PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone played Dynasty Warriors 4?

LRickX6
May 18th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Thats a bad agme

goodman
May 18th, 2003, 03:15 PM
I saw it over at a friends house, it looks very good. The graphics are excellent, and gameplay looks good. IGN gave it a good score, 8.6. Im thinking about checking it out maybe this summer or something...

Azuma_Ninja
May 19th, 2003, 01:30 PM
originally posted by LRickX6

Thats a bad agme

If your going to say that about a game, could you at least give some reasons. Personally I've never played this game in the DW seriers but all of the others have been some of the most fun games I've ever played. My friends say this one is even better than the others, so my question to you is why do you think this game is bad?

synicalgohan91
May 19th, 2003, 06:05 PM
i can not believe u don't like that game u must not have played it. that is the only reason that i could think of for u not liking this game. The graphics in the game are so good. and the fact that u can create a character and use him/her in the muoso mode is just spectacular.

LRickX6
May 19th, 2003, 09:34 PM
lol, what I meant as bad means its really good lol.
Yeah the graphics have improved. I like the orbs. However, I don't like the way they changed the lightning, in W3 it was better
I like using:
Zhou Tai
Taishi Ci
Jiang Wei
:D

Azuma_Ninja
May 20th, 2003, 11:22 AM
so bad means good now ehh? What is this bizarro world?:laugh:

Thanks for straightening that up for me, I just wanted reasons if you didn't like the game. Glad you do though

ssjtrunks13
Jul 20th, 2003, 09:22 PM
I was wondering too when I read that first post just now. Yeah, this game is really sweet, I can't make comments on the lightning in 3 cause I haven't seen it but in 4 it looks pretty cool at level 1. I just got this game yesterday, by the way.

I got to Act IV for the Wu side, I just used Sun Shang Xiang. I had played her some on DW4: Xtreme Legends on one of my friend's PS2 and I got used to her, her attacks were awesome. I also played Gan Ning some in 3 and his true Musou attack was awesome, so was his level 4 and 5 weapons. Anyway because I haven't had it for long I haven't played Zhou Tai, but his character design is the :censored: and so is his weapon.(from seeing it in the instruction manual)

dan da man
Jul 21st, 2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

so bad means good now ehh? What is this bizarro world?:laugh:

:peoples: No, thats what people say when they think its "bad" hence good.:laugh: I think it just new (old) culture, well its been around for a while, no worries it can cunfuse alot of people.

As for DW4, alot of people at work have been coming in to pick it up, but I have no idea what kind of genre the game is? Just making your army.

ssjtrunks13
Jul 25th, 2003, 08:38 PM
In DW4 there's 3 major kingdoms the Wu, Shu, and Wei and you don't control a whole army just a general and some bodyguards. The generals have combo moves and stuff and you control everything the guy you have control of does, as for the bodyguards you can just give them orders like defend your character, attack, and wait. There's also people that don't belong to the three kingdoms and are trying to gain power for other various reasons, while the people of the three kingdoms are just trying to become ruler. It's like a strategy game/RPG, there's levels and experience and some other stuff you find in RPGs and you gotta strategically get rid of the commander of the opposing side while trying to protect your leader for the level. That's basically it.

You might wanna check it out first, but I think it's an awesome game and worth buying. DW3 had an expansion and I hear later this year an expansion for 4 will come out, but I hear if you wanna get all you can out of it you should play 4 first like with DW3's expansion.

I now have 4 level 10 weapons, I got Liu Bei's, Zhou Tai's, Sun Shang Xiang's, and Gan Ning's. Zhou Tai's was the hardest so far, but not all that hard if you know how to use him. If any of you need help with any of those 4 I could help ya.