PDA

View Full Version : Doom and Wolfenstein

ToxicUK
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:12 PM
You know Ive been wishing that maybe, just maybe they might bring Doom or Wolfenstein to PS2, but I dont want it to be some pdated version with new things i want the original doom with just slightly better graphics like they did for the GBA. Same goes for Wolfenstein... what do you lot think?

MakgSnake
Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by ToxicUK

You know Ive been wishing that maybe, just maybe they might bring Doom or Wolfenstein to PS2, but I dont want it to be some pdated version with new things i want the original doom with just slightly better graphics like they did for the GBA. Same goes for Wolfenstein... what do you lot think?
For the same version, just buy GameBoy Advance, seriously. Its portable and more fun!!.!!

As for Return To Castle Wolfestien, it is coming to PS2. And coming very soon in Mid May most probably.

But I think I'll buy the Xbox version as it'll be Xbox Live.

As for DOOM III. It'll never hit the Ps2....... well only if the meteor hits it as well.

Nelo Angelo
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:03 PM
I don't think Doom III could even run on the PS2. :O

kupoartist
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

I don't think Doom III could even run on the PS2. :O
only in the same way that Splinter Cell does... ie. getting rid of all the good graphics, and lets face it: Doom III is so going to be about "good graphics" and nothing else, especially with Half-Life 2 alledgedly just around the corner (/me giggles at the "OMG HL2 at E3" reports on just about every news publication. well... gaming news at least.)

as for your idea Toxic... no. Its not even like you can't play them on your PC if you searched the net right now... well, so long as your PC isn't a 386 or somthing :laugh: ... and as long as its yours... i'll shut up now :)

ToxicUK
Apr 24th, 2003, 02:38 PM
1 - I do have Doom for my PC (450?!) and I have wolfenstein as well. But dont go dissing my PC yet because my laptop kicks azz!!!

The Skum
Apr 25th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Doom3 for the xbox wasnt a good idea i think....it should have been PC exclusive.....and about wolfenstein,the ps2 version wont have 2 player coop! (Yeah it sucks!)

ToxicUK
Apr 25th, 2003, 12:33 PM
1 - Yea I agree doom 3 should have maintained its title as PC if it wasnt gonna even go to any other console - but lets not forget big bill in the sky is a control freak.

2 - NO 2 PLAYER!! Excuse me a moment...

*Toxic Faints in disgust*

3 - Would the GBA be able to handle Doom3?

4 - I got an addon last night for Doom- it makes the whole thing into a simpsons treehouse of horror kind of thing. You control homer killing everyone but oh well its too long a description to go into detail.:laugh:

kupoartist
Apr 25th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by ToxicUK
1 - I do have Doom for my PC (450?!) and I have wolfenstein as well. But dont go dissing my PC yet because my laptop kicks azz!!!
don't worry, i wasn't berating your PC.. a 450 isn't that bad at all (a 386 isn't a "386mhz processor" by the way - it was out even before the original Doom was, hence my wondering why you wouldn't be able to play Doom 1 :P )

and as for 3, i'm not even going to say "you are being sarcastic, right?". I'd just look stupid.

ToxicUK
Apr 25th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Ok, ok i admit it. I was being sarcastic - I just wanted to know who would notice first.

MakgSnake
May 5th, 2003, 02:52 PM
The Ps2 version of Wolfenstien doesn't have Co-Op mode??... Damn, I was already pissed about the game not having Online support. Its a good thing I have Xbox. I cant believe they can do that, not put TWO main "selling" features in the todays game. Well a different group of people are working under the Ps2 version, so I guess that explains.

As for DOOMIII on Xbox, I am just happy about it. I mean I dont have a great computer and I hate upgrading my system for each and every game. So it makes me a happy humanbeing.

For now..... Half-Life 2 is PC exclusive, but I hope it comes out on Xbox too...... PLEASE!!!

Azuma_Ninja
May 5th, 2003, 03:32 PM
originally posted by MakgSnake

The Ps2 version of Wolfenstien doesn't have Co-Op mode??... Damn, I was already pissed about the game not having Online support. Its a good thing I have Xbox. I cant believe they can do that, not put TWO main "selling" features in the todays game. Well a different group of people are working under the Ps2 version, so I guess that explains.

As for DOOMIII on Xbox, I am just happy about it. I mean I dont have a great computer and I hate upgrading my system for each and every game. So it makes me a happy humanbeing.

man i feel the same way. me and my brother always have this convo. A game even if it's poor could be so much more fun if they had a 2 player co-op mode. I'm so glad they finally made tenchu with a co-op mode. Now if only they could do that for resident evil i think it would be great (resident evil online doesn't count).

kupoartist
May 5th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
For now..... Half-Life 2 is PC exclusive, but I hope it comes out on Xbox too...... PLEASE!!!
The good news is probably that Half-Life 2 can run on some pretty average PCs (TNT2s), so an XBox won't alledgedly have too much trouble... and even Unreal 2 is supposedly getting an X-Box conversion, so surely Half-Life 2 on X-Box isn't unlikely...

(there are also rumblings about "Unreal Assault" for the PS2...)

oh and we are talking about 1992 Wolfenstein, right? (Wolfenstein 3D) ... i've never really been a big fan of either... never really liked ID Software's games for some strange reason :/