PDA

View Full Version : Recommend One

Reid
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:15 PM
I haven't bought any PS2 RPGs except for Final Fantasy X and I'm in the mood to play one now, so my question is, which should I buy?

I'm considering Xenosaga but I want to know if there's anything more deserving out there that I should pick up.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 12th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Nah, go saga

Spank-A-Thon
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Are you talking about PS2 specific RPGs? If not then there is a huge amount of PSOne RPGs that I could recommend!

- S

legion
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

Are you talking about PS2 specific RPGs? If not then there is a huge amount of PSOne RPGs that I could recommend!

- S

Yeah, a lot of the old school stuff was really great, like Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Cross, and several in the Final Fantasy series.

But if you are looking for PS2 specific, Xenosaga may be your best bet. Of course, it's just whatever you're personally into. There are several games worth buying; for example, Kingdom Hearts and .hack, Dark Could 2, etc.

Daedaelus
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:28 PM
IMHO, Kingdom Hearts is much better than Xenosaga. Saga is like watching one very, very large movies. The cinematics are huge! You can skip them, but then you don't understand the story-line. I would reccomend KH over Saga.

Reid
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:52 PM
I'm looking for a PS2 designed RPG, because I already have a good amount of PSOne RPGS.

I want something next-gen but a pure RPG (I know that Kingdom Hearts is more of an adventure game).

So maybe Xenosaga would be the way to go, is it similar to Xenogears because that was a fantastic game.

Spank-A-Thon
Apr 12th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Well, the only other PS2 RPG I have is Grandia II. I bought that for 20 quid, and it was just about worth it. It's okay but nothing spectacular.

- S

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:28 PM
I didn't really like KH, the concept was cool but I dunno, I didn't like the battles...far too many of them if you ask me

But eh I haven't played much so maybe once I've played more my thoughts will be turned around

Nelo Angelo
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Um, what about Wild Arms 3?

Or Suikoden III?

Xenosaga is a good choice, but you should look at those titles as well.

ssjtrunks13
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Here's a list if you're still looking with the most recommended at the top.

Xenosaga
Final Fantasy Origins(released last week here in the states)
Grandia(don't know if you'll be able to find it anymore but it's worth a shot)
Grandia II
Grandia Xtreme

Preventer Wind
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Here is a list (In order)

Xenosaga: The cinematics are great. I think they are a plus not a minus.

Suikoden III: A great game. The story is good and the fact that you switch off with 3 different characters is great. There are also 3 other characters with side quests.

Kingdom Hearts: This game is good. It is more like an adventure game because of the fighting. You only control 1 charactter.

I played both Grandia II and Xtreme for about an hor each. I didn't like them at all. But I know ssjtrunks13 likes it.

I never played Wild Arms 3 but I heard it was not good.

ssjtrunks13
Apr 14th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

I played both Grandia II and Xtreme for about an hor each. I didn't like them at all. But I know ssjtrunks13 likes it.

Yeah, I think all the games in the series are great. I hate to admit it, but anyone that says Grandia was better than the last two they're absolutely right. The other two were harder, at least that's what I believe.

dan da man
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:12 AM
It depnds, I would say KH is more fun, I havent played saga, but if you like long cut-scenes try it out.