PDA

View Full Version : Vectors art wp

Pu the Owl
May 23rd, 2003, 10:31 PM
I shouldn't be posting this in a videogaming forum, but since last time I posted something was ages and ages ago, I won't mind posting it anyway ;P

This (http://www.demigod.nu/decay/wp/vector_richey_800x600.gif) is a wallpaper I made for a fanlisting I'm running, and it's my first try at vectorial art. The result ain't that bad... Russian quotes from a poem by Vladimir Mayakovsky. It took me ages just to find the font >_<

Jubei
May 23rd, 2003, 10:36 PM
Very, very well done Fortune :). Looks awesome, you sure have a talent there.

Big Dude
May 24th, 2003, 12:29 AM
Thats intence! :drool:

Backword letters are hard to read :laugh: had to consintrate pretty hard, :peoples: not much brain power here... :dizzy:

It looks really good :shy:
Im wondering now, what program do you use?

Pu the Owl
May 24th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the comments :happy:

Big Dude, all I use is Adobe Photoshop 7 (in this case polygonal lasso tool, mainly) . For vectors I know Adobe Illustrator is much better, but I'd have to learn to use it before, so the idea of opening that program seemed not very appealing to me :P

Rei
May 24th, 2003, 11:21 AM
How much does it take to have the main image done in vectors? Seems like a long and boring process :shock:

And what does the russian quote exactly say?

Pu the Owl
May 24th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Rei

How much does it take to have the main image done in vectors? Seems like a long and boring process :shock:

It took me a a couple of hourse (maybe a little more) to have the image done in vectors. More colours you have, more time it requires. Since in this case I only had three colours (white, black, light pink), it was not that complicated.

And what does the russian quote exactly say?

I blurred at once the chart of trite routine
by splashing paint with one swift motion

kupoartist
May 27th, 2003, 02:19 PM
nice colour scheme, excellent arrangement and composition. I'd give you full marks, but i'm not a teacher... and this isn't a school...

... at least I think it isn't.

You've chosen some great effects here :) ... but tbh, i'm totally lost when you're talking about vectors.... what are vectors?

Pu the Owl
May 27th, 2003, 07:23 PM
A vector-based image file contains a mathematical description of the image. Vector-based images are composed of key points and paths which define shapes, and coloring instructions, such as line and fill colors. The computer follows these decriptions to display the image.

I found easier to quote to give you an idea. BTW, to be more precise, I'm using a vector-style type of graphics here, with same result as more strictly vectorial images, because I haven't used paths to start defining the image, but selections and shapes.

Hope it's a bit clearer now :right:

MakgSnake
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:37 PM
Excellent. Thats all. Beautiful.

Pu the Owl
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Thanks Makg, I always appreciate your comments :)

Gadzoox
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Wow, thats wonderful!
Nice colour scheme, layout, and great use of words! Nice text. ;)

Vector art sounds...confusing.
o.O;;

Keep it up, and post your stuff more often to keep us appeased!! ;D