PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear: Twin Snakes

MakgSnake
Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:13 PM
Well, well, well..... Konami has announced that Metal Gear is coming to GameCube, and most probably it'll get a release this coming November (Finger Crossed).

Its called "Metal Gear: Twin Snakes"...... (not confirmed title). More news will come up in the up-coming E3!.! I seriously cannot wait.

But from all the name. It seems like, Konami isn't planning on giving Nintendo the "Solid" series. On GameBoyColor it was "Metal Gear: Ghost Babel" and on GameCube for the time being its "Metal Gear: Twin Snakes"..... Oh well. I like that sound of it.

Makes me a very happy human being!.!

Source!.! (http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1050241365,46324,)

ssjtrunks13
Apr 24th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Yeah, but right now it doesn't matter to me when it's released. Though the sooner it happens the better. What I mean is if it didn't come out soon when I actually have the money it might not be out.

ToxicUK
Apr 24th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Ive been waiting for this to happen. I would love to have a MG game on GC. What a great idea Konami and if it sells they may bring it to PS2????

merylsilverburg
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:37 PM
The game sounds awesome. Can't wait to hear more about it. :D

MakgSnake
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ToxicUK

What a great idea Konami and if it sells they may bring it to PS2????
Eventually, YES, I mean its Metal Gear and we are talking about Sony Playstation. Snake And PS are like Best pals. They'll for sure bring it to Ps2. I think.

mark0™
Apr 25th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Ach, GC's Control Pad is not something which I would consider "compatible" with Metal Gear... but you know I'm still gonna buy this :D

ToxicUK
Apr 25th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Well it sounds like a really god idea and a good name - i cant wait... I really wanna know more about this...:shock:

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 25th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Great news makg.Looks theres going to be another game on my much anticipated list.

ToxicUK
Apr 26th, 2003, 02:50 PM
My game anticipation List

1 - Anything METAL GEAR
2 - Anything Shooting
3 - Anything Resident Evil...

ssjtrunks13
Apr 26th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Mine's anything RPG and anything Metal gear.

ToxicUK
Apr 26th, 2003, 03:23 PM
RPG Good...

But anyways back to the topic... does anyone know anymore about the storyline or is it going to be a secret completley?

MakgSnake
Apr 26th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by ToxicUK

RPG Good...

But anyways back to the topic... does anyone know anymore about the storyline or is it going to be a secret completley?
From the hears of it. It seems like its going to be completely new and different. A totally fresh side story. Just like Ghost Babel, but I REALLY HOPE "David Hayter".... the writer of X2, and the voice of Solid Snake works on it. Cause without him, Solid Snake isn't "THE" Snake.

I think "Twin Snakes" might revovle around....... another "new" Snake....... could be another "Solid Snake".... or any of the other 6 testube babies!.!

ToxicUK
Apr 29th, 2003, 03:04 PM
COOL! Interested... Information must be found... thanks for the little tatser Makg.:ghost:

Dark Angel
Apr 29th, 2003, 05:03 PM
I doubt they'll add abother cloned Snake, but I suppose you never know.

And ToxicUK, do you know how annoying the size of you sig is?

DSgamer
Apr 29th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Dark Angel
And ToxicUK, do you know how annoying the size of you sig is?

let the brother be

Azuma_Ninja
Apr 29th, 2003, 08:23 PM
originally posted by mark0
Ach, GC's Control Pad is not something which I would consider "compatible" with Metal Gear... but you know I'm still gonna buy this

Remember when metal gear was played on the 2 button Nintendo controller? I know what your saying though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game was GC exclusive. With the PS2 getting another Metal Gear Solid, I'm not sure if they would bring this game over too. On second thought I'm sure at some point it will be brought to the PS2, I mean just look at Substance.

Frozen
Apr 30th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Well, I think ya'll know what I could say about this.

ToxicUK
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:19 PM
I wouldnt really care if they brought it over to PS2 cos it would be a good game either way.

Harry
May 1st, 2003, 10:22 AM
Hi all,

you can find more detailed news on our news pages - including release dates - and I'll be sure to publish the logo and the artwork of the game on Ps2Fantasy.com in a few minutes.

Click here! (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/scripts/singlenews.php?newsid=1051802263,88416,)

The most interesting feature, leaving aside the graphics, is that the gameplay will be based on Sons Of Liberty's mechanics - plus inevitable refinements coming from Miyamoto and Kojima. By the way, the official name on today's press release from Konami and Nintendo is Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. And yes, the game is GameCube exclusive, and considering the involvment of Miyamoto in the project, I highly doubt we'll see it on any other platform. Well, we'll see.

Harry
May 1st, 2003, 10:43 AM
Click here (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/scripts/arts.php?gid=212)

The first artwork and the logo of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. There are rumors we could grab same screenshot before E3... if that really happens, we'll be sure to publish them.

GaseousSnake
May 1st, 2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Harry

Hi all,

you can find more detailed news on our news pages - including release dates - and I'll be sure to publish the logo and the artwork of the game on Ps2Fantasy.com in a few minutes.

Click here! (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/scripts/singlenews.php?newsid=1051802263,88416,)

The most interesting feature, leaving aside the graphics, is that the gameplay will be based on Sons Of Liberty mechanics - plus inevitable refinements coming from Miyamoto and Kojima. And yes, the game is GameCube exclusive, and considering the involvment of Miyamoto in the project, I highly doubt we'll see it on any other platform. Well, we'll see.

The game is being developed by Silicon Knights.

Harry
May 1st, 2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake

That's not exact. Silicon Knights will develop the game together with Konami (that's inevitable), and under the direction of Kojima and Miyamoto. Did you read the press release?

Carlito
May 1st, 2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake

... and Konami, and Kojima, and Miyamoto! Sounds amazing.

EDIT: Ooops, sorry Harry.

ToxicUK
May 1st, 2003, 01:55 PM
That artworks really cool, thankyou Harry. Youre the only one thats masking me happy today. Tahnkies :)

Frozen
May 1st, 2003, 02:23 PM
Hmmm, but does this mean then, this is actually a MGS Solid remake, exclusive for GC, and so we WILL NOT have a remake for PS2? Not that I care much about that, though, but I'm sure many people would.

Harry
May 1st, 2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

Hmmm, but does this mean then, this is actually a MGS Solid remake, exclusive for GC,

Yes, the game is a MGS Solid remake, but unlike Capcom's Resident Evil, also the gameplay will be "upgraded".

and so we WILL NOT have a remake for PS2? Not that I care much about that, though, but I'm sure many people would.

So it seems. Of course, nowadays you never know. Even if I'd be a bit surprised to see this one ported to other consoles, especially because it seems Nintendo will work - how much directly, that's difficult to say - on the game together with Konami and SK. We should also consider that with the next price drop the GC will probably cost "just" 100$, a price that would make a bundle made of a console + Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes a perfect gift for Christmas...

MakgSnake
May 1st, 2003, 09:01 PM
Excellent, Excellent news Harry, trust me and really do!! that no one and I mean no one is more happier right now on this planet then me. Or even crazier.

SK is amazing, seeing how amazingly the JOB was done on "Eternal Darkness"........ this is just amazing!!!

So "Solid" eh..... they put it in eh. Cool. I dont mind a re-make of the game with next gen graphics, all I would want is, some extra cool scenes and stuff. Now I have my doubts bout David Hayter being involved, seeing that he'll be too busy with X2 releases all over the world and with the "HULK" movie as well. DAMN.

But still all this is great.

PS: I am "actually" sweating right now!

Harry
May 1st, 2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Excellent, Excellent news Harry, trust me and really do!! that no one and I mean no one is more happier right now on this planet then me. Or even crazier.

SK is amazing, seeing how amazingly the JOB was done on "Eternal Darkness"........ this is just amazing!!!

So "Solid" eh..... they put it in eh. Cool. I dont mind a re-make of the game with next gen graphics, all I would want is, some extra cool scenes and stuff. Now I have my doubts bout David Hayter being involved, seeing that he'll be too busy with X2 releases all over the world and with the "HULK" movie as well. DAMN.

But still all this is great.

PS: I am "actually" sweating right now!

And don't forget the upgraded gameplay, Makg! This is more than a remake! ;)

MakgSnake
May 3rd, 2003, 09:37 PM
Yeah, new gameplay eliments would spice things up, but it'll be the same as hiding the bodies and shooting in firstperson. It'd be really great if something totally new is shown, something that even MGS2 didn't or couldn't have. That'll be awesome.

But either way, I am going cuckoo here.

Dark Angel
May 4th, 2003, 08:19 AM
damn Makg, how do you get such good sigs?

Azuma_Ninja
May 4th, 2003, 12:39 PM
your sig is sweet MackgSnake

MakgSnake
May 5th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Dark Angel

damn Makg, how do you get such good sigs?
I make them with Paint Shop Pro 7 and Ulead Express...plus has to have Yoji Shinkiwa's mindblowing artwork.. :)

and thanks Azuma...

I cant wait for more ArtWork from this game and screenshots. E3 seems so far away now!!

dan da man
May 6th, 2003, 02:44 PM
I heard about this news the other day, so so so sweet, when is it out? btw nice sig makg.

MakgSnake
May 7th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

when is it out?
Most probably in November........ I really do hope so. Konami never really pushes their dates. But nothing is announced yet. Still I think it'll be November..... what an amazing Xmas everyone would have this year eh!!! and thanks.

Dark Angel
May 8th, 2003, 02:51 PM
I should get you to do me a sig, Makg:laugh:

Infernal Mass
May 10th, 2003, 10:39 AM
http://www.nintendoworld.com.br/imgs/55580_6_gd.jpg

this is supposebly the first screen of MGS: Twin Snakes. I dunno looks fake to me..these types a things aren't hard to do.

dan da man
May 13th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Thats fake to me, to like metal gear solid 2 SOB, but the background is spot on.

Azuma_Ninja
May 13th, 2003, 02:04 PM
originally posted by dan da man

Thats fake to me, to like metal gear solid 2 SOB, but the background is spot on.

That backround does look quite good. I like the cargo truck where you find the SOCOM

mark0™
May 13th, 2003, 02:56 PM
A Screen Capture of MGS1 in FP mode and of FP mode of MGS2, a little cropping and there you have it.

A Few people think the MGS3 trailer is fake, my friend thought so then Harry and others said so too. But it looked to good and even if it is fake its fecking great and the guy deserves an award.

dan da man
May 13th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by mark0™

A Screen Capture of MGS1 in FP mode and of FP mode of MGS2, a little cropping and there you have it.

A Few people think the MGS3 trailer is fake, my friend thought so then Harry and others said so too. But it looked to good and even if it is fake its fecking great and the guy deserves an award.

You think? Im not too sure about the graphics, still looks like MGS2 material, IMO it is a great clip, just hope the graphics improve major.

MakgSnake
May 13th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

http://www.nintendoworld.com.br/imgs/55580_6_gd.jpg

this is supposebly the first screen of MGS: Twin Snakes. I dunno looks fake to me..these types a things aren't hard to do.
Especially for DigiMortal. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Infernal Mass
May 13th, 2003, 06:55 PM
:laugh: uhhuhuh..

that was so funny Makg!!

..no seriously.

digimortal
- so, now what?

Azuma_Ninja
May 14th, 2003, 04:19 PM
originally posted by dan da man

You think? Im not too sure about the graphics, still looks like MGS2 material, IMO it is a great clip, just hope the graphics improve major.

I think the graphics were fine how they were. Sure improvements would be good, but if we can expect to see what we saw in the trailer i'm not going to complain