PDA

View Full Version : Own Avatar

blindman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:25 AM
Well...i havent seen an option where you can get your avatar from another site and place it here. I'm not saying that its BADLY needed, but it would be a nice pleasant adition since i got so many pictures over the net i just want to place as my avatar (yes i know the size of them, and no they are not big, just a normal 60 pixel picture:P ).
If it does exist already, please tell me, but i guess i had to put that in the helps and faqs.
Well, if it doesnt, then i hope i get through the staff, the Own avatar feature would be cool.
If this exists already, then i guess i should had done research. Hehe.

Rei
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:36 AM
The custom avatar option is enabled, but only for those who have reached 50 posts. That's why you still can't see the option when you try to change your avatar.

blindman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:38 AM
Ic...thanks.
I still need to know though...how do you put your TITLE above your avatar like everyone else does?
Do i have to reach a certain number of posts? and if thats so...how many?

Rei
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:42 AM
It's either 200 posts or 30 days. I know, it may sound hard to obtain, but in reality it's not that difficult ;)

blindman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:58 AM
Oh don't worry it won't be hard at all, it'll just take some time.
Like i may had once said...i'll try to post as much as i can.:nerv:

Pu the Owl
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:07 PM
The reason behind the choice of having custom avatar and title only after a certain amount of posts is pretty obvious and simple: there are many people who just come and post a couple of times, then they disappear. All they want is custom avatars and people to make signatures for them. Then, once they got what they want, they don't come anymore. The purpose of a forum is posting, not having optional features enabled. For those who stay some time this becomes evident, and they finally can get, with no much effort, the avatar and the title. For the others, I'm sorry, but I don't think they need them, since they're not intentioned to stay from the beginning ;)
It'd be much easier to have them enabled from the beginning, but no, I don't think it's fair :tongue:

Hope this explanation was helpful to make you understand my point.

blindman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:17 PM
OH its ok...i'll post as much as i can here most often. If thats what i got to do, im going to do it. Not only that but ill be on this site for long enough so i can post as many posts as i can just cuz i enjoy it. There have been websites i have left, simply because they are uninteresting, but i have left them after 0-3 posts because it wasnt uninteresting. To be honest i find this site to be very interesting for that reason i am staying. Not only that but the people are cool too so it gives it a nice balance. Hehe i know im a bit of a complimenter at times but i got to say what i got to say. Hehe, see when im new..im just me.
Hope people understand, ill try to post as much as i can.

Pu the Owl
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:21 PM
*gives chocolate cookies*

Ehhh, so many compliments! But don't worry about anything, and if you have other question, just ask :)

kupoartist
Jun 3rd, 2003, 03:22 PM
i have a question! why is the limit for a custom avatar lower than the limit for a custom title, when the former is surely more desirable?

Pu the Owl
Jun 3rd, 2003, 03:38 PM
You already know the answer (in fact you sort of posted it within your own question):
the avatar is more desiderable, and it it would be a lot harder to tall people "please, be patient, with your 200 posts you'll get a custom avatar". I remember what kind of criticism we used to receive when custom avatars weren't enabled, and now I'm done with it :phew:

Zephyr
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Oh well i can get my custom avatar now :)

Rei
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:44 AM
Yes, you can! They told you it wasn't that difficult :laugh:

blindman
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Mmm...hehe, i have now reached 50 posts. Does that mean i can change my avatar?

Zephyr
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Yes you can - Im closing in on two hundred so ill get my text soon. ;) But I dont wanna post spam so the time it takes is the time it takes.

Rei
Jun 8th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr

Yes you can - Im closing in on two hundred so ill get my text soon. ;) But I dont wanna post spam so the time it takes is the time it takes.

From what I can see, you haven't posted spam at all. That's great because this means you have posted a lot! This is the demonstration people can post a huge amount of replies without them being stupid :D

*applauds*

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Aww thanks Rei - You brightened up my day.

*Walks away excitedley: "A compliment! A Compliment!"*
*Rounds corner: "WAHOOOOOOO"*

Anyways Avatars - how big/small do they have to be?
Thanks for any answer in advance.

mark0™
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:20 PM
64 by 64 pixels or 6140 bytes (whichever is smaller).

And Rei's Post was very true, you post with quality, as well as quantity, which is rare as usually people post with one of those characterisitics, but not the other :( Well Done Anyways :)

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the info mark. Ill see what I can do tommorow.

And Rei's Post was very true, you post with quality, as well as quantity, which is rare as usually people post with one of those characterisitics, but not the other Well Done Anyways

Aww thank you. Are you saying most people only post with quantity because if you are I know there are many people here who I am sure do not post quantity only. For example, you, gadzoox, Fortune, Rei and Piggle. But anyways thanks again.:)

Zephyr
Jun 10th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Just thought Id better update you all. Ive got an avatar, sig and my new text. So what do you all think of my new appearance?

blindman
Jun 10th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Looks good dude, i almost didnt recognize ya.
Maybe im new, but i know many peoples sigs and avatars and all, looks good.
Well yeah, i think i should post more often with more things.
I dont know though, i have soemthings to do, but i come here. Like right now, i have a french test...i must study.
Cya!

Zephyr
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Thankyuo Blindman, Im gonna resize it in the next few days. But as I dont have the software I use at home its gonna take that long. Dang, I wish I could get 2000 premium.:disturb:

Anyways, It'll probably be even different in the next few days, im thinking maybe a banner or something.