PDA

View Full Version : For the 1000th time....

O2
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Hi,

Uninformed new PS2 owner here. I was unfortunate enough to hate on the PS2 for some time due to my love of my Dreamcast & Xbox, but the huge amount of cheap PS2 games made me see the error of my ways.

I bought a few games to get me started:

Devil May Cry (1)
Onimusha 2
Virtua Fighter 4

So my question is (as has been posted for the 1000th time) what game is good that's going for cheap ($20 or less)? No need for new titles. Just the oldies that I missed that have great graphics and gameplay. Please forget the obvious (GT3, GTA3, etc.) All genres appreciated.

Zone
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:05 PM
I don't know if you own(ed) a PSX/PSone, but you might want to check out some PS1 games. There are many great classics, and they're cheap.

DSgamer
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:31 PM
SILENT HILL 2!!!!! ONIMUSHA: WARLORDS!!! METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY!! NBA STREET!!!!! ACE COMBAT 4!!!!!! and much MUCH MORE!!!!!

;)

kittens&cats
Apr 18th, 2003, 05:07 AM
hey here some games you might like for your ps2 o2
jak and daxter
rachet and clank(i don't have it )
silent hil 1
resident evil code veronica x
bloodrayne

dan da man
Apr 18th, 2003, 07:18 AM
There are so many good cheap titles for the ps2 now, I would reccomend, gta 3, MGS2 SOB, jax and daxter, ssx tricky, RE code veronica, Crash Bandicoot - The Wrath of Cortex Platinum, bmx xxx, GT3, max payne, onimusha. and plenty more.

btw they are all under 20 quid/bux

ssjtrunks13
Apr 18th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Yeah MGS2, Onimusha, and Jak and Daxter are all on the greatest hits collection now. As stated before PS1 games are cheap.
You could always try:
DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22(I'm not sure how good it is, might just be for huge fans of DBZ)
Final Fantasy Origins(FF1 and FF2)
Grandia(if you can find it)
FF7
FF9
maybe FF8(I just never really liked it).

Those are all for PSOne and you'd need to buy a separate PSOne memory card to play them, but I think it's worth it. As for PS2 all the good ones have been stated as far as I'm concerned, unless you wouldn't mind getting the newer games.
In case you just might be swayed you could check out:
Xenosaga
FF10
Grandia Xtreme
Grandia II

If you haven't played it on Dreamcast already I would definately get Grandia II, I'm not sure how the PS2 version is because I played the Dreamcast version myself.

goodman
Apr 19th, 2003, 12:39 AM
You know whats funny, and it says something about sequels and how devalued they become, but GTAVC is already dirt cheap for a used copy. Heck if your into rpg's just blow it all on XenoSaga, man, best game ive played in a good while at any price...

O2
Apr 19th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by goodman

Heck if your into rpg's just blow it all on XenoSaga, man, best game ive played in a good while at any price...

Sounds like some good advice. Maybe I should stop being so cheap.

dan da man
Apr 19th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by O2

Sounds like some good advice. Maybe I should stop being so cheap.

Nah man, get the game you like, the other games which are 19.99 now, were once 40, anyway its upto you, hope the advice helps you.

Squall4000
Apr 20th, 2003, 08:04 PM
FF8