PDA

View Full Version : Wants and Needs in Snake x2

MakgSnake
May 5th, 2003, 02:23 PM
So yeah its confirmed on GameCube and will be shown in the coming E3 and coming out not 3 years from now or even two or even one but at the END OF THIS YEAR!!!! Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

So what do you guys think the game would "NEED" to have or something that you might want in it.

For starters......I would want another playable character (MERYL) for max 15% of the game. Or they could make it like "RE2"... finish it with Snake and then with Meryl (Driving the Jeep in the end would be awesome)...

Ok that was a WANT. What I NEED in the game is Snake having more MOVES.... more then he had in MGS2: SOL, SERIOUSLY!! More then just Punch Punch Kick. More then ROLLING more then Hanging..... and please for Big Boss's SAKE, give him the ABILITY to JUMP. I mean even guys like Mario and SONIC can jump, why cant Snake!!??

mark0™
May 5th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Why would Snake need to jump? If theres an obstacle Snake can climb the action button pulls him up it.

I dunno, Playing as Meryl sounds cool but I feel Twin Snakes will be an Anti-Climax, end of this year seems to soon.

MakgSnake
May 5th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by mark0™

Why would Snake need to jump? If theres an obstacle Snake can climb the action button pulls him up it.
Well, jumps makes things intresting...... I know he climbs stuff, but in an action game jump is very very important, just look at any good game, Splinter Cell, Dead To Rights, Max Payne. I hate it when the main character cannot jump and he save the world on that.

Originally posted by mark0™
I dunno, Playing as Meryl sounds cool but I feel Twin Snakes will be an Anti-Climax, end of this year seems to soon.
From what I read in the news, the people behind Twin Snakes have been working on it from a long time, its just that they told and confirmed now. It has been in works for more then year I believe.

Meryl will be cool to play, she rocks.... playing as the "REAL" Grey Fox" would be soo cool.... like him saving us from Rex in the end.. awesome..!!..

ssjtrunks13
May 5th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Well, I've been wondering why it's The Twin Snakes. I'd have to agree he should have more moves including jumping. Maybe they could have him be able to say things to distract the enemy.

MakgSnake
May 5th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Maybe they could have him be able to say things to distract the enemy.
:laugh: That'll be soo funny. COOL. I would like to see that!....!

dan da man
May 6th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Holy shit! its out the end of this year, sorry, no way, erm new stuff, couple of new stealth moves or guns, get to play otacon, that would be sweet, when you seperate from where you fought gray fox.

kupoartist
May 7th, 2003, 03:11 PM
to go with the "Twin Snakes" title, they could do a Sonic Adventure 2 type thing and have you playing the bad guy for a bit... Not that I can see who an entire alternative viewpoint could be done for a guy who

1. poses
2. flys a chopper for a bit
3. speaks with a terrible "english" accent

the interface for the first and last would probably involve hammering the "circle" or equivilent button... that'd work pretty well for the last point, what with it being the same control method that was used in the torture sequence...

hehe... anyway, the Meryl idea is infinitly better... There could be a sequence with her resistance prior to imprisonment, her escape and holding snake at gun-point, and an explanation of whatever the hell she was doing in the time between then and the psycho-matis encounter. Hey, perhaps she even escaped whilst Snake was being tortured, only to be recaptured for the big showdown at the end?

Aside from that, i'd expect to see the graphics and interface slightly beyond MGS2, and perhaps some neat easter eggs to replace the old ones... though i'm sure they'll be some who'd suggest that a certain easter egg involving meryl, air vents and better graphics would do nicely... :peoples:

MakgSnake
May 7th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

Aside from that, i'd expect to see the graphics and interface slightly beyond MGS2,
Yeah I really hope so too. Because to be honest MGS2 graphics has really aged well in the last 2 years. In 2 years alot happens. So it'll be really great if Twin Snakes graphics blows MGS2s as well. And please more fluid character movement. More then ever before.

ssjtrunks13
May 7th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

3. speaks with a terrible "english" accent[/color]

You really think Cam Clarke does a terrible english accent? I never really cared.

Anyway, I forgot about more guns, that's definately a must for the new games. If they did put in Meryl or the Otacon idea I guess I'd really have to play the first game before Twin Snakes.

Jubei
May 7th, 2003, 04:29 PM
i definatley agree with the jump feature, and snake having a more fluid movement capability is also a must have.

ya know what I think would be really REALLY kool, a joint assualt between snake and ninja, w00t how awesome would that be, while your firing rounds of at the guards, ninjas cutting them down, and if you hit ninja he'll make a point of telling you not to do it again lol

aside from that i cant think of anything, maybe some more boxes?

Azuma_Ninja
May 14th, 2003, 09:37 PM
I would like more areas to explore or maybe more story. What I would really like to see is less codec calls, I mean come on you walk up to an air vent *beeb* *beep* "snake there's an air vent right in front of you", you get up next to a ladder *beep* *beep* "snake there's a ladder in front of you press the action button to climb", etc....My point is the game is a covert op but you get codec calls like every 2 seconds. I just found that to be annoying.