PDA

View Full Version : Kessen?

ToxicUK
Apr 24th, 2003, 02:58 PM
What is Kessen because ive seen it in the bargain bin for £10 and I wanna know if its any good? Thanks...

Preventer Wind
Apr 30th, 2003, 10:55 PM
It's about the Three Kingdoms story (See Dynasty Warriors, Dynasty Tactics, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms). It is centered around Liu Bei, Cao Cao, and Diao Chan.

It's hard to explain but I'll try. You first play as Lie Bei then as Cao Cao. You get choose what to do before battles (Train troops, hire another general, help farmers out, and forge new weapons are usually the options) You then chose your formation then the battle begins. You get to direct your generals to where you want them to go and when they engage an enemy you get to zoom in and watch the battle. While zoomed in there will be at least one general/warlord who can perform special moves like Duel, Charge, and Rally. And some can perform magic attacks like Meteor, Fireball, and a Tornado one. That's the basics.

I suggest you rent Kessen II if you want to try it out and don't want to buy it.

ssjtrunks13
Jul 20th, 2003, 08:48 PM
I was surprised to see what Dynasty Warriors was based offa, I didn't find out til I got DW4 yesterday. Kessen was based off the same thing? I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Preventer Wind
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Yep. Dynasty Warriors, Dynasty Tactics, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and Kessen are based of the Three Kingdoms saga. Though Kessen has more of a story line then any of the other games.