PDA

View Full Version : X2 vs. reloaded

Matrix
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:40 PM
personally I would have to say I am looking forward to both, a little more so towards reloaded, and because of that (and my high expectations) I think matrix 2 will let me down a bit cause I'm expecting the best movie ever to come out on may 15th and it will probably be good just not that good!!!!

As for X2, I'm am looking forward to it even less now that I have found out Gambit will only have a small part in this one. The good thing though is that ice man and pyro have bigger parts this time around, and of course there is nightcrawler (new to this one).

So what are your opinions?

(are your expectations too high as to the point that reloaded will be a let down?????)

SplinterJD
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:49 PM
I think re-loaded should be pretty good as long as its action packed like the first movie then it should be good personally I think it will outdo the original.;)

Esjay
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Oh come on...the sequel to the Matrix...and the sequel to X-MEN? That's like comparing vinegar to sugar...one is MUCH sweeter than the other. Reloaded is going to blow every movie that's released anywhere within it's release date right out of the fucking box office.

Azuma_Ninja
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:58 AM
I'd have to agree with Esjay, Reloaded is going to clean out the box office. I've seen the original x-men movie like a week ago, I didn't think it was bad. I didn't like rouge in it though. Like Matrix says though the sequel's going to have Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Pyro in it, so it should be pretty sweet.

MakgSnake
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:36 AM
MATRIX ALL THE WAY! That movie is going to do some serious damage to the BOX OFFICE.

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Why didn't you put the new terminator in there.I'm anticipating that movie more than the other 2 you listed.Anyways outta those 2 I would say the new matrix is higher on my list to see than X2.

DSgamer
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:58 PM
terminator 3 looks weak, and james cameron aint directing it.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 12th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Terminator 3...bah...F that

Reloaded will rule all

I didn't know Gambit was going to be in it all though?

Daedaelus
Apr 12th, 2003, 03:43 PM
I'm looking forward to both of-course. However, to make it clear, if only had enough money for one, I would choose Reloaded definetly. As for T3, well, so far it does not look so impressive, I know it's early, but I probably won't even go to see it.

@Sword 4 Hire: Nope, there is definetly no Gambit in X2.

Hero
Apr 12th, 2003, 03:48 PM
Terminator 3 is basically Awhnold reaching out at whatever he has left. Age catches up to us all. If it were directed by James Cameron it would be worth it. I mean look at Batman series... 1 & 2, directed by Tim Burton, kicked ass, then the third got all these flourescent lights and Wal Kilmer...

I'm looking more forward to X2, because it's the war... You get to see mixed feelings between Kurt and Charles, the greatest rivalry ever... Two former best friends, and geniuses... One a man of honor and another a man of valor...

It's not X2 that's gonna rock me out of my sleep though, it's the Wolverine movie that's scheduled to film.

Daedaelus
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Hero

mixed feelings between Kurt and Charles

Kurt and Charles? Are you sure? Kurt is Nightcrawler...

Do you mean Magnus and Charles?

Hero
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:59 AM
Whoops

No his name isn't Magnus, I think that's his last name..

It's ERIC!!! haha... I haven't been around X-Men in a while....

Eric and Charles

Matrix
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Iguana

@Sword 4 Hire: Nope, there is definetly no Gambit in X2.

he only appears as a cameo like collosis(don't know how to spell his name)

Vicious_2003
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:33 PM
I read a large article in my latest EGM issue on Reloaded and man does it look promising. They shot over an hour of footage especially for the game and the script for it was larger than that of the movie. The brothers who made the films had a HUGE hand in the making of the games. This is a gaurenteed not to be another crappy game based on a movie..oh no...Its gonna rock !

Frozen
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Esjay

Oh come on...the sequel to the Matrix...and the sequel to X-MEN? That's like comparing vinegar to sugar...one is MUCH sweeter than the other. Reloaded is going to blow every movie that's released anywhere within it's release date right out of the fucking box office.

How come that didn't get censored? LMAO!!!! :laugh:

That's a tough question, I'm definitely looking forward for both, but right now I am tending more to X2, since I bought a coupl of weeks ago the X-Men 1.5 DVD and I'm just in the X beat :B

But I think that BOTH are going to be just awsome.

Matrix
Apr 16th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Why didn't you put the new terminator in there.I'm anticipating that movie more than the other 2 you listed.Anyways outta those 2 I would say the new matrix is higher on my list to see than X2.

I regret to inform everybody that I should have, after watching the newest trailer (international-now online) It really shows how good T3 will be, check it out, it rules!!!!!!!!!!

Redpyramidhead
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:34 PM
It's not X2 that's gonna rock me out of my sleep though, it's the Wolverine movie that's scheduled to film.

There's gonna be a Wolverine exclusive movie??! They got Hugh Jackman on for it I hope??

_RED_ stuff

Matrix
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

There's gonna be a Wolverine exclusive movie??! They got Hugh Jackman on for it I hope??

_RED_ stuff

videogame not movie, the wolverine movie is just a rumor and hasn't been confirmed yet!!!

ssjtrunks13
Apr 18th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Video Game is still cool. I've seen the previews for the X-Men, Reloaded, and T3. I'd probably want to see Reloaded a little more than X-Men, but not by much. I haven't seen the other Terminator movies so I don't know what to expect out of the third one.

007_JamesBond
Apr 18th, 2003, 12:51 PM
i prefer the matrix, since i am a huge fan. I think they both will be good and will see them both. I however am anticipating the matrix reloaded above everything

Matrix
Apr 18th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Video Game is still cool. I've seen the previews for the X-Men, Reloaded, and T3. I'd probably want to see Reloaded a little more than X-Men, but not by much. I haven't seen the other Terminator movies so I don't know what to expect out of the third one.

the game just came out a couple of days ago it is called X2: wolverines revenge

ssjtrunks13
Apr 28th, 2003, 04:09 PM
I just got back here to this topic. SInce your post I saw the preview for the video game and I think I might get it. In a couple of weeks my mom's taking me out to go see X2 when I visit her that weekend. I think I might be able to see both of them.

Matrix
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:38 PM
played X2 last week, I'm a big fan of wolverine so I really enjoyed the game, I really liked how good they put his powers into the game. The only problem I have with him in this game is he is quite the wuss(they should have made him as strong as he should be, but then again the game would be way to easy then!!!)

4 MORE DAYS TILL X2 IS RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gadzoox
Apr 28th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Xmen 2!
Nightcrawler r0013z j00 a11!
:)

ToxicUK
Apr 29th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Matrix [Reloaded]!!!

Matrix
May 2nd, 2003, 10:40 AM
have you heard the news???????

X2 is considered the best sequal ever made!!!!!

It is being compared to empire strikes back!!!!!!!!

my question is when matrix reloaded comes out you think it will be considered a better sequal then X2 cause I have my doubts if matrix reloaded will be a better sequal than X2 but at the same time reloaded is still goin to rule!!!!!!!

goin to see X2 today!!!

tell you all about it after I see it, boo-ya!!!!!!

ssjtrunks13
May 2nd, 2003, 02:57 PM
I guess I should stay away from this thread til after next weekend, that's when I go to see the movie. As for the Matrix Reloaded, I'll be surprised if I actually see it before it's released to video/dvd. Both movies look cool, but I don't think one will be better than the other.

happy_doughnut
May 2nd, 2003, 03:59 PM
I'll be seeing X-men this weeked, hopefully.

So, yep...
X-Men 2 for me. :shappy:

DragonSphere
May 2nd, 2003, 08:10 PM
Seeing X2 early morning Sunday...much cheaper that way. BTW, read a review of it in the newspaper, and to sum it up:

All action, but hardly any emotion, (which, hopefully, isn't that bad). Basically consists of Magneto w/ henchmen vs. Stryker and plan to eradicate entire mutant race...leaving the X-Men hanging in the middle.

I'm still gonna see it though. :D

ssjtrunks13
May 2nd, 2003, 08:37 PM
I also read a negative review of the movie in the newspaper. It said it was basically Xavier Vs. Magneto, that's what I got from it at least.

Sleazy P Martini
May 2nd, 2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

[b]Why didn't you put the new terminator in there.[b]

I just watched the trailer................a girl terminator? :disturb:

Call me sexist if you like but I think its just a cheap ploy to sell tickets. Arnolds getting old so maybe they felt the need to "sexy it up"

oh and the "she'll be back" line .... pretty clever guys!!

Damn Hollywood..............More Cheese Pleaze!!!:blergh:

Oh and back to topic, MATRIX!!!!!!

XxmandykissezxX
May 3rd, 2003, 11:50 AM
I just saw X2 last night...holy crap it was amazing! I saw one of the previews for Reloaded though, there's so much computer animated stuff..which isn't bad at all! I hope it's as good as the first though :).

ssjtrunks13
May 3rd, 2003, 04:55 PM
The thing I remember most from the trailer of Reloaded I saw is that someone was holding a katana.

MakgSnake
May 3rd, 2003, 10:22 PM
Those people holding Katanas are the Twins. Twin 1 and Twin 2. Thats what they are called as well. They seem pretty cool. Hmmmm.....I wonder from where Kojima came up with "Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes"....... :peoples: Naah...

Neway. I am dying to see T3 as well........... but this Matrix hype is killing me. I cant take too much of all this....... Matrix+T3+MGS3+MetalGearSolid: Twin Snakes = Totally gona insane!

Qjij_jijQ
May 4th, 2003, 05:36 AM
I think that The Matrix is WAY overated !

I was lookin' foward to X2 so much more than The Matrix Reloaded. I've seen some reviews of X2 and they were much, much better than the ones I've seen about M.R....

Here, I took the liberty of doin' some "copy-paste", to show you a part of a somewhat 'bad' review from someone who had the chance to see it:
-
-
-
-
*Spoilers* ( kinda... not really :P )
-
-
-
-

"The story is no longer thought-provoking. You no longer care for its characters and the thus, the film no longer reaches out to your emotions. The film just seems to drag on for the entire first hour, looking more like a Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome entry than a sci-fi flick, with long stretches of dialogue that seem to go on forever."

Matrix
May 4th, 2003, 02:55 PM
now that I have seen X2 I think that reloaded is gonaa be a let down just a bit, and I also think it won't be as good. X2 is probably the BEST movie I have seen since.....ever!!!!

The best part is the endind it is so frickin cool, it leaves you in a cliff hanger sort of but also sums up almost everything.

MakgSnake
May 5th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Matrix

now that I have seen X2 I think that reloaded is gonaa be a let down just a bit, and I also think it won't be as good. X2 is probably the BEST movie I have seen since.....ever!!!!
I cant believe, YOU have said that. You liked X2 more then the first Matrix???.... Hmmmm.........well it seems intresting seeing that you saying it. But still.......I have to watch X2 to pass a comment on it.

ssjtrunks13
May 5th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Same here, but I heard from someone at school that X2 is much better than the first one. I just wanted to know if anyone here thought the same thing.

MakgSnake
May 7th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Just saw X2 last night and as I said in the other thread, this movie was amazing..... excellent. It wasn't like usual "no story, all action" movie. Excellent music too..... My fav was Night Crawler!!!

But trust me....... I just know it, that Reloaded will be much much better!.!....!

Hero
May 8th, 2003, 07:27 PM
X Men 2 owns...

stormshadow
May 9th, 2003, 11:02 PM
I think both movies are going to do great and I will watch both of them many times. However the movie I want to see the most is the new Hulk movie. From what I have seen and heard it seems like it will do pretty well. Especially with Marvel fans.

trunks69420
May 12th, 2003, 11:21 AM
I saw x2 and i liked it a whole hell of a lot... very good sequel.... As for the matrix... I am not sure if with all the hype it can be that good at all. I know for sure that i will enjoy it w/ all the action in it... but i am not so sure it will captivate me as the first one did. But i hope i am proven wrong and am an idiot for all ive said... I will let you guys know thurs night after i see matrix:reloaded..

Preventer Wind
May 12th, 2003, 06:31 PM
I have seen X2 and I must say it rocks. Better then the first one. And I also think that The Matrix is a little over rated. But then again I loved the movie. But as for X2 being the greatest movie ever....nah. It didn't leave me in a cliff hanger because I know what happens. Which might be the problem. That and Gambit wasn't in the movie :(

I just don't see the point of another Matrix. I mean...isn't Neo supposed to be unstoppable now? Don't get me wrong the movie looks awesome and will probably blow out Daddy Day Care :laugh:

T3 doesn't look that good. I really didn't like the first one but the second was good. As for a woman terminator....well I just don't like the idea...

dan da man
May 13th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Matrix for me. I just cant wait for this film, been looking forward for it for years.

ssjtrunks13
May 19th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Those people holding Katanas are the Twins. Twin 1 and Twin 2.

I just saw the movie and found it was Morpheus holding it in his left hand, does anyone know if he's left-handed? The movie was awesome and it did look better than X2, but I expected that as it took them a longer time with this movie. How it ended was awesome, I guess we'll have to wait for the final movie.

synicalgohan91
May 20th, 2003, 05:08 PM
i have seen the matrix reloaded but i have not seen x2 when i went to the movies to go see the movies i thought i was going to see x2, but the tickets my friend got matrix tickets and man i wish he got the x2 tickets. from what i have heard about x2 it sounds awsome and the fact that my favorite character is in the movie this time is cool. ( nightcrawler )