PDA

View Full Version : Socom Uk??

ToxicUK
Apr 24th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Will SOCOM ever come to the UK? I just wnat us to be able to play it over here becasue I really want it as Ive read such brillaint reviews? Any ideas?

Jubei
May 4th, 2003, 06:22 PM
yea I cant wait for this one, tho will the voice com be for SOCOM only or will it be compatible with other titles?

mark0™
Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:33 AM
Socom is out soon in the UK. Sony just set me a little preview pack with some amusing stickers:

"Stealth To the Pub! Thats An Order!"

lol.

I'm looking forward to it, but, is multiplayer only available to Broadband? Im 56k but hoping Broaband will be available here soon. Also where the hell are the Online Adaptors for PS2, if there is one, I've never seen one here or in america, ever! And Also how much do they cost?

dan da man
Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by mark0™

Socom is out soon in the UK. Sony just set me a little preview pack with some amusing stickers:

"Stealth To the Pub! Thats An Order!"

lol.

I'm looking forward to it, but, is multiplayer only available to Broadband? Im 56k but hoping Broaband will be available here soon. Also where the hell are the Online Adaptors for PS2, if there is one, I've never seen one here or in america, ever! And Also how much do they cost?

Arounds £45, Im so excitited about ps2 online in the UK, at the moment Xbox live has took over the UK.:laugh:

Zephyr
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:49 PM
As of yet our exchange has just reached the trigger level so it will take a couple of months for us to get boradband - but im buying SOCOM now. Just another question - did any of you take up the offer in Argos for the PS2 in the current catalogue (ends july) where all games are £29.99 thats where I got splinter cell and VC. If you see a good game take up the offer while you still can...

mark0™
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:00 PM
yeah damn BT, I really dont want it though, I want Blue Yonder or Telewest. What really pisses me off is that my steet is monoblocked (paved) and we have no pavements, just little paths of Grass. And my street is just a small cul-de-sac, and at the last house on the street, where t connects to another street, they have Telewest! And I doubt people will allow the Grass to be dug up to get Access. And this house is soo close, :(

I'm still gonna buy Socom though, The Single Player sounds great. But it's multiplayer I want more.

Sorry if leeters are missing, my keyboard is acting weird.

Zephyr
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Just a little tip to those who havent as of yet received braodband on their exchange with BT. if you get broadband of bt.com it is faster than the connection with btopenworld. If you go with openworld the requests etc have to go from your computer to bt to btopenworld and back agian wheras with bt you just get a direct link between bt and yourself. ust bear that in mind before you get a slower connection than you should rightly have. That is unfortunate mark but Im sure they may come up with a way to get you on with broadband such as using a sattelite connection. t is possible but maybe not by cable. Oh well good luck to you in getting it.

mark0™
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Im hoping the target will reach the trigger within a few months, Airdrie is quite high on the list of towns approaching the Trigger Level. I'm Going to check just now.

Zephyr
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Is there a web address where all the towns that are going to gewt broadband are in order?

dan da man
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Its FINALLY out!, at a amazing price £39.99 (GAME) seeing you get the headset with it. I wish I could buy it, but the damn ps2 modem is not out yet.:sarcasm:

Zephyr
Jun 10th, 2003, 04:04 PM
You could always buy it and wait for the modem...

dan da man
Jun 11th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

You could always buy it and wait for the modem...

Stupid me, the ps2 adapter is out, I am missing out on this and XBL, it just sucks seeing I luv video games! And playing online, are you getting it Zephyr? It would be cool to play you or with you.

Berserker
Jun 12th, 2003, 03:47 AM
The game is out now in holland and the first copy's contain a form you can fill in and have a chance to become one of the 2500 beta testers of the online network of ps2 europe I'm gonna buy it this weekend and I guess europe will be online somewhere this fall...meet you guys on the virtual battlefield....I'll be the big guy with the AK;)

dan da man
Jun 12th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by beserker

I'll be the big guy with the AK;)

Il be the big guy with a cross hair on your head!:P:laugh:

Berserker
Jun 16th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Just bought it, it's pretty weird using the headset and talking to your PS2. My girlfriend LHAO whens she enters the room and I'm like BRAVO RUN TO DELTA!!! But when I get the hang of it I think it's a pretty cool feature. I'll be praticising to meet you guys online this fall.