IcyMourdor
Feb 28th, 2002, 11:43 PM
I never skateboard. Never really tried.

talon101
Feb 28th, 2002, 11:46 PM
try its a great sport to get in to:cool:

paul
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:00 AM
I use to skate ;) , now I am a bboy (breakdancer).

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 12:13 PM
Never skateboarded,i like to snowboard though

jenova_jeb
Mar 1st, 2002, 03:06 PM
I skateboard. It's my favorite sport except for Paintball.

Rei
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:13 PM
When I was 15 I used to skateboard and I was kinda good at it. Now I'm not good anymore :p

Mercury Shadow
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:46 PM
I don't skate, but I love watching my friends skate... about 90% of them are skaters, so I always read their Thrasher magazines or watch their toy machine videos... Best sport around :)

nanjij
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:53 PM
ive got a pretty decent skateboard and i do practice a bit but im not that good. i kinda mastered the skateboarding part but not the tricks i can only olie on the spot slightly

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:53 PM
I did try skateboarding once and really sucked at.First time i did it was around when i was 12 years old.I tried doing a trick on one of those really cheap skateboard and totally wiped out.I cut myself up pretty bad

Serj
Mar 1st, 2002, 05:27 PM
Ive tryed it a coupe of times and I sucked at it. Im a pretty good rollerblader though.

wasat
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:35 PM
Better than you talon101 haha

merylsilverburg
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:44 PM
Ohh....well, I like to skateboard but I have no idea how. Ironically, I dress like a skateboarder, so some people are confused when they see me. :roll:

jenova_jeb
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:47 PM
Skating is really hard to learn. It took me months just to be able to land a heelflip. I find the easiest way to learn is to skate with someone that can skate real well, and ask them to give you pointers on all your tricks, and tell you what you're doing wrong. It's a lot easier when someone with experience is able to help you.

merylsilverburg
Mar 1st, 2002, 08:04 PM
Yeah, as long as they don't get pissed off at you for falling on your ass so many times...:D (Or face, whatever)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by jenova_jeb
Skating is really hard to learn. It took me months just to be able to land a heelflip. I find the easiest way to learn is to skate with someone that can skate real well, and ask them to give you pointers on all your tricks, and tell you what you're doing wrong. It's a lot easier when someone with experience is able to help you.

Ha tricks are you kiddin me the hardest thing is to stand up and get going

merylsilverburg
Mar 1st, 2002, 08:25 PM
Yeah! Exactly! I couldn't find any small skateboards, so I tried out this HUGE skateboard for..broad shouldered, tall guys....omigod....it was soo scary! I was tipping all over and it looked like a surfboard on me....I was all hanging on this pole and stuff....:disturb:

Universal_disaster
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:38 AM
ur black

Cannibal Clown
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:00 PM
I can't skate board worth sh*t and i don't want to bother trying. it's too hard and I don't think it would be anything fun to do because it would take me years to get good enough to actaully enjoy myself. And I don't have that kinda time. And winter would slow me down even more with the snow and all.

There are a lot of idiots around where I live who are total skate board fanatics. I think they're retards. They think they're gods of skating and they can't do sh*t. Only jumping a curb, but that's it.

They all have their own little cults and everything. Kinda loke the jocks, but really short and skinny, and on wood with wheels.

So I guess it's just the alternative for football, or soccer.

merylsilverburg
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Universal_disaster
ur black

.......huh?

Cannibal Clown
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Universal_disaster
ur black
Yeah, where'd that come from?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 04:58 PM
Maybe it had something to do with the skateboard for tal broad shouldered guys? i dunno

merylsilverburg
Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:01 PM
I'm still confused. :confused:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:03 PM
Well so am i,so that makes 2 of us

merylsilverburg
Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:04 PM
If Universal_disaster is reading this: Please EXPLAIN! :D

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
If Universal_disaster is reading this: Please EXPLAIN! :D

Hopefully he's not one of those members that comes on very rarely

Reid
Mar 3rd, 2002, 03:20 PM
I pseudo-skateboarded for a few months, but kind of started to give up when it started getting cold.
Can anyone on here that skates give me general tips, or the correct way to ollie?

jenova_jeb
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:56 PM
I wish so bad that I could just show you in real life. It's a little difficult to explain the stuff in type.

Put your front foot in the middle of the deck. Put the back foot on the very end of the board. Push down with the back foot, while sliding the front foot up the board. This should should pull the back of the board up. Make sure that you bend your knees enough so that you'll have a lot of spring and will get high.

Hope that helps some. :roll:

Reid
Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:33 PM
Thanks a bunch.
Now only if it wasn't snowing.
:heh:

007_JamesBond
Mar 4th, 2002, 12:23 PM
I have tried skateboarding before and I am not to good at it

talon101
Mar 4th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by wasat