PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry movie

Vic Viper
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:13 PM
A film based on Capcom's stylish hard-action game is in the works.

Capcom and Japanese movie production company Gaga Communications have announced that they are planning to make the popular PlayStation 2 action game Devil May Cry into a Hollywood movie. The movie is scheduled to begin filming in 2005 with a budget of $40 million. The companies are still deciding on the director, cast, and actors for the film. Gaga and Capcom hope to make the film reflect the original game, showing off the stylish Dante and Trish in action.

Gaga Communications has also acquired the movie licenses for Capcom's samurai action game Onimusha and Namco's 3D fighting game Tekken.

linkified (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/devilmaycry/news_6029312.html)

MakgSnake
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:51 PM
Although I know all this sounds not so good, but as me being a huge fan of TEKKEN series, I would be excited about it. The Tekken Series have an amazing storyline already, if they try to be with it. It'll go really well.

As for DMC movie........... it'll be alright. Not that excited.

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:42 PM
Instead of movies why don't they just make them anime I think they would look better IMO. I know Tekken already has one though. I don't see how DMC is going to be made into a movie. First of all I'd like to see who they're getting to play Danted and even what the story is going to be based around, the first game didn't have that much going on in it.

Beretta55
Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

Instead of movies why don't they just make them anime I think they would look better IMO. I know Tekken already has one though. I don't see how DMC is going to be made into a movie. First of all I'd like to see who they're getting to play Danted and even what the story is going to be based around, the first game didn't have that much going on in it.
i argee with DMC being anime. i mean it would just be better i just cant think of anyone who could be dante.......maybe there is somebody but it just dosent click. anime would be better all you would need is somebody with a gruff badass voice. but im not too excited about it. i just really hope onimusha will be good too....i just hope hollywood makes at least one good game turned movie.....im not counting resident evil since i didnt think it was that good:laugh:

Nelo Angelo
Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bastards trying to ruin Devil May Cry. Just like Street Fighter and some other ones.......

Gaga Communications works for Satan I tell you...

It would be better if it was an anime though. n_n

Vic Viper
Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bastars trying to ruin Devil May Cry.

yea i feel the same way.

i hate capcom.:mad:

Beretta55
Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Vic Viper

yea i feel the same way.

i hate capcom.:mad:
Well what do you expect from the company that dishes out 500 sequels each month:laugh:

im just kidding i still like capcom but lately i havent been impressed by them. not to mention RE outbreak dosent come out till this fall i cant wait any longer.

anyway.......i hope this at least turns out decent then just another bomb movie.

happy_doughnut
Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:52 PM
Games based on movies or vice versa are always crap, with only a very minute exception (and even then, I think Golden Eye was the only exception...).

I don't see a good movie coming out of DMC. It'll probably be all CG'ed and... er. They should just leave the game alone. It's bad enough they didn't make DMC2 as good as the first because of their stupidness. Now they have to go ruin a perfectly good game. :mad:

Ah, and I don't think anime would be the way to go, either. Look at Tekken and Street Fighter; they both had their anime glory, and they were both crap (omg... especially Tekken! WTF was THAT !? :sarcasm: ).

Bleh.

omni vengeance
Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:06 PM
a devil may cry movie...yeah right every time a game gets a movie it always ends up horrible.

MakgSnake
Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by ZeroSniper

Games based on movies or vice versa are always crap, with only a very minute exception (and even then, I think Golden Eye was the only exception...)
I dont know..... I love the first "Mortal Kombat" Movie, even "Resident Evil" movie was awesome.....and I love "Enter The Matrix"........ And "The Twin Towers", and this new "HULK" game is suppose to be really good too. The first Tomb Raider was awesome in my opinion and the second one looks even better. So I guess both industries are working hard on it, to get a better image now.

Preventer Wind
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:21 AM
I agree MakG, there have been some decent movie to games and games to movies. I think both Mortal Kombats (even the series that was on TNT) were great. Tomb Raider wasn't that bad. And Resident Evil was....well it wasn't Resident Evil. The Twin Towers was a good game and Golden Eye was a great game.

As far as the movie...well I'm not a huge fan of DMC but it has a chance. A short game with a good storyline. A kick ass hero...sounds like a good formula.

Mortal Kombat became an anime too....I think. And it sucked bad.

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:21 AM
These movies and movies based on videogames in general wouldn't be so bad if they actually followed the story of the games. I know some games have little story so the solution to that one? Don't make the game, duh. I mean the Resident evil movie was really pushing the limits of the RE story, it didn't even have stars in there, If it didn't have Umbrella I wouldn't even call it RE.

blindman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:27 AM
A game turned movie eh? Why not a game turned ANIME.
I really dont see the point on them making DMC as a movie, let alone, having a guy who looks like dante and that has his one of a kind voice....also i dont even want to picture the stunts they are going to make (Blade II and Matrix Style would be too expensive wouldn it?) i think they are going to make stunts that give away how they made the stunts in the first place. An Onimusha movie would be ok, i think Onimusha takes place in China? and if it is, then all they need to do is lend the script to a Chinese director and he'll make a fantastic movie (Crouching tiger hidden dragon;) or was that japanese too...not too sure).
I think the biggest problem is DMC, its going to be all computarozed and so used up too, but never know.. all we can do is wait.

omni vengeance
Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:44 PM
i swear to GOD if they make this movie as bad as the resident evil movie someone's gonna die!!

legion
Jun 4th, 2003, 07:26 PM
I can't really see the DMC movie as an anime. I mean, not the 'traditional' type of artwork, at least. I'm not saying you can't have a badass character in anime, but I just don't see Dante's character like that.

Just think of how it would be if the did the movie right.

omni vengeance
Jun 4th, 2003, 08:33 PM
i can somehow see dmc as an anime

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Yeah same. I Dont suggest it making it a live movie.

1) because i dont imagine how the movie will begin (probably dante fighting the huge spider boss and then getting beaten then trish comes in a finishes the job or something).

2) the action is going to be dumb. Its going to borrow SO MUCH bullet time its not going to be funny. And i bet they are going to make him do backflips that looks like he was hanged from strings (which is actually how it is) and then turning him upside down and then up again...egh.

3) the monsters are going to be so computarized im going to cry..not a bad thing... a good thing...but its going to be so noticeable.

And those are my (3) BAD predictions. Anybody want to hear the good things? ask me ;)

Chaos
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:35 PM
dont worry..........DMC2 already killed DMC's popularity:laugh:

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Was it that bad?

Zephyr
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:41 PM
I didnt think it was that bad as the first DMC but it certainly wasnt AS good.

Chaos
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:35 PM
ya dude! it got a 3/10!!! thats why im NEVER going to touch it! EVER!!!!!!!:ghost: :shock:

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Now thats bad. I remember DMC 1 getting a deservant 9/10.
Its all in the age and the repetitiveness of the game. I may not play it any often.

Nelo Angelo
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Chaos

ya dude! it got a 3/10!!! thats why im NEVER going to touch it! EVER!!!!!!!:ghost: :shock:

Uh...So?

I thought it was good.

It's people's fault that they hyped it up so much.

Let the flames begin!

legion
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

Uh...So?

I thought it was good.

It's people's fault that they hyped it up so much.

Let the flames begin!

Yeah, I thought DMC2 was a good game. I mean, it had some real problem spots, but for a hack 'n slasher, it was pretty good. Plus, it has a good amount of replay value, which is something that I (at least) pretend to look for in games. :)
If you try to compare it with the first game, it makes it harder to apprechiate DMC2. Like the newest matrix movie. People went into the theatre expecting God after having watched the first one, and too many came out dissapointed.
I'm not saying it was a great game by any means, but I'm glad I own it.

omni vengeance
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:35 PM
chaos...just keep you and your gay ratings to yourself. whoever rated it must not like the game, so shut your fuckin mouth about dmc2 aight?

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Omni - calm down!!:mad:

For goodness sake what did Chaos ever do to you. He only told you the review rating it got. Man, so the person didnt like the game. You dont have to bite his head off. Also tone the swearing down as well.

Anyways, as for DMC and DMC2 here goes...

Devil May Cry was a very good game in many respects and, yes, got a deservant 9/10 in reviews.

Devil May Cry 2, wasnt as good a game as the prequel was simply because the game probably didnt need a sequel in the first place. But the action was quite good as well as the FMV. So really it should ahve got at least 6/10.

omni vengeance
Jun 9th, 2003, 06:52 PM
dmc and dmc 2 were both very good...end of main discussion

((btw i live quite near to chaos and hes always talkin bad about games and such. also, i will try to stop the swearing,k?))