PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop 7.0 help.

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:50 PM
I need to know. How do i get a picture, cut out a piece and add it to another NEW opened file. For example, i go to FILE and i open a picture saved in my hardrive. The picture appears, then...i minimize it, and then i choose NEW so i can open a blank document. I go to the Polygonal Lasso tool so i can surround the part of the picture i want. When i have surrounded, i go to the MOVE TOOl so i can select the portion. I drag it all the way to the blank document. The picture appears BLACK AND WHITE.
But why? i mean, Vic did this signature for me, but i dont think it was photoshop, but he did it for me and he added 2 pictures together, plus a backround, and the pictures are perfect, they are perfect colored and they are nice and normal and smooth looking. But i cant get that effect from Photoshop, i keep draggin and looking at the options. I need help.
How do i make a signature out of photoshop...like how do i take pictures, cut them and then add them to a backround?

Carlito
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:54 PM
If I got what your problem is, this is what you have to do: after selecting the area with the lasso tool, go to "edit ---> copy" then open the new document and go to "edit ---> paste". If you have a multi-layered image to copy into a new document, after selecting, instead of choosing "copy", choose "copy merged".

Hope this helps.

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:55 PM
I'll try it. Thanks bud.

Carlito
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Other thing is: if the image you copy is black and white, it could be that you opened a non-RGB document. If so, just go to "image ---> mode ---> RGB color". To work with layers, you always have to select the RGB mode.

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:33 PM
I just found that out as i explored around. Thanks. Its cool, photoshop has all these different options.
Very nice graphics place, but really confusing too.