PDA

View Full Version : The new Contra

Azuma_Ninja
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Contra was one of my fav games back on the nes. Who could forget the awesome konami code:happy: What I want to know is how is the new Contra? I've heard it's really hard, but that's cool. I find almost all games these days to be easy. Rpg's are a different story though. Anyways if anyone has played this game can you tell me what you think/thought of it? Thanks

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 03:15 PM
I liked it a lot, the boss battles are intense, and it has a perfect amount of challenge, I was even a little bad at it at first, and I've beaten Contra and Super C on my nes before. But if you're expecting an experience exactly like the NES games, you'll probably be dissapointed. Think Metal Slug with 3D effects. It's good, rent it first though, because it's short as shit.

stuartb
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:45 PM
contra is definately a patience tester.its a great little old school game(if old school is what u like).havent played it as much as id like to.to tell the truth i 4got i had it.this thread has reminded me and i will go and play it.thanx

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:51 PM
I rented the newest Contra but to tell the truth I found it dissapointing to play. It did not have the same old-school feel as the old one did to say the least.:mad:

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:58 AM
I finally got to plya the new Contra and I personally think the game is great. It reminds me of the older contra's but with the new 3D effects thrown in their. The only thing I don't like about the game is that you can't get the classic weapons like you could in the NES games........ohh well maybe next time.

happy_doughnut
Jun 17th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Aye, I liked the old Contras better, too. They were just more unique, ya know ?

And like Azuma said, the weapon inventory wasn't exactly nice. I preferred having the scroll menu, like before. I mean, being able to shoot down those eagles (O.o) to get new weapons was just more exciting as opposed to having only three guns to choose from.

The good side of that, though, is that you don't have to worry about you getting killed and losing your lazer gun in the middle of a boss fight (not that the lazers were that useful anyway >.>; ) !

I actually like the length of the game. Had it been longer, it ran the risk of becoming cheesy. It's level of difficulty would have probably decreased, too.

Yeah, it's short, but it's hard. Man, try getting that Konami movie. How can you get a rank S, dammit !?! :mad:

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 17th, 2003, 09:49 PM
originally posted by ZeroSniper

Yeah, it's short, but it's hard. Man, try getting that Konami movie. How can you get a rank S, dammit !?!:mad:

Not easily from what I've heard. I didn't even know how the hit rate% worked untill I checked the net.

blindman
Jun 17th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Thinking about the Contra games make me feel a bit nostalgic.
The new contra? its pretty cool in my eye. I kinda thought...even though the graphics where OBVIOUSLy lots of generations more advance, i thought it was somethin a console like Playstation could had done...or maybe not.
Still not such a big Contra fan, i mean..theres METAL SLUG!

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 18th, 2003, 01:25 AM
I haven't played Metal Slug:( I've only heard good things about the game too.

blindman
Jun 18th, 2003, 07:13 AM
Oh its amazing, i think it was made by the same company that started Contra (Konami).

blindman
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:04 PM
I just found out it isnt:laugh: