PDA

View Full Version : God, I Hate Thieves!!!!!

Frozen
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:54 PM
MOTHAF*****

Three days ago I happily enter my room, after a pretty rough day at work, then I'm going to play the Wind Waker, and I don't find it, so I look for it like crazy, ask my room mates if the baby took it or something, but nothing.

Then I realize that I don't see Morrowind, or RE for GC.

And then, I finally notice that my only PS2 game left is FFX.

12 god damned games disappeared, and it seems it was the maintainance guy, but there is no way to prove it, although I don't think it was my room mates, I trust them, plus some of their music CD's disappeared as well.

So yeah, f*** it, I'm gonna buy a mod chip for my PS 2 and begin buying bootlegs, because I'm not spending another 500 dollars which is more or less what I spent in all those games.

I'm quite upset.

Love ya'll.

Piggle_humsy
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:01 PM
What a ****head!! God People like that make me sick! you should get a camera set it up and boast about new games near him! then catch him on tape!
Why cant people just keep their filthy fingers to themselves!
I'm really sorry to hear that! It even makes me mad just thinking about it!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Esjay
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Shit, that sucks. I usually keep my stuff locked up, just in case something like that happened. I suppose this person wasn't a big RPG fan, then. Poor FFX, it's so bad, nobody will even STEAL it...just kidding.

Infernal Mass
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:55 PM
that some seriously messed up shit man, i'd get the mod chip too if that happen to me

DigiMortal
- peace

ssjtrunks13
Apr 9th, 2003, 03:34 PM
That's some messed up sh**, I ended up spending money on a second GBC after it had been stolen from my gym locker and I don't think there was a game in there. I don't know what I'd do if stuff worth that much was stolen from me.

MakgSnake
Apr 9th, 2003, 03:35 PM
HolySh*t thats so bad, I can totally understand how you feel man, cause it has happened to me.......but the person who stole my "Sega Genesis" games were my own good friends, which made me stop meeting them ever since.

I am really sorry to hear all that man. Why dont you call them up and tell them what happened. But serioulsy....... I am really sorry to hear that. Its probably the worst news for a gamer.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Pff...what a douchebag...when you find them...destroy them..

DSgamer
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:11 PM
damn dude, if u can prove that he stole ur games then kick his ass and force him 2 give u back yer games

David
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Basically I don't let anyone touch my things, or go in my room. If someone like a maintance man, or some other worker dude, is stealing my stuff, ill deliver them something to them. Games are expencive, I'll kill, if I have to get'em back.....will you know what I mean. Good luck catchin the thief, or finding it.

merylsilverburg
Apr 9th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by gamer

damn dude, if u can prove that he stole ur games then kick his ass and force him 2 give u back yer games

Right on, I agree. :mad:

But Frozen, I'm really sorry to hear about that. :( All those games and all that money....:(

Vicious_2003
Apr 9th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Hmmm knowing my tempor id probably fly off the handle smashing things...eventually the maintence mans face. What I would do is id ask him to come in and fix something . When he enters id close the door behind him. Thats when he notices that 5 of my closest and toughest friends just so happen to be surrounding him all of a sudden . Thats when he gets his ass interrogated. Id say I get my games back...and you dont get your ass beat. Or ofcourse you could try and trick him verbally. Id say somehting like someone broke into my apartment and stole some things...you know where I can get new ones at a low price ? . If he suggests a game store or something...bam youve got him. Its a long shot but id try it.

Redpyramidhead
Apr 9th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

So yeah, f*** it, I'm gonna buy a mod chip for my PS 2 and begin buying bootlegs, because I'm not spending another 500 dollars which is more or less what I spent in all those games.

I'm quite upset.

Love ya'll.

Wouldn't playing bootlegged games make you a theif yourself and essentially no better than the guy who stole from you? hmmm............actually I'm not sure how I feel about that...on one hand its fair to you cuz it would just totally suck if you had to spend all that money again, but on the other hand...eh Sony can afford it nevermind.:laugh: Then again, some of the smaller developer companies. I guess it raises a new topic. Do people here think it's a big deal to play bootlegged games? The more people playing bootlegged games, the more it effects everyone in the long run. *shrug*

_RED_ stuff

goodman
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:15 PM
Goodgobbledy gooks, man, bummer for sure. I havent had a roomate or a maintenance man for over 20 years, thanks for reminding me why...

kittens&cats
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:17 AM
hey sorry frozen about your games getting stolen gosh does
anyone care had hard you work on buying those games but
do i know how you feel my long time when i had nintedo
my brother sort of friend took a game call fester quest and you
probably read that someone stole my halloween stuff even know
they don't cost much as the games be it still make me mad when
my stuff was stolen

Beretta55
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:33 AM
That really suck's. the same thing has happened to me. when i was younger and the 64 was out. i spent the night at a friend's house he had 4 other people there as well. next morning my No mercy game was nowhere to be found.......pissed me off......but oh well.
hope you get your game's back though.

Frozen
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

Wouldn't playing bootlegged games make you a theif yourself and essentially no better than the guy who stole from you? hmmm............actually I'm not sure how I feel about that...on one hand its fair to you cuz it would just totally suck if you had to spend all that money again, but on the other hand...eh Sony can afford it nevermind.:laugh: Then again, some of the smaller developer companies. I guess it raises a new topic. Do people here think it's a big deal to play bootlegged games? The more people playing bootlegged games, the more it effects everyone in the long run. *shrug*

_RED_ stuff

I see your point, but then look at mine.

I have a belief about games: you pay for the work that has been put into a game. And by work I'm not only talking about the efforts and development put on the game, but the costs and all that stuff.

Well, once I bought a game, I paid for all that.

But then I buy a bootleg of a game I had previously bought. I'm just buying a copy of all that work that had been put in the original.

Thus, I'm stealing nothing, I'm just paying the price for a DVD, but not a whole game.

Now, if I buy bootlegs of original copies I had never bought, then maybe I could be compared to the thief, even though not as bad, sinc the mother fu**er did not pay a single penny for all the shit he got.

And there's several maintainance guys in the complex, plus the management sucks ass, that's why I'm moving in 2 weeks from that shithole. But there's nothing I can do about my games, I just lost them and I accept it.

Time to move on :B

goodman
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Even better idea, Frozen, is to just buy what few games that you were going to play or replay when you get the money (by then they will be much less). That saves the trouble of buying a modchip, screwing up your ps2, and basically giving up gaming out of frustration. You will find honesty pays off for several reasons in the long run. And there is definitely no guarantee with backups, i know that from experience... I dont think that many people play copied ps2 games in the U.S. so getting them may not be as easy as you think...

MakgSnake
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:48 PM
For some people ModChip is a life saver. I think totally the opposite way. Frozen I totally understand where you are coming from but goodman does have a point. The games you really wanna play right now, go for them. I know how you feel, as I was kinda sad about what happened with ya too when I read that. But still, when a car gets stolen, you dont make a cardboardBox car out of it. You save money and buy a new one in the future.

Still...its your call, but seriously ModChip really do screw video game systems. And how are you gonna get one for GameCube, isn't that impossible or people have actually made way out of it.

Still.... hope you get your games back by even a miracle.

fantasytiger
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:29 PM
that does suck and alot of people can be a$$ clowns but what you need to do is buy a small spy camera and borrow new games something you think the crook would take then leave it in an abovious place in view not to obvious though then you conceal the camera somewhere where you can see the games or the area and then you sit back and let it tape. besides it will cost you alot less and if you catch the thief you eliminate the rat and you get your stuff back.

P.s do not and I mean do not let anyone know its there unless you really really trust them.

your choice..........

dan da man
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:44 AM
GOD! that's bad, I feel for ya, I got some gear stole once, I yould prove it, that he nicked it, then kik his ass with proof, but have you informed the cops?

EDIT: you know if you have a modchip for your xbox, you cant go on xbox live.

Frozen
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:21 PM
That's why I have even thought about buying the three systems again, one with modchip and one without :B :roll:

Well, what goodman says is true, it's quite hard to find the freaking bootlegs here.

In order to play with the gamecube, all you have to do is take out the cover of the console, and voila, you can play copies, Makg.

I know I'll definitely buy again Zelda, the Wind Waker, since it's the game I was playing these days, until that fa66ot stole it.

I don't think I'll buy again MGS2, because I'm gonna get Substance which is already out for PS2 (and by the way, has anyone played it already? Is it better than the X Box version, or not?)

The thing is that right now I have NO MONEY to spend on video games, and that's why I'm most pissed, the bastard had to steal my games when I'm going through a crucial financial situation. If I was rich I probably would not give a damn. :mad:

Got DOA2 for PS2 stolen, well, I'll get DOA 3 for X Box, got stolen Onimusha, I'll buy Onimusha 2.

Got stolen CVS 2 for PS2, but I got a japanese version in Dreamcast :laugh:

Oh well, is not that bad, it's just the money I lost which I worked my ass so hard to get, that hurts me :disturb:

BlackThornn
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

MOTHAF*****

Three days ago I happily enter my room, after a pretty rough day at work, then I'm going to play the Wind Waker, and I don't find it, so I look for it like crazy, ask my room mates if the baby took it or something, but nothing.

Then I realize that I don't see Morrowind, or RE for GC.

And then, I finally notice that my only PS2 game left is FFX.

12 god damned games disappeared, and it seems it was the maintainance guy, but there is no way to prove it, although I don't think it was my room mates, I trust them, plus some of their music CD's disappeared as well.

I'm quite upset.

Love ya'll.

Bugger proof, search the guy's room. If you find them, take them back. If he tries to stop you, kick the **** outta him.

In case you can't tell, I despise theives too.

David
Apr 16th, 2003, 02:31 PM
To be honest, friends can decieve you too. I know, I had a friend that I trusted alot,and he stole my walkman. I got it back, but I was this close knocking him down head first.

FOE FOR LIFE!!!
/\____________^_______________
Relax abit> /
____/
BETTER HIDE!!! > /
/
My Anger line when I found out.
/
PISSED!!!!> /
/
/
/
/
TICK!!!> /
/
Trust /
____^_____/

Frozen
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:19 PM
My two roomates are two adult lesbians with a baby. They are people I trust, and which I know they would not steal the games from me, they really don't have any use for them, plus they make much more money than I do.

And there are several maintainance guys in the complex so it's kind of impossible to guess who of those is the idiot that stole my stuff.

Oh well, at least this coming friday I'm moving to a much, much better complex than that piece of shit I live in right now. And I'll have intrusion alarm over there as well.

I'm happy about that :happy:

David
Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:49 PM
Oh..... OK, well thats cool. Hope you be safe at your new home. Get a alarm for your room. When your not there.;) :laugh:

stormshadow
May 9th, 2003, 11:17 PM
I just got done reading your thread and lets just say the only thing I could do was cry. The man that stole your stuff should get the chop and I'm not talking about his foreskin.

Frozen
May 12th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Oh, and not only that, a couple of days ago I realized Metroid Prime and the bonus disc that came with Zelda are missing too, thus rendering my GC useless without any games to play with :(

And my car broke too. Life is so full of shit XD

trunks69420
May 12th, 2003, 11:41 AM
What a dickass... I wont repeat the obvious but damn i would kill anyone who stole from me and i knew about it... You should set up a donation fund thing for you:)
Thieves are nothing but low down pieces of shite.. although i have stolen several pieces of candy from the tops' bulk candy section... i am such a criminal;)
Good luck w/ the new place... (oh and mmmm... lesbians:)) Sorry had to interject that last thought... Let us know how everything turns out man.. later

Deathwatchz
May 15th, 2003, 10:43 PM
That reminds me of a very similar situation that happened to me. My brothers ex seemed like she was a cool person, and i had just gotten my PS 1, so I let her borrow my Super nintendo with all of my games. they got in a fight, and she ended up going into his apartment and stole all of his stuff, including his tv, ps, bed, shower curtains EVERYTHING!! came to about $2500 in stuff... another thing is the fact that her dad was rich, and she had thousands in the bank, but she stole all my games and my system too!!! i had 55-60 games with that thing!!!!! it was about $1500 worth of stuff from me, and i was a F&*%ing 12 year-old for god's sake!!! I hate people like that man, believe me, I feel your pain!!