PDA

View Full Version : Insist this Chirac !!

Vicious_2003
Apr 8th, 2003, 10:12 PM
I just saw on Fox News that in a some kind of press conference the President of France with the support of the leadar of Russia (Cant spell Chirac* name and dont care for the name of the German) INSISTED that the U.N have complete and utter control over the rebuilding of Iraq. It makes me wonder..."WHO THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE !?" . They stay out of the war completely...stand firmly against it and all of a sudden they want control after the U.S and Britain troops fight and die to gain it. I say Bull s*it !. I hope Bush tells them to go to hell. The only reason they,..... Especially the French want a part in the reconstruction is because they see it as thier hinge point for contolling a share of the oil in the middle east. Thier motives are no more humanitarian than The United States. And in fact probably lesser. Sure France and the U.N would throw some money at the project but you know in the end the U.S is going to be footing the brunt of the bill. And we allready pay out more in foreign aid than the rest of the world combigned (Nearly). I just dont see where France and Russia get off making demands when they havent lifted a finger to liberate Iraq

BlackThornn
Apr 8th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Pretentious political manuvering.. just a sad testimonial to how ineffective the UN was as a true peacekeeping body, unfortunately. It's nothing but a venue for political agenda.

And Iraq should be run by Iraqis. America and Britain need to finish off the Regime, install an interim government, repair the oil facilities NOT FOR PROFIT, then get the fuck out of there.

The UN would only bog down the progress of a new iraqi government.

Oh, and after we get done with making this "free" Iraq that Bush & Blair keep yapping about? This country's administration needs to get off it's fucking ass and fix Afghanistan, killing the last of the Taliban and providing enough aide so that the nation's "army" (consisting of a half a division of troops) and police force can actually be EQUIPPED and PAID (which they haven't been for months)

Vicious_2003
Apr 8th, 2003, 11:37 PM
I hope that whoever is put in charge of iraq can eventually bring a sense od peace to thier war torn people. It will certainly be a long drwn out process. Also as U said I hope Thet this liberation continues in the Middle East. There is no reason for any people in the world to live in constant fear or famine..there is far too much wealth for it to be horded in ANY way by ANY people regaurdless of soical or political status. Hopefully our friendly position in Iraq after its complete liberation will provide a better point of view as far as middle east terrorism goes. I agree thier should be as little american occupation as possible in Iraq..but of course thier will surely be some to a degree.