PDA

View Full Version : Did you know.......

Piggle_humsy
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:03 PM
So If you know a weird fact or a interesting bit of info that you think others should know or would want to know.... or you just want to point out that you know a load of things then this is the place to share....

If you dont know anything then search the web for something....

I came across these little bits of weird things in an email I got.....

Butterflies taste with their feet.

In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.

On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.

The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

The electric chair was invented by a dentist. (That explains alot!)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33.
She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

Now weird laws....

In Texas:

It is illegal for children to have unusual haircuts. (That is a crime!)
A recently passed anti-crime laws requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and explain to the nature of the crime about to be comitted. (That sounds fair!)
It is illegal to milk another persons cow.

(I think bush could have had something to do with these! sounds about right! lol)

In Alabama:
In Jasper, it is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.
It is illegal to play Dominos on Sunday.
It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in a church. (That's a good one!)
Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death. (If a trains coming when you're doing it! )

In Arkansas:

A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
It is illegal to mispronounce the name of the state of Arkansas. (It's Ark-an-sass right?? :laugh: )
It is illegal for the Arkansas River to raise higher than the Main Street bridge in Little Rock. (River you're under arrest!)
In Fayetteville, it is illegal to kill any living creature, including insects. (bet they walk carefully around there!)
In Little Rock, if a man and a woman flirt with each other in the streets, they could be jailed for 30 days. (We were just talking officer!)

That's it for now but In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger....

"I'll Be Back" :laugh:

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Daedaelus
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:23 PM
A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.

ROTFL! My favorite one.

IcyMourdor
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:11 PM
In Jasper, it is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.

The actual rule of thumb still exists today? How sad.

On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.

I'll tell my teachers that next time.

Berserker
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:21 AM
there's a theory that states that if you fart, sneeze and burp at the same time your body will implode cause of the release of inner pressure and the incline of air pressure around you...:roll:

Piggle_humsy
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:06 AM
A sneeze comes out of your mouth at 100mph! :shock:

Is it true that if you sneeze with your eyes open they will pop right out because of the force?? :scared:
Someone try it and let me know! :laugh:

ok some more bits and bobs, I like the laws so.....

Washington:
It is illegal to pretend that one's parents are rich. (wish that was true here!)

Virginia:
In Richmond, it is illegal to flip a coin in any eating establishment to determine who buys a cup of coffee.
There is a state law prohibiting "corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates."
In Lebanon, it is illegal to kick your wife out of bed.

Vermont:
Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
It is illegal to deny the existence of God.
It is illegal to whistle underwater. (how you gonna catch me?)

Oklahoma:
People who make "ugly faces" at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.

Utah:
A husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife while she is in his presence. (thats a great one!)

South Carolina:
Every citizen is obliged to carry his gun to church.
No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants. lmao!
In Charleston, all carriage horses must wear diapers. lol!

God! There are more george bush's out there! :scared:

x x x x

Piggle_humsy
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:18 AM
I'll keep posting in here! :broken:

some more things.....

In Pennsylvania:
"Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. If the horses appear skittish, the motorist must take his car apart, piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bushes."
(I dunno if this is true!)

And I had to put these in here.....

Strange Phobias.....
(These were actually submitted to a site from people!!)

Fear of Band-aids
Fear of Buttons
Fear of Styrafoam cups
Fear of Crumpled up paper
Fear of Rubber Bands
Fear of Veins
Fear of Balloons (my boss shares this one!)
Fear of Beeps
Fear of Female Flatulence (:laugh:)
Fear of Vomit :blergh:
Fear of Cotton (I share this one! I can't touch it or think of it coz it makes me cringe! Cotton balls tho not the fabric!))
Fear of Being drowned by peacocks (apparently he emailed back to check it was for real and it was!)

Fear of *Pictures* of Sharks -- This one is so good, I just have to post his/her entire description: "I remember once in 4th grade, we were reading a magazine...I got to the last page and dropped the magazine, kicked over my desk (hitting the child in front of me and injuring her) and scrambled onto the kid behind me's desk, all the while screaming bloody murder. I had been touching a shark's picture the whole friggin' time! Three teachers came running from different classrooms..." :laugh:

Well that's all for now!

Please post something in here! I like people to tell me weird stuff aswell!

x x x x

Beretta55
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:43 AM
LMAO!:laugh: ah this stuff is great. im from oklahoma......so im going to go to jail!......i make ugly face at most dog's that bark at me......well i will see you all in 2 to 4 years:laugh: