PDA

View Full Version : Full MGS 3: Snake Eater Trailer/Movie

LRickX6
May 18th, 2003, 02:22 PM
(I'm not sure anyone posted about the full version trailer)
its about 10 minutes long. The short trailer was a part of this one.
Here's the website to get it:
http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs3/english/movie_index.html
Enjoy

dan da man
May 18th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Hi, I see your new, well ive already posted in your thread in genral chat, good to see a new metal gear fan, thanks for putting that link up, haven't had chance to check it out yet.

LRickX6
May 18th, 2003, 02:35 PM
There are some funny parts to it, the end especially; Snake looks like he's doing some karate moves on the ____
However I do think the blood thing is a little bit odd

kupoartist
May 19th, 2003, 01:40 PM
how big is the trailer (in mb)? obviously my 28k is way too slow, and its already occupied with downloading the last 3 of the 9 sections of the Half-Life 2 showing. That's slow. (But it would seem worth it)

Vic Viper
May 19th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

how big is the trailer (in mb)?

118 mb

kupoartist
May 19th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Vic Viper 118 mb
darn... is there anything a little smaller showing MGS3 that I can grab? Somthing good of course...

Vic Viper
May 19th, 2003, 02:10 PM

darn... is there anything a little smaller showing MGS3 that I can grab? Somthing good of course...

yea theres a teaser version of that, really small, hold on i'll look for the link.

Vic Viper
May 19th, 2003, 02:18 PM
heres the teaser video (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/metalgearsolid3/media.html)

enjoy:)

Infernal Mass
May 19th, 2003, 06:56 PM

how big is the trailer (in mb)? obviously my 28k is way too slow, and its already occupied with downloading the last 3 of the 9 sections of the Half-Life 2 showing. That's slow. (But it would seem worth it)

it's 31mb and in asf format.
running time 11minutes 49 seconds

direct link url:

http://jpn01.konami.co.jp/movie/mgs3/mgs3_e32k3_e.asf

Qjij_jijQ
May 19th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Too bad most of you people can't see it...
Just so you know, there's even a 'joke' regarding Grand Theft Auto.

... priceless ! :laugh:

Zanku
May 21st, 2003, 04:28 PM
Qjij_jijQ enlighten me about this 'joke', please. I dont want to spend too long on my 56k just to see this one joke, although the movie would be worth it, but i have seen the smaller version :phew:

Qjij_jijQ
May 21st, 2003, 06:15 PM
For you... sure. ;)

It goes like this:
Snake comes behind a guard that is on his bike and he says "Freeze !", while pointing his gun at him. Then, the guard lifts his hands up and turns around...

Guard: "What is this? ... Another Grand Theft Auto!?"
Snake: "No! A Sneaking mission."
Guard: "... this is no vice city. We're in a Jungle!"

Then he starts his bike and says: "Go eat snakes!"
... and then he leaves. :disturb:

Zanku
May 21st, 2003, 06:38 PM
Haha, cool. I will have to see it! Sounds rather ammusing to me...:laugh:

Infernal Mass
May 23rd, 2003, 06:47 AM
it's a real knee slapper,

adam
- like the one about the bannana and the easter bunny

Qjij_jijQ
May 23rd, 2003, 09:33 AM
... if you say so. :peoples:

Infernal Mass
May 23rd, 2003, 05:32 PM
..i do:king:

Qjij_jijQ
May 24th, 2003, 02:22 PM
I know... :shappy:

Infernal Mass
May 24th, 2003, 06:25 PM
yea me too. XD

Qjij_jijQ
May 24th, 2003, 07:28 PM
... how could you not ? :gum:

mark0™
May 24th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Spam Alert!

lol, I just downloaded the full trailer, pushing my 56k to the limit. The video was ok, I'm 100% certain that Big Boss is a playable character in MGS3 now. I Didnt think the whole "Go Eat Some snakes" 'joke' was funny really, maybe I have bad humour.

kupoartist
May 25th, 2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by mark0™
I Didnt think the whole "Go Eat Some snakes" 'joke' was funny really, maybe I have bad humour.
well, as the entire UK contingent (of 5!) in #eurovision2003 on Quakenet were called "bad losers" and "humourless", you're in good company! ;)

I agree to an extent, but its kind of funny. As long as Kojima didn't waste more than 10 seconds of MGS3 development time trying to come up with it. If he did, he was trying a little too hard...

I too have just seen the Trailer then (on yay-28k)... Its quite nice, but its an evolution rather than a revolution. In the end, i'm sure it'll be a fantastic game (that everyone here will talk about like they talk of MGS1 or 2), but a few trees and plants don't really make the whole thing much different from core MGS gameplay.

Hey, thats actually a good thing... MGS gameplay is great!

If E3 has shown us anything, its that games need radiators you can throw at people to win game of show awards :)

dan da man
May 25th, 2003, 07:12 AM

Spam Alert!

lol, I just downloaded the full trailer, pushing my 56k to the limit. The video was ok, I'm 100% certain that Big Boss is a playable character in MGS3 now. I Didnt think the whole "Go Eat Some snakes" 'joke' was funny really, maybe I have bad humour.

Which video did you download?

EDIT: I tihnk I know now, but when you download it stright onto your media player, how do you save it. (im downloading Vics direct link)

Zanku
May 25th, 2003, 08:03 AM

but a few trees and plants don't really make the whole thing much different from core MGS gameplay.

Hey, thats actually a good thing... MGS gameplay is great!

To a extent yes it will be similar, but remember that the previous two games relied on Right Angles...you know Corridors, Boxes, Square Tanks...so you can easily hide, and you can basically 'guess' where the enemy will go. This new "multi-angle" gameplay will be more tricky, because the enemies will be more unpredictable, and you will have to rely on objects and camaflauge as a means of hiding. I hope you understand me...?

mark0™
May 25th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

Which video did you download?

EDIT: I tihnk I know now, but when you download it stright onto your media player, how do you save it. (im downloading Vics direct link)

The Full 31MB preview.

I just Right-Clicked and saved the file, then opened it up with Media player, didn't give me any troubles.

I like the whole "Eat Or Die" Idea, which I hope means you have some sort of "hunger" meter and not eating enought could slow you down or make you weaker ( not die though, It would be a bit stupid If you died from starvation, it take like a week or so without food to die right? Something like that? )

Can't Wait :D

dan da man
May 25th, 2003, 01:05 PM
I like the whole "Eat Or Die" Idea, which I hope means you have some sort of "hunger" meter and not eating enought could slow you down or make you weaker ( not die though, It would be a bit stupid If you died from starvation, it take like a week or so without food to die right? Something like that? )

Yes, I think there will be some kind of hunger meter, Kojima said you have eat and drink to survive.

mark0™
May 25th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Haha just watching this video again. During the part of the Preview, the part that was the Teaser video, when Snake is walking down the river and the enemy fires on him. A Grenade explodes near snake while he is shooting in First Person, you can clearly see a Fish! getting tossed up with the explosion!

So the enviorment must be populated with animals to eat. How will snake catch Fish? I hope he has to go fishing with grenades :D

Zanku
May 25th, 2003, 01:09 PM
That'd be really interesting. It'd add more of a role-playing element to the game, although i could see it getting quite annoying - thats all depending on how the system works.

Haha just watching this video again. During the part of the Preview, the part that was the Teaser video, when Snake is walking down the river and the enemy fires on him. A Grenade explodes near snake while he is shooting in First Person, you can clearly see a Fish! getting tossed up with the explosion!

So the enviorment must be populated with animals to eat. How will snake catch Fish? I hope he has to go fishing with grenades :D
I saw that too when i first downloaded it, very cool huh? Also at the part he is shooting at the dogs (before he runs and dives off the waterfall) you can see fish swimming at his feet! Maybe you can throw knifes or shoot the fish? There are also birds in the trees, and those dogs look edible...

mark0™
May 25th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Dogs? We're in Russia, not Korea! J/K

Zanku come on MSN you f00, i want to talk.

Zanku
May 25th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Well, Foxes, Wolves, Dogs whatever they are, they look tasty. You can probably eat the Snakes too, you saw how you can shoot the Snakes in the video? And you see Snake eating a Snake also (lol too many Snakes!)

(ill come on msn soon, need to cook some food)

DARK*KNIGHT
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:47 PM
thank you were looking for that videoa lot

Zephyr
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:57 PM
You cannot eat dogs!! They are lovable little creatures at the best of times. Dont you dare take a chunk out of one of my 5!!

omni vengeance
Jun 9th, 2003, 06:13 PM
...what is this again? mgs3?

dan da man
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by omni vengeance

...what is this again? mgs3?

Yes.

Reid
Jun 14th, 2003, 07:01 PM
That trailer was awesome.

I wasn't really excited about this game (even though I knew that I'd want to play it because I love the MG series) until I saw that.

This looks fantastic.