PDA

View Full Version : Dbz Ultimate Battle 22 ??

ludaman99
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:58 PM
i was wondering if this game is any good as it was originally made for playstation ive heard that the playstation 2 version of dbz budokai wasnt too great so i would like to know if anyone thinks this one is better or if i should just play the ps2 version

Vic Viper
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:17 AM
if you think the budakai is bad this one's even worse, my advice stay away from this game.

Preventer Wind
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:56 PM
Well it is a ps1 import. I would have bought the game when it first came out but I was never going to waste the money. It was a good game when it came out. I got to rent it 2x and I would say it is worth it if you are a hardcore DBZ fan. Though you can get the same thing with better graphics in Budokai.

Azuma_Ninja
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:21 AM
I own the the import version of the game. This game has one of the best selections of characters that is untill budokai came out. If your a dbz fan you'll prolly like it especially some of the extra characters (SS3 Goku!!). I recommend try it before you buy it though, it might not be what you expected.

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 5th, 2003, 02:00 PM
The game may have a lot of characters.But the game itself is extremely limited.When I say that I mean REALLY LIMITED.When fighting you can choose to fight on the ground or up in the air at a height that is assigned there is no inbetween.There are like 2 general moves for each character along with some smaller ones.I say go with Budokai is your thirsty for a DBZ fighter.

Azuma_Ninja
Apr 5th, 2003, 05:17 PM
I agree with SSSnake. Go with budokai you'll be happier.

ssjtrunks13
Apr 5th, 2003, 09:51 PM
I've already got Budokai, but that will not keep me from this game. As long as it's better than Legacy of Goku I'm all for it, I'm a big fan but Legacy of Goku is really short.

Azuma_Ninja
Apr 5th, 2003, 09:55 PM
I've never played Legacy of Goku how is it?

ssjtrunks13
Apr 5th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Very short, max level is 25, there's a glitch that makes it easy, and who you learn moves from is off. You learn solar flare from an old man, Kamehameha from King Kai, and start off with a normal ki blast and punches. Though you can fly and there's may be 2 parts where you might get stuck at. I'd say you might want to just rent it once or twice because of how short it is.

Azuma_Ninja
Apr 6th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Maybe I'll give it a try. My bro's got a gameboy advance, now alls I have to do is get him to let me use it

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 03:22 PM
If you really want a DBZ fighting game, just get DBZ Budokai, it's not that bad and it's infinitely better than Ultimate Battle 22.

Azuma_Ninja
Apr 7th, 2003, 03:26 PM
I remember way back in the day when i got GT Final Bout. It's def not a fast paced fighter but there was still some cool moments, like when you got to knock the other persons beams away, reflect them back etc..... DBZ legends is also pretty good. I never did finish that one though.

Zanku
May 25th, 2003, 01:02 PM
DBZ Ultimate Battle 22 (changes to 23 if you get secret character) is terrible...i brought this game because it looked really good, and the artwork was cool on the box, but i played it and took it back the same day. First fight was so jerky and you could only do a VERY limited ammount of moves. Second battle it crashed :laugh:
I think Budokai is good, i got that for Christmas and was very impressed, and the fighting was really exciting to begin with!! Ultimate Battle 22 isnt worth the plastic and paper it is made from, Budokai however probably is.

Chaos
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:43 PM
I higly prefer you play Dragon Ball GT Final Bout!
its probably the best DBZ game ever created!
oh ya....stay away from UB22 its hazzerdous to you gaming health^ ^;

NOTE: UB22=Ultimate Battle 22

i hope everyone agrees with me ^ ^;

~*Chaos*~

omni vengeance
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:33 PM
come on even a guy that worked in wal mart told me that GT was the worst dbz game out there. he said the only purpose of buying it is to sell it for more

Chaos
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:28 AM
oh yea,speaking of leagecy of goku! it was the worst game i've ever played! i remember that hide and seek game with the seseme street people game for the regular nintendo, it was a tousand timez better than the legacy of goku!!!!:laugh:
*siiiiiiiiigh*
those where the good ol' days.....................

~*Chaos*~

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:31 AM
originally posted by omni vengeance

come on even a guy that worked in wal mart told me that GT was the worst dbz game out there. he said the only purpose of buying it is to sell it for more

I think GT is 100X better than UB 22. At least GT tried to make it look like you were playing in the DB universe with all the cool energy beams and deflections etc... Plus if you look hard enough you'll find one of the coolest hidden characters of all times. SS4 Goku!!!!

omni vengeance
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:48 PM
tru, tru. i mean come on ub22 didnt even have a story mode!!!