Tanker chapter took place 2 years before the PLANT chapter, and Solidus A.KA Goerge Sears was the president at that time. He was taken down as the president by the patriots after that, because he arranged the Shadow Mosses incident without The Patriots supervision. And Solidus knew that he'll be taken down soon.

Of course, thanks for that, and he's the man who made vamp, fortune and fatman. Damn MG just has the best story lines ever.

mark0™
Jun 8th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Rose is a real person too, but in order for Raiden to complete the training, they had to include her to give him "support".

At least, that's what I got from the game. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. :heh:

Well, Rose was in person at the ending video wasn't she? So she is a real person lol :roll: But, How did the AI know all those details, e.g. When Raiden and Rose first met.

MakgSnake
Jun 8th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Zanku, about that Ninja question.. Ninja also known as Grey Fox died in Zanzibar, and Snake is the person who killed him. But after doing experiments on him, he turned out be a Cyber Ninja. In the end of MGS1, he was crushed by Liquid (through Metal Gear Rex). But if you real the book written by Meryl, which can be read in MGS2. You will find that Niomi Hunter was sent to jail for acting as a spy (injecting Snake with FoxDie). BUT, at the end of the book, it says that Niami is recused from the jail by an unknown person, and it impliments that "there is only one person who can sneak in through the tight security and rescue Miss Hunter, and only one person would wanna take this risk". That is HER BROTHER "Grey Fox" --> Ninja. Which means that Ninja is still alive.

Mark...about Rose..Just like everything was fed into Colonel's AI, just like that every information (Data) was stored into Rose's AI.

mark0™
Jun 9th, 2003, 07:51 AM
But how did the AI get all the info? Surely it would have to do something like upload itself into her mind or something to make it seem more believable.

Yeah Grey Fox is still kicking about somewhere, how can he die, he's already dead. Vamp will probably be back but I don't really like him as a character.

But I think the MG storyline is pushine near ridiculous e.g. Vampires, Severed Hands controlling peoples minds lol. Hope they tone it down a little in the next MG's to make the storylines a little more believable.

MakgSnake
Jun 9th, 2003, 08:53 AM
AI is a program, and it can think by itself. Rose was working with the Patriots for more then 2 years, since the Tanker Chapter. When Raiden went on a mission.........they must have created that program to guide him. And didn't want the real rose to be there. But as AI was real Rose's mind put into it, the AI started acting like how the REAL Rose would. Rose was in love with Raiden.

mark0™
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Yeah I know all that, but how can the AI know all those details to fool Raiden, it must have to read Rose's mind or something, becuase I doubt the AI was just guessing. And Rose would have to be a hell of a gossip if all the info was keyed in .:laugh: Hope you know what I mean by that.

dan da man
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by mark0™

Yeah I know all that, but how can the AI know all those details to fool Raiden, it must have to read Rose's mind or something, becuase I doubt the AI was just guessing. And Rose would have to be a hell of a gossip if all the info was keyed in .:laugh: Hope you know what I mean by that.

Exactly, the AI programme would of not known everys single detail, otherwise it must of been reading Rose's mind at the time.

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Unlike the Colnel did Rose actually know an A.I. model of her was built then or was she oblivious to that fact too?

Zanku
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Zanku, about that Ninja question.. Ninja also known as Grey Fox died in Zanzibar, and Snake is the person who killed him. But after doing experiments on him, he turned out be a Cyber Ninja. In the end of MGS1, he was crushed by Liquid (through Metal Gear Rex). But if you real the book written by Meryl, which can be read in MGS2. You will find that Niomi Hunter was sent to jail for acting as a spy (injecting Snake with FoxDie). BUT, at the end of the book, it says that Niami is recused from the jail by an unknown person, and it impliments that "there is only one person who can sneak in through the tight security and rescue Miss Hunter, and only one person would wanna take this risk". That is HER BROTHER "Grey Fox" --> Ninja. Which means that Ninja is still alive.
Excellent...but what do you mean "book" by Meryl? What book is that? Is the Ninja in MGS2 the same as MGS1? Does anything at all bad happen to him (if it is Grey Fox) in MGS2? I cant remember... I am near the end of it right now those, but i thought the Ninja had a Russian accent... :peoples: Grey Fox is the best... except i always didnt want to love the character too much because of what happened in MGS1... :( Maybe we will see Grey Fox again...in MGS3?
Maybe Gray Fox survived, was he wearing a Skull Suit??

What i dont understand, is why Ocelot would go to all the trouble of digging up Liquids arm, because in MGS 1, when Gray Fox slices it off, Ocelot picks it up and runs away with it...

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Zanku, please use the spoiler tags. :)

No the ninja in MGS2 is actually the Russina commanders daughter from the first chapter in the game. (Dang I forgot the name) She had had a baby and it was taken away by the patriots. Hope this helps...

Zanku
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Zanku, please use the spoiler tags. :)
Where...Why? :disturb:

And do you mean Olga...wtf? Dunno where you got that from... I thought she didnt know what kind of Suit that was...and anyway, he told Raiden to call him Deepthroat, so it has to be someone who is either Gray Fox himself, or someone who knows alot about Shadow Moses...

mark0™
Jun 9th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Zanku, Olga is the ninja! Haven't you completed MGS2? Grey Fox has no appearance at all in MGS2. An the Book by Meryl was available in the the menu somewhere.

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Excellent...but what do you mean "book" by Meryl? What book is that? Is the Ninja in MGS2 the same as MGS1? Does anything at all bad happen to him (if it is Grey Fox) in MGS2? I cant remember... I am near the end of it right now those, but i thought the Ninja had a Russian accent... Grey Fox is the best... except i always didnt want to love the character too much because of what happened in MGS1... Maybe we will see Grey Fox again...in MGS3?

There. Youre giving away bits of the story and also telling us about the ninja. Spoliers should be sued for that. Period.

I coldnt actualy find that book in the menu?!? Which bit of the menu is ti at?

Zanku
Jun 9th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Maybe my game is different then? I swear Raiden goes to shoot Olga, then the Ninja gives you the mobile phone...

What did i give away?

I should get sued for spoiling nothing? If you mean the accent thing, that has no bearing on nothing to someone who hasn't played the game...

Spammers should be sued. Period.

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:25 PM
OK can we please not fight over this.

1 - You gave away the fact that there was a Ninja in MGS1 (yes I know most of us know but there are still some peope who didnt know that.

2 - You talked about the ninja in MGS2 having a russian accent - come on people dont need to know that without using the spoiler tags.

3 - You said that Grey Fox existed (Point 1 for reasoning.

Finally I would just like to say that there were two spelling mistakes in my previous post (one which misled you) here is the proper sentence without mistakes.

'Spoilers should be used for that. Period.'

TtTackler
Jun 9th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Zanku, the ninja in MGS2 IS Olga. I'm assuming you didn't beat the game yet, so just play the rest and you'll find out.

dan da man
Jun 9th, 2003, 05:38 PM
OMG! use spoiler tags, this thread just spoils most of the MG series.:laugh:

Zephyr
Jun 10th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Well tey are there to be used for a reason dan. I know it says that spoilers are in it for the toic tghread but some people might found out information that they dont wish to know yet.

Zanku
Jun 10th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Anyway, enough spam Zephyr.

I completed MGS2 when it first came out, i borrowed it, and have only just brought it again.

I swear my game is different this time though... :disturb: When i first played, i can swear when Vamp is on the bridge with Fortune he gets a bullet in the head...But when i played in the past week, that didnt happen at all.

Similarly, when i completed it, at the end two real-life actors posing as Raiden and Rose (didn't see their faces. but you knew it was Raiden because under the baseball cap was his white hair poking out) talked, and then walked off... :disturb:

ps/ Zephyr no need to spam a reply saying i didnt use spoiler tags, we are on Page Two and Three now, so if someone really didnt want to spoil the game, i dont know why they would venture to page Three, of a thread that says it has spoilers in...

pss/ Zephyr get rid of that sig picture, its too big...and isn't exactly fantastic :disturb:

psss/ im stressed...

Zephyr
Jun 10th, 2003, 03:41 PM
No zanku, Vamp gets a bullet in the head after you fight fortune in Strut A - Shell 1

Ps I dont see how size matters considering it isnt a very big file. its only 23k. Plus I dont see how yours is any better.

Zanku
Jun 10th, 2003, 03:53 PM
So what about the size? If i had a blank white gif that took up the whole screen, ur saying you wouldnt complain? But its all fine because the filesize is small...

So what if Vamp gets a bullet in the head after you fight fortune in Strut A - Shell 1, like i said it happened differently when i played it first time around.

Zephyr
Jun 10th, 2003, 03:57 PM
What is your problem man? God, take a chill pill.

I only said that was where Vamp got shot. Maybe you did see it differently first time round.

But on the bridge all he does is walk off with the president, a briefcase and says "queen" to Fortune.

Dont bit peoples heads off for information.

Zanku
Jun 10th, 2003, 04:05 PM
No, you just added that little segment so you could make another post, oooh watch Zephyr, he can fill the whole Forum with his name...wow, really...i am amazed :disturb:
If you read my post, you wouldnt have posted what happens to Vamp, i know the usual scenario with Vamp and Fortune...

dan da man
Jun 11th, 2003, 01:13 PM

Well tey are there to be used for a reason dan. I know it says that spoilers are in it for the toic tghread but some people might found out information that they dont wish to know yet.

Zephyr dont question me, I was just putting out a fact, and like Zanku said stop spamming, I mean 223 posts, and you've only been here less than 11 days!

Zephyr
Jun 11th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Oh for goodness sake... Im not going to argue - ayways back onto the topic...

Why does Fortune never actually get hit in the game... is it really becasue she uses some sort of magic??

dan da man
Jun 11th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Nope there is no need to argue, just a good will warning.;)

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY FORTUNE CANT BE HIT? YOU COULD BE SPOILING THE ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER.

Zephyr
Jun 11th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Yes im sure... its ages sine I played it and I only restarted this month so im only a bit into the game i remember now its not magic... I agree, however, it is one of the best games.

dan da man
Jun 11th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Okay it is a little gismo the patriots made, so no bullet can hit her, like Ocelot has one in the tanker chapter, but at the end, Fortune did really use her special powers, sorry I didnt know you have played the game before, thats was what with all the warnings.

Zephyr
Jun 11th, 2003, 02:52 PM
OK thanks for the info dan. :)