PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Frame/Project Zero: Too difficult! *spoilers inside*

Meiko
Jun 4th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Hi all, I'm new to these forums.

I need to know something about a game I'm playing at this moment: Project Zero (aka Fatal Frame). I've noticed that during the first and second night the game, apart from some isolated cases, is pretty simple and I had no problems reaching the final part of the second night. But from the boss fight with the researcher and the blinded ghost (I found both bosses to be very hard, probably because I only had type 14 film for these fights), and with the opening of Hell's Gates, the difficulty increases! I have few powerful films and not many points to upgrade my camera, so I always get killed by the ghosts of the third night... I don't know what I can do, because the ghosts are everywhere, especially in rooms with items and I can't grab them and run away because Miku is too slow! I've seen there's a ghost in particular that can also cast some sort of magic attacks that are impossible to avoid. I got no medicines as well, because this game is pretty mean when it comes to useful items.

I need help: what should I do? Should I start the game again to collect points and not use powerful films or is it normal that the game is so difficult from the end of second night on? Is night four even more difficult than night three? If so, I have no chances to beat this game...

goodman
Jun 4th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Try making it into the final night because you will get plenty of the higher quality film to beat the final boss with. Just try and get to the final night area, and you will be fine, trust me... I have beaten the game six times and although i restarted a few times because there was something i wanted to find, i was able to find almost every ghost and get most of the camera features. I think that really answers your question, but if you still have a question i can try and help. GameFaqs is a good source of info for Fatal Frame, also...

Meiko
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Thanks goodman. See, the problem is that I cannot easily escape ghosts and go on with the game. I cannot beat the master of Himuro family either, because he's too strong for me. That's why I'm worried. I tried to read guides, but they are too generic with their suggestions on strategies. They just say "Run!" or "Beat the boss", but this is something I knew already!

Aren't type 90 films in night three? I can't seem to find them...

goodman
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Yeah there is a tough boss, i think i know the one you refer to. Yes, there is higher grade film, but its never plentiful in the game until the fourth night. All else i can suggest is scour every area that you possibly can, of course there will be some ghost battles you dont really want, but try and escape them when you can, and look for an area you havent found yet. It took playing through the game a few times to really get good at fighting with the camera, until i got to the point where i looked forward to ghosts attacking me because i wanted the challenge of seeing how high a score i could get on a flash, it became quite fun, really. Game can get tough, but its well worth the trouble, Fatal Frame for ps2 is one of my favorite ps2 games, for sure, its right up there with Shadow Hearts for top game... If you feel you may have to restart, dont fret, because if you get to liking the game like i did you will want to replay it anyways...