PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden 3 hard?

Azuma_Ninja
May 26th, 2003, 01:35 AM
I just got this game like a couple of days ago. I was just wondering if anyone else finds/found this game to be hard. I think out of all the suikodens it's def harder. Just in general too it seems like I never have enough money to buy armor or get my weapons sharpened. Just curious to know if anyone else thought this game was tough?

Hero
May 26th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Play the lottery, that's the best way to gain money.

Also in Chris chapter 2, there's going to be a part where you're in Iksay village, and you have to go north to a windmill. Don't go north, keep trying to go South and you'll get infinite battles. Sure, you get infinite battles at any dungeon, but not all battles give you as much skill points and potch as this set, so take advantage.

Remember, potch is important only for the first three chapters... You don't want to finish your chapter three's, having 999,999 potch for each of your trinity character's.

Always take time at every village stop, to fight outside and gain some potch and skill points.

The trick to the lottery = Buy 5 random tickets and 5 sequential tickets, go battle for 10 minutes, come back to where the ticket booth is, but save at the inn. Go to the ticket booth and keep soft resetting until you get the 2nd place prize. Once you get second place, you'll have enough potch.

Only upgrade the skills that the character is good at, unless you really get upset with their weakness and absolutely HAVE to fix it. For example... Chris is really good at battle. She's a really good swordsman, but really lacks in magic or defense. She can parry and deflect hits, but she moves really slow. Even with a B rating on swing, she only seldom gets 2 hits in at one turn. The way you can change this, is by giving her Holy Dash, but she's not too good with that. It took me nearly 800 skill points just to get that skill up.

Azuma_Ninja
May 26th, 2003, 11:21 PM
thanks man

synicalgohan91
May 29th, 2003, 11:35 PM
i have not played the 3rd one but i have played previous ones and i really liked those games. From what i have heard a lot is that it is really hard. all i know is that game better have the cooking thing to it that it so awsome.

Preventer Wind
May 29th, 2003, 11:54 PM
I never played the first 2 but this one I really like.

Like Hero said Chris' chapter 2 in Iksay village is where you can really upgrade her out. Especially if you have enough helaing things and you are strong enough. And the lottery is really important. And make sure you sell your old equipment off. That gives you some potch. Magic is very helpful. As for upgrading your characters...once you get to chapter 3 and you have not run from a battle their skills should be close to maxed out. But I found accuracy and armor to be the most important for me.

Plug 4
Jun 9th, 2003, 02:32 PM
at the beginning i thought the game was hard too but after a while it's not that bad

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:18 PM
I just want to say this before I say what I thought about it. The game, to me, was not as good as the original 1 and 2. It just didnt appeal to me. But anyways...

Firstly, I do not own the game and I rented it. Secondly, It was good gameplay but I just didnt like the overall game itself. It was quite hard, forgivably, at the beginning but it got suprisingly easier.:peoples:

Anyways the lotto is definitley the best way to go about gaining money easily.