PDA

View Full Version : Hal's monlogue

ssjtrunks13
May 27th, 2003, 08:53 AM
I was just wondering if there was anyone who could give me the words to Hal's monologue as I was just thinking about it and it's the best one I've heard yet. I also have to do a monologue for theater arts and thought it might be a good one to do. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Dark Angel
May 27th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Which one? After Emma's death or what?

ssjtrunks13
May 29th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Yes, the one after Emma's death. Like I said before any help would be greatly appreciated. SOrry I took so long, it's been a while since I've been back here.

Dark Angel
May 29th, 2003, 05:58 PM
I'll have a look around for you

Dark Angel
May 29th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Is this what you meant? It's what he says on the scene of the sun setting after Emma has died:

Both you and I... We were always alone... always...

We only wanted to be loved... we were always waiting –- waiting for somebody... somebody who would love us...

But we were wrong... You can’t wait to be loved. You have to go out and find it. Four years ago... I realized that you can’t just wish for a happy family. You have to make it happen...

I just wish I knew that sooner. I learned that I could love... as you probably did... Emma...

ssjtrunks13
May 30th, 2003, 06:05 AM
I thought it was longer than that? Well, if that's the whole thing he did then I guess it's shorter than I thought. Where'd you find that or did you just copy it down playing the game at that part? Thanks for the help.

Dark Angel
May 30th, 2003, 05:04 PM
I have a transcript of the whole MGS2 script on my comp, and it seems longer in the game as the way he says it has lots of emotional pauses and stuff.