PDA

View Full Version : First screen of Konami's new TMNT Game

Vic Viper
May 4th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Konami recently unveiled plans for a 3D action game based upon the new animated TMNT series, set to debut on Fox's Saturday morning children's TV block in February. The new game is planned for release on the PS2, Gamecube and GBA and will feature all your old favorites. Here's the first look for your enjoyment... you twisted voyeur!

http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/tmnt/TMNT.jpg
link (http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1052023268,64066,)

this game's gonna be sweet !!!:arrr: :naughty:

ssjtrunks13
May 4th, 2003, 10:47 AM
It looks sweet too. Raphael's stance looks awesome, he was always my favorite character. The hard part is deciding which system(s) I should get it for.

mark0™
May 4th, 2003, 01:07 PM
I hate it when Game advertising lists the game consoles its on and lists GBA or anyother Handheld, they are gonna be totally difeerent than the PS2, Xbox, GC versions, just seems stupid.

Looks good however, doubt i'll buy it though, I used to like the Turtles, maybe I still do... So I may change my mind... :)

DragonSphere
May 4th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Cel- shading, eh? It does suit the game nicely...hopefully the gameplay will be good as well. :lick:

Zone
May 4th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Finally we get some info and screenshots on this game. So far, it seems like it'll be great. I'm really looking foward to it. I mean, who wasn't a TMNT fan? Some of us still are...

Damn. Vanilla Ice won't be unlockable. :( ;)

MakgSnake
May 5th, 2003, 11:44 AM
I AM! I love Ninja Turtles........ my fav Michaelangelo. And I will 101% sure buy this game. On GameCube most probably..... but I'll see on which system it'll get the best reveiw though. The game LOOKS BEAUTIFUL. THANK GOD and the person whoever created "CEL-SHADING"..... :D

Azuma_Ninja
May 5th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Nice thread!!! I just seen and heard about this game in my friends psm mag the other day. It's going to be so cool to have another ninja turtles game. Turtles in time for snes was one of my favs back in the day. The cell shading I think is a cool approach to the game also. I'm a little disappointed that it's only going to be a 2 player game, it would be so sweet to play with 3 buddies to kick some foot clan butt:D Well maybe the x-box version will so who knows

MakgSnake
May 5th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

I'm a little disappointed that it's only going to be a 2 player game, it would be so sweet to play with 3 buddies to kick some foot clan butt:D Well maybe the x-box version will so who knows
REALLY???.... 2 Players Only???...... DaMN. Thats the worst thing...... how could they do this?..... I hope they change their mind before the release or something. Seriously. :(

Azuma_Ninja
May 5th, 2003, 03:25 PM
originally posted by MakgSnake

REALLY???.... 2 Players Only???...... DaMN. Thats the worst thing...... how could they do this?..... I hope they change their mind before the release or something. Seriously.

according to the article in psm they said it was only going to be 2 players, and this is not an exact quote but close "all 4 turtles can be called onto the screen to perform special attacks" That sounded cool when i read it but i'd still prefer to play with my friends.

Vic Viper
May 6th, 2003, 05:59 PM
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Multi_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_5.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Multi_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_4.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Multi_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_3.jpg

Berserker
May 7th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Cowabunga!!! Cel-shading is the only thing suitable for this game.
Looking forward to this one, I love this type of games, double dragon on the nes is one of my all-time favorite games.
Thank god for the horizontal scrolling(???) beat 'em up.

Azuma_Ninja
May 7th, 2003, 01:20 PM
originally posted by beserker

I love this type of games, double dragon on the nes is one of my all-time favorite games.

I can't beleive there hasn't been a remake for double dragon yet.

MakgSnake
May 7th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

I can't beleive there hasn't been a remake for double dragon yet.
A remake of Streets of Rage is on its way on Ps2, if it makes you feel any better. I LOVE double dragon, but Streets of Rage was one hell of a ride!.! Excellent. :D

By the way, the screens rock. I will buy this no matter what.....but still 4 player could have been better. But then what are sequals for!.! :D

ssjtrunks13
May 7th, 2003, 04:27 PM
I've missed out on a lot of the good SNES and NES titles. This game does look awesome and like mentioned by other people it would be nice if they decided to allow you to play with more than two people.

I still like Ninja Turtles too. The game looks really good and I'll be damned if I don't get this one seeing as I've only got to play a few tmnt games compared to how many were made. Oh, and Makg, Raphael could win against Michaelangelo any time. Of course I still think they'd make a good team with just the two of them.

Azuma_Ninja
May 7th, 2003, 11:22 PM
originally posted by MakgSnake

A remake of Streets of Rage is on its way on Ps2, if it makes you feel any better. I LOVE double dragon, but Streets of Rage was one hell of a ride!.! Excellent.

That's cool, I've heard about the remake. I also heard they were re-making phantasy star II and golden axe(both great games). What can I say this is a good time to be a gamer:shappy:

Redpyramidhead
May 21st, 2003, 11:28 PM
Man, just thinking about the Nes and Super Nes Ninja Turtle games sure makes me feel nostialgic. This game will probably be a riot. I also like the cel-shading idea. I hope they don't tone anything down too much since it's based on the new cartoon which is in the saturday morning slot...I hope they realize most hardcore turtle fans are older now and want the all out action. There's no need for blood and the other games didnt have any anyways so I say as long as that's not in there make it an all out ninja fest...besides most of the time your slashing up Foot Clan ninja robots, right? I trust Konami for the most part to make this all it can be. I hope it's not too easy like TMNT 4 though. Remember, us Ninja Turtle fans are older now!

_RED_ stuff