PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Coated Ones.

MakgSnake
May 22nd, 2003, 09:28 PM
Ok this question may not have an answer...but still may be someone here might be able to help me out.
As many of you have noticed that when you buy a Ps2 game, the back side of the DVD or CD is Silver Coated, and sometimes its Slightly Goldish Coated. And then there are some games like "Virtua Fighter 4" - "Tekken Tag Tournament" - "Metal Gear Solid 2 DEMO That came with Z.O.E".... are Blue Coated. Now when ever I put a game that is blue coated at the back, my PS2 makes the worst ever noises and starts skipping the loading program. I mean, it doesn't load for sometime and then I can hear the fan going really loud and then coming back to its normal sound and then the game starts or starts loading. I dont get it. Why does it only happen with a DVD. CD. with blue coating at the back?. Any clue? Anyone?

mark0™
May 22nd, 2003, 09:36 PM
Erm, I'm sure Blue Disks are CD's, and Silver/Goldish Disks are DVD's, need to check that but I'm sure its right.

I dunno why it would take more effort into reading the disk, As i have no understanding as to how DVD/CD Readers work. But I doubt it's something to worry about.

Mercury Shadow
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:56 PM
I had the same problem, MAKG. Blue backed (cd-rom games) discs wouldn't play for me because they are different at a different disc speed than DVDs, and for some reason my PS2 had a problem with it... along with thousands of others. What you'll probably need to do is send it back to Sony and they'll fix it for free (you'll just have to pay for shipping).