PDA

View Full Version : Tounge of Angels (I need expirience writing, anyone has some tips? please send).

blindman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:55 PM
The story is about a man (named Dario) who had lost his wife in the same car accident in their wedding day. Now, he has a troubled life having trouble copin and grieving. He hears an angel telling him hints about what death is like. These hints help him feel closer to his wife while at the same time, he writes poems about what death can do to others and what death is itself.
Sorry if the setting is a bit unusual and if my writing is not par to the books we are all used to read but, i try to get my point across. The story may be a bit fictional but i thought writing it here in this site...maybe some would enjoy. maybe some would recommend me to read more books but, i hope the story is ok, at least you get what im writing, thats what i hope for.

Now, lets begin.

Chapter ONE :What i've become

12 o'clock at night. In Darios watch, it was five minutes ahead.
The street lights shined on the paved ground while the rain poured down on the street. The phone booth was already occupied, Dario was having trouble with the hard rain on his hair. I should had brought an umbrella he thought to himself. His steps where wet, his shoes soaked, making a sound like "rubber" on the wet ground. His shoes semmed to be heavier than before, his socks wet, his face pale and eyes red while he remember how much the rain reminded him of when he was a kid. Mother, Mother! he heard in the backround; mother, mother he wishpered afterwards. The rain! its so nice! i want to feel it this time mother - i miss the rain! but his mother wouldnt let the kid run out of the house and feel the rain once again, Dario darling, you'll get too sick. You do remember the last time you ran you and ran around the yard while it rained dont you?. An echo followed what it sounded like a woman with a grumpy accent.
Dario teared up a bit, he was used to that now. But the rain washed that one tear from his right eye like life took his love away.

What it looked like a black jacket seemed, dark green thanks to the shining lights that stuttered as the rain poured harder. The color was washint away; knowing this Dario took his jacket and placed it over his dark brown hair, but what was the use now? if he was so wet it seemed like he had fell from the oceanside into the water?
But he didnt mind...he had already forgotten where his apartment was. "Oh yeah" He wishpers with a light of exitement and a smile on his face, "I forgot to give Sheryl her present". Sheryl has been his very best friend for the longest time. She was about 5'7 feet tall, short black hair and love leather. Sheryl reminded Dario of how much hope there was in the world. But she never came up to Dario to ask him out, they never wanted to...they thought they would had ruined their relationship that way so they kept it clean.
The present was that one stuffed toy squirrel she always wanted. It looked like the pet she lost when her house burned when she was just 6 years old. Father got badly burn while all that happened, lost his hands and his left leg. Dario puts back his black jacket over his soaked white shirt that looked creamed colored now. "The bar shouldnt be so far off from here".
Actually it was closer than what he thought, just across the street. He was already standing at the other side of the street; he softly passed his right hand through his wet hair. He tilts his head up and blinks a bit before noticing the rain was almost completely gone.

Each step he took seemed a bit heavier than the other one. He need a new pair of shoes for the night, but he still wanted to make his way across the street to the bar so he can hand the present to Sheryl.
Walking seemed the hardest thing besides keeping his balance, but he still didnt give up in his way to the bar.
He stands right infront of the door, maybe he should just wait till tomorrow...maybe not, maybe he knows how much Sheryl would want the present. But then again, it was a surprise so why give it to her like, as if she asked for it yesterday?
He didnt want to think it like that, he just wanted to hand it to her.
He opens the door of the bar, its nearly empty, with 5 or 6 people sitting on the tables. He looks around and sees no bartender, the orange lights on his face as he stared across the hall of the bar to the stained glass that he loved so much. It was one of the presents he had given her a long time ago so she would replace her broken house window after he broke it with a baseball.
"I thought the window would look better here" he remember she said.
Right after that moment, he took one step and stopped. Hearing the door closing slowly behind him, he didnt turn around but made his way forward.
"Dario, haven't seen you in awhile". He hears a woman call him from his right ear. He smiles expecting Sheryl to had welcomed him, but instead it was her little cousin, Maki. Dario continues the smile nonetheless, he lowers himself to talk to the 8 year old. "Sheryl said, if..if you passed by the bar and..and i noticed you, you can take a little drink of your favurite Tekaila". Dario smiles even more, then he giggles thinking how cute she sounded like when she mispronounced "Tequila". At that same time, he thought Sheryl was a bit uncareful telling Maki those words expecting her to know what it even means.
She looked cute as always, with her blond hair in a little ponytail, wearing a white top that clearly read "Sugar" in pink letters. He thought her "Nikey" shows where cute as well, a nice lighblue color for the stripes. "Maki, you look cute as always" he dared compliment, "I just wanted to give Sheryl a little present but she is not here right now, so i guess...." he stopped for a second. Took out his squirrel and looked at it for a little.

It doesnt look too much like the squirrel..., he knew exactly how the squirrel looked like- Sheryl had described it to him. "I thought i should give this to you Maki, for being so welcoming everytime i pass around here". Maki smiles and blushes. She hiccups, then smiles and covers her mouth with her cheeks red. "Thank you Dario, i wun't till Sheryl, Ukie?" she said while she went to the back of the bar. Dario wondered why she was here alone...then he sees somebody come throught the back door. Its Sheryl. From where Dario was standing, you coulnd't hear anything, so instead he watches them for awhile.
Sheryl pays her attention to Maki who pulls her pants to get her attention. Sheryl lowers and listens to what Maki has to say.
Maki takes the Squirrel and shows it to Sheryl. Sheryl smiles. From where Dario was, he wondered if her mouth synched with these words: Who gave that to you?, Maki synched I cannot tell, but it is for you.
Dario laughs quietly; Sheryl stands back up after tapping Makis head softly. She notices Dario, and forgets to smile, she wanst expeting him there. Dario smiles though, smiles as he heads out of the bar into the night. Sheryl smiles afterwards, while she places her purse down and goes to the nearest private washroom to blow her hair dry after all the rain. Her clothes wherent that wet, she knew they would dry up in awhile.

Dario had made it home, it was not raining anymore. He changes to dry clothes and grabs his pencil. While he opened his notebook, he wondered everything that had happened tonight.

Dear life: Today was a normal day, but the night took me by surprise. It rained so hard my hands where hurt.
Gravity seemed to had pulled my shoes down but it was the water the cause.
I needed some time to relax
so i took a long walk.
Getting lost in the city streets
the water poured on my clothes while i thought deep
"why am i here tonight?" till my answered came to life
i made it in Sheryls bar, and saw a smile in her cousins face.
Cute as always with her outfit she wears, i handed her the present that i thought she may like.
Instead of showing me her apreciation, she made it up with a smile
To the back she went and handed Sheryl the squirrel that was meant to be hers.
Maybe She didnt smile, but i did, hard to explain why life happens like this.
Dear life i dont know why...tonight i forgot about life.
--End.

Maybe that chapter wasnt so good. Ill write more chapter depending on the replies. If you have any suggestions, please tell me. Probably my story is a bit missing soemthing, or mabye its a bit dull and incomplete. I write lots of stories, but im not up to par since im more of an elementary student.
If you have any tips, please send them with your replies. Punctuation problems and all, please send whatever you have.
Thanks.

Meiko
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:15 PM
The story seems good so far. Yes, not easy to judge from one chapter. Reminds me of some movies about persons losing their loved ones. I like the the introspective feeling of it!
How many chapters of this do you have?

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the reply:phew:
Well, im used to writing very long stories, but i dont really want to tire people up that much with one story, so i'll try to make it as lengthy as people would like it to be. I dont only write/draw for myself:cool:
Yeah, as i wrote it i though "ok, people would think that this story is about ONE guy and all this happens and then he ends up happy bluh bluh bluh" i didnt want to write it like that, my stories have lots of twists, thats why they are long.
Well, i can start the second chapter anytime, as long as people reply to this story i'll be writing the next one probably tomorrow.
Thanks, i finally get a reply:)

Zephyr
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:35 PM
OK well I do have to say it does seem like the makings of a really good story. I hope to see more from what ive read - keep it up ;)

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Chapter 2 I don't wonder, i just guess.

The rain had left a beatiful sunshine on Darios balcony. Last thing he does is go outside, he doesnt want to waste the day. Instead...he pictures himself in the cold rain that was the previous day, and then he gives the day a second thought. "It's saturday...no clients. Should i pass by my office?" he mumbled. Dario was a dedicated lawyer, he has been for the past 10 years (he got married three years in his career), but the marriage loss has not yet ruined him, instead, it made him stronger in cases like rape, and even abuse of a family member. He found it shocking.
Just as he slowly puts his white shirt - with a "Quicksilver" logo on it- the phone rings. He had no caller I.D, it could had been a prank. A prank? at 10 am in the morning? nah.

He picks up the phone. "Hello?" he mumbled again, "Dario my man! you ok dude!?". That voice, that loud manly voice hurt his ears so early in the morning. It must have been Kennedy his bud from work; also a layer. "Ken?" Dario replied unsurprised. "Dude... you dont have to ask who it is! just say SUP!!!!...and i mean that with lots of energy, so people would like to talk to you man?" "I'm surprised anyone talks to you, seeing all you say is DUDE and yell it at 10 am in the morning" Dario smiles, a friendly smile and then his eyes grow. "Haha, you are as fragile as i left you" "what time did you wake up anyway?" "somewhere around 7 am...tired of sleeping man, pluss my bladder couldnt take anylonger so i had to run to the bathroom" "not forgetting your bathroom is all the way downstairs" "yeah you're lucky you live in an apartment..get to see the viewwwwwwwwww" "you didnt have to lenghen that up" "did i?". A pause.
Kennedy is a young 20 year old unmarried man. His dark green eyes attract, but he looses his cool in a matter of seconds. With mid long hair, fair skin and fairly normal body shape, his looks attract...but his personality and his IQ take it to the ground. He is good in the court though, and hasnt lost one case. He lives all the way up the street from Dario.

"So what then, you or I dont have any clients..we could spend some time dude, i mean i got some friends as well...maybe after a long day we could have some kind of bachelor party...what do you....oh...damn i should had said that" Kennedy stutters for a while trying to know what to say. "It's ok" Dario relaxes " I understand how hyperactive you can be. I was just going for a walk around the office, but you broke my concentration" "you like hurting me dont you? just joking, i know you are like that. Well, have you talked to Sheryl?". Dario relaxes on his kitchen chair and picks up his cordless instead from the kitchen leaving the cord one where it belongs, in the living room. "Not much of a verbal conversation, but from her eyes i noticed she liked the squirrel" "Dude you bought her at squirrel? PLAYA, hehe jokes man, yeah i remember her story" "she told you too?" "you're not the onlyone special" "life tought me that" "tch..do you have to be so hard on yourself?". Another pause, and then Dario stands up and serves himself a glass of water. "So what do you want to do today?" Kennedy continues. "Nothing, probably going to call Sheryl now, or maybe she took her cousin for a walk to the park already" "dont forget the dog" "oh yeah, Rinoa" "I wonder why she had to name her after that game character" Kennedy then gets confortable on his chair. "Maki likes that game, i remmeber she trashed the controller after she died for the fifth time agains Maltimekia". Dario laughs uncontrollably, he drools his water. "What!?" "i thought it was Ultimecia" "The heck? oh, how do you know you boring ungamer?" "Looks like Maki doesnt like you that much, all she talks about is Ultimecia, at least to me".
"Ok then...fine, i got to go now, take your walk alright?" " hey dont be mad, you called me" " im not mad dude" "ic, dont throw eggs at my apartment just cuz i corrected you" "oh hahaha" "Bye man" Dario smiles like he has never before, exept when he was in the altar...bu those are just memories. "They both hang up the phone.

Dario heads to his room so he can check the dry conditions of his jacket, it was nice colored now. Mabye it would give him a new disguise.
He picks up his wallet and his cellphone. He wonders how much time he has left...he doesnt mind anyway. "Another day" he says while trectching, he was rather proud. He softly passes his hands on the white bible that his wife gave him when she was just 18 and they had just met.
He experiences a flashback: A woman on a white tube top and army pants with blond, long shiny hair walks through an unknown park. She notices a man on a bench reading a white book titled "White pages of wisdom" in gold letters.

The flashback ends, for he is interrupted by siresn outside. He didnt want to go back to the memory, his eyes where already watered. He hated to be so sensitive, but he could not change that. Walking to the door, he wonders what lies after it, maybe jus the same old graffity. He guesses right, and unminds it as always.
He takes the elevator to the Lobby.
Outside his building he only sees cars, cars all over the place parked. "Everyone is home today" he says to himself, "odd".
"Small world perhaps?" a voice is heard on his right ear. "Hey Dario" it was Sheryl. As beautiful as always. "You are just like your cousin, sneaking on my right ear" then he smiles friendly. "Yup. So hows life Dari-bud?" she grins, trying to show something? "Oh, so that dentist visit 2 weeks ago helped didnt it?" "yes it did! and i dont feel sorry for my money either". She wasnt perfect, her teeth where whiter than what they where 2 weeks ago.
She wore something like Darios flashbacks. A white top - spelling "White and Blue wave" with a logo on it, signifiing a beach - loose cream pants with lots of pockets and an orange bandana. "No lipstick today?" "nop, I noticed I was Makis inspiration" "Hehe, clever" "so where are you heading?" "i was just going to take a walk" " yeah enjoy the sunshine, something i thought i would had gotten yesterday at the cottage but instead.." she is interrupted "...You got stuck in the rain" by Dario. Like the song goes. "Yes, heeh, you know me by now" "its not a first".
"by the way...wheres your cousin anyway? Maki" "oh she is with her parents, going out camping to enjoy the nice day, so i decided to do the same, but not camping." She gives Dario a smile, a normal smile, and then a giggle, then they both share a nice laugh before stopping short.

"Any new poems about death?" she asked silently. "No, im not writing one today either, i feel to alive...plus, i havent heard my wifes voice" "she must be dead now, she must be resting already" "no, she would had told me" "I see" she vows her head with a sad look in her eyes. "Sorry to bring it up" "no matter".
**cellphone**
"Your or mine?" Asks Sheryl in a reflex. "Yours, mine vibrates".
She picks up her cell and checks the call, she smiles and shows Dario. *Sigh* "Its him again?". "Hello?"..."HEY!!! Its Kennedy, wanna hang out today? i kinda had a feeling you wherent doing anything today, and since its such a nice day i thought..." nothing is heard, she passes the phone to Dario so he can iterrupt. "Then i can bring some of my friends..." interruption "...to plan another bachelor party?" Dario laughs . "What!? who? Dario? darn it!" Dario and Sheryl laugh like kids, she could hear Kennedy from where she was standing. "You could only plan bachelor parties with males man" Dario smiles wide as he explains. "I wasnt going to...argh! lets talk some other time" He hangs up.
"Anything new?" Sheryl smiles. "No, he just forgot half his brain in the cooki jar" "So, wanna walk to the park? its only 15 minutes from here if we walk turtle slow" "damn it, fine...i guess i cant be lazy."

Then they both smile as they head straight. On the horizon, there whas vegetation, and then there was the highway with as many cars as usual. A good 14 cars per 50 second.
They chat as they head straight. Sheryl smaks him on the head in a friendly way, he must had said something dumb. But then again, hes human. The song "Time" by Chantal Kreviazuk is played as the chapter ends.

There, my second chapter. Hope people like it.

Zephyr
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Yes that is definitley turening into a good story. I think you should continue it. :)

Rei
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Blindman

Yeah, as i wrote it i though "ok, people would think that this story is about ONE guy and all this happens and then he ends up happy bluh bluh bluh" i didnt want to write it like that, my stories have lots of twists, thats why they are long.

Each story has a lenght depending on the things you want to say, so don't worry if people think your stories are long. It's true that nobody writes only for himself, but also writing just to please others is wrong. The story seems good so far, so don't worry about it and put in it all your ideas :)

blindman
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Thanks, ill be writing the next chapter tomorrow, im a bit busy with things.

blindman
Jun 10th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Ummm....for those who liked the story so far, i got to say one thing.

Theres a big, big chance im not continuing the story.

1) I kinda lost my interest on it.
2) I dont write much, meaning i take whatever idea and develope it A LOT before i give it a shot at writing it. This story...i just took whatever idea and wrote it.

I dont know though...i think not everyone cares anyway:ouch:

Well, maybe these announcements are not too exiting:

I may be writing a new type of story that is more about humour.
I may be taking sometime to write a story so please send ideas.

Well...want to know what happens to Dario?

OK...EP3: Dario and Ken go to the shop to buy Dario a new Jacket. Ken goes to the bathroom in the mall as Dario waits for his return. A man with a bike hat disturbs the mall, the man had a faint appearance like Kens, and this scares Dario.
Dario and the man cause mayhem in the Mall, but the man gets away.

EP4: Sheryl had just been around Kens house...an extremely horrible accident (she gets hit by a car) strikes Darios memories. She is in the hospital, probably alive.
Thing is, they got some evidence on who it could had been. There was a bikerhat and a licence plate. The bikerhat was like the man he confronted in the mall, and the licence plate told him, could this had been the same man that took his wifes life away? and why was he wearing a bikerhelmet?

EP5: Dario finds that Kennedies property is "assaulted" with references of how Ken could still be a suspect. Dario unotices, he leaves Ken to his own will. Ken and Darios relationship comes to an end.

EP6: It was a dark rainy night. Dario was in the street. He sees a man run into the alley. Dario chases.
After some chasing, Dario meets the man who was desperately running from him, it was the same biker man! they fought on the roof, on the allesy, the rain.
Kennedy appears suddenly, and Dario finds out it is not Ken.
After Dario outskilles the man these are his words. "I wante this day to happen" as dario asked why did he do that. Dario finds out it was the same man, Billy who had been a bully to Dario so long ago. But why? that question is unnanswered, and the man Dies under the rain with the answer. Ken suffers major cuts from broken glass.
12 o'clock at night. In Darios watch, it was five minutes ahead.
The street lights shined on the paved ground while the rain poured down on the street. The phone booth was already occupied, Dario was having trouble with the hard rain on his hair. I should had died with the night he says to himself.
At his house, he falls asleep. He hears the first time in so long, it was his wife.
Dario, dont worry, your search was not in vain. You found out who the man was, and thats what kept me from finally dying. I can finally die, thank you sweetheart, i miss you, i will always, but we will not talk no longer, for now i will fall to my final judgement. I will become a mere spirit, but i will die free, live your life Dario, Live your life for me.
He hears no more...and falls asleep.

So there...thats how it ends, a brief paragraph summary of what happens to Darios life.
Maybe you liked me to actually write it down, but...reasons above.
If i dissapointed you that much...no offense, then you can probably ask me to take the time i wasnt going to take, to write these stories, but i dont think that sounds right.
Sorry for everything, PM me if anything.

Nelo
Jul 23rd, 2003, 07:27 AM
Hey those two chapters were really interesting. Maybe you should keep on continuing your story.
I'm also planning to write something, possibly a fantasy story.. but if I'm gonna do it, you won't see it so soon. Quality costs time.

blindman
Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:32 AM
I knew I shoulda continued it...but the idea dropped and I had no more inspiration...i dont know what came to me.

Hope to see your story as soon as possible.

Black Heart
Aug 10th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Nelo
Quality costs time.

That's so true man! Many fantasy stories are just hilarious because people don't actually think before writing, and it's a shame, because sometimes it's people who can write!

BTW, Blindman, the chapters seemed pretty decent so far. But if inspiration is gone, you should try something else. It's not that you have to keep on writing something if you don't like it or cosider it inspiring anymore. That is the worst thing to do!