PDA

View Full Version : acount probs

fantasytiger
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:47 PM
i was just woundering if anyone can tell me why i can't seem to log on to this site from any other comp but the ones in my school

Pu the Owl
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:03 PM
That's probably because at home you're using a banned IP address. If some banned member is sharing IPs with you, you obviously can't login.

fantasytiger
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:21 PM
how can I adjust it or fix it or whatever, can I??

Pu the Owl
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:23 PM
If it's really a problem with IPs, there's not much to do. IPs are often dynamic, this meaning they can change. One day you have this problem, the day after the problem is gone. Depends on your internet provider.

Kimahri
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Yeah, those IP'S are changing every now and then. You would actually have to go to another internet provider to change your IP completely, but it rarely happens when an IP like that is changed to a banned members IP, but IP's are big trouble with those banner ads and pop-ups.:)

Hylas
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Kimahri, popups and ads have nothing to do with IPs and fantasytiger's troubles.

Kimahri
Apr 12th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Then why do some pop-ups have your IP address has won and stuff like that?

Pu the Owl
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Kimahri, we're talking about banned IPs and forums login, not about popups and banner ads. This was fantasytiger's problem, she has no problems with pop-ups at the moment :laugh:

Kimahri
Apr 13th, 2003, 12:38 PM
No, I was just saying all the bad stuff that Ip's have to offer, like hackers can use it to get into comps. and stuff. I figured it out when Hylas and you posted that she was having login problems. its kinda hard to understand me.

fantasytiger
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:56 AM
thanks for all your help guys i am just trying to make sure I can get into the site when I am outta school over the summer

Kimahri
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:56 PM
I'm Glad To See You Happy FantasyTiger. :)

p.s. sorry for the misunderstanding, didn't mean it. :(

dan da man
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by fantasytiger

thanks for all your help guys i am just trying to make sure I can get into the site when I am outta school over the summer

What do you mean, are you locked up there?:laugh: