PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider is gonna 0WN!

Infernal Mass
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:48 PM
Ha, but to bad Core design has no intention of releasing this game.. > :mad: It's lame...really lame what Core and Eidos are up to. Those dirty.. dirty bastards. Only the hardcore devotees of the series are eagerly anticipating this game. For me though..i'm over it.

It's like, if the games arrives cool..it's all good. I'm not as excited about it as i was.

http://gamefixx.compusa.com/product_images/images/full/59/295159_f.gif
4/22/03

DigiMortal
-I remember.. :laugh:XD..I remember when i went in to reserve this game back in october..:laugh:.

Vic Viper
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:56 PM
oh god, PLEASE !! no more delays..:mad:

and yes this game will r0xxxxx0rrr;)

MakgSnake
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:41 PM
Yeah I hate those CORE and EIDOS people as well for delaying this game "thinking" that they'll come up with something that'll blow people up. Already I have read 5-6 mags bashing Tomb Raider and how bad its gonig to be. THEY deserve to be called BAD VIDEO GAME MAKER.

Still........ same here. I'll buy this game, but then I am a fan of the series. This game aint gonna sell...........unless the unthinkable happens.

ssjtrunks13
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:19 PM
This is sad news, I'm at the same point as DigiMortal. If it comes out, cool I'll get it but if it doesn't than I won't worry about. This is very frustrating.

DSgamer
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:37 PM
dude, if this game gets delayed again, im not gonna buy it

dan da man
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by gamer

dude, if this game gets delayed again, im not gonna buy it

Hmmmmmmmmm, I will, but the delays are bad. lets just hope they made a better TR NOT by adding a new jump or guns.

Infernal Mass
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:04 PM
i saw some footage on g4 i've never seen before. The game looks great in motion, classic style gameplay but better graphics. Which is cool, from the early footage i saw i didn't like the way the camera worked. Looks like Core fixed that problem up.

DigiMortal
- TY G4tv

Preventer Wind
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:06 PM
I never had any intention of buying this game. Did they not already make the last of the series? Ok maybe one that reflects on the past but please it is nothing but a cheap method of advertising. The only game that is the worth the time is the second one. The others have all blown and I am sick and tired of Lara Croft. Couldn't they come out with another movie instead? That actually had good graphics :laugh:

Infernal Mass
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:01 PM
my favorite was the second one too, hell who am i kidding they're all good to me. i like the plot and style of the first game. The second game turned it up a notch as far as overall adventure. That game had alot of style too. The third game was alright, my favorite level is Area 51 on that one. The last level of three is still the toughest for me. Part 4 was fun, sorta better looking that the previous games. The only bad thing i have to say about 4 is they took out her house and the chapter select. Which was lame..and 5 reminded me alot of part 3 but it was a better game than three.

DigiMortal
- i haven't played the PC TR's

dan da man
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

my favorite was the second one too, hell who am i kidding they're all good to me. i like the plot and style of the first game. The second game turned it up a notch as far as overall adventure. That game had alot of style too. The third game was alright too, my favorite level is Area 51 on that one. The last level of three is still the toughest for me. Part 4 was fun, sorta better looking that the previous games. The only bad thing i have to say about 4 is they took out her house and the chapter select. Which was lame..and 5 reminded me alot of part 3 but it was a better game than three.

DigiMortal
- i haven't played the PC TR's

I agree, part 2 is the best, all of them are good, but part 4 and part 5 did'nt keep me playing long.

MakgSnake
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Tomb Raider Pushed Back Again
While sites like our own have begun posting ads for Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness and retail stores have remained fixed with dates suggesting that Core's newest iteration in the popular series is coming this April, sadly it is not to be.

Eidos is staying mum on the game's release, but reports from well-connected sources and even well-connected analysts have confirmed that Angel of Darkness could well be delayed until summer. The fact is the game is not done, and Eidos will not release it until it's ready. You know the old saying about wine? Well, it's Eidos' new policy we suspect that no game shall be sold before it's date. No really a rhyme, but so be it.

Source (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/392/392445p1.html)

Man, this really really sucks. I really HATE those people working on this game. They are plain Stupid $%#%$# #$%#$ #@%. SERIOUSLY. This is going DOWN. BIG TIME NOW!

Vic Viper
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:49 PM
wtf, delayed again.:frust: :frust: :frust:

Infernal Mass
Apr 5th, 2003, 06:16 PM
:boom:

DigiMortal
- *breaks things*

Preventer Wind
Apr 6th, 2003, 02:58 AM
aren't they doing another Fear Effect?

Esjay
Apr 6th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Hey, aren't you guys forgetting that delays mean a better tweaked game with extras and things like that? Which would you rather have, an unpolished version of the game with no secrets or extras and plenty of glitches, or a fine tuned supreme version of the game? I think the latter of those choices would be worth the wait of a couple months.

Infernal Mass
Apr 6th, 2003, 03:12 PM
that's a good point esjay but that's not the reason the game is being delayed.

DigiMortal
- it's not a coincidence that the movie and game are being released around the same time.

Infernal Mass
Apr 18th, 2003, 08:23 PM
opening sequence for tomb raider AOD.

here:

http://angelfire.lycos.com/mi4/coltrailerfull1/opening.zip

DigiMortal
- also here's the footage i saw on G4tv
http://www.g4tv.com/video/G4_EBSP_LCTR-TAOD.zip

dan da man
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:14 AM

opening sequence for tomb raider AOD.

here:

http://angelfire.lycos.com/mi4/coltrailerfull1/opening.zip

DigiMortal
- also here's the footage i saw on G4tv
http://www.g4tv.com/video/G4_EBSP_LCTR-TAOD.zip

Im not going to spoil the game.:D

Infernal Mass
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Angelina is all natural..

DigiMortal
- except for her lips, they may have silicone in them. :laugh:

Vic Viper
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by goodman

I had never seen her in anything until Tomb Raider, then i saw her in Pushing Tin, which is the movie where she met her hubby Billie Ray Thornton. She looks real nice in that movie, the lip thing doesnt do it for me, nice bod, though...

you must see "Gia" :D best movie she made, imo.

anyway this chick owns jolie:pimp: :lick:

http://www.tombraider.com/models/dejong1.jpg

Vic Viper
May 2nd, 2003, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE]Tomb Raider: AoD Pushed Back (Again)
By James Brightman -- Staff Writer
Published 1:11 PM CDT May 2, 2003

The game's official webpage reveals a change of release date...

If you were one of those people anxiously awaiting an all-new Tomb Raider, I have some bad news for you. Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, which was expected to ship sometime in late spring / early summer, has now quietly slipped back into a "early Q4 2003" release for the PlayStation 2 and PC. Basically that means you won't see it until the fall of this year. Interestingly, many retailers still have ship dates of June, but I'm sure they'll be changing that soon enough.

You may recall that AoD was originally planned for a November 2002 release, was moved to February 2003, and then delayed until April. I guess this latest delay shouldn't be that surprising then. After all these postponements, when the game finally does release, we can only hope good use of the time was made to create a highly polished title.

AoD is supposed to reinvent the Tomb Raider series with a "new Lara" that has a "new attitude." This time around, there will even be some RPG aspects if you want to call them that. Lara will be able to improve her abilities depending on how you play the game. As you solve puzzles and explore, you'll be rewarded in the form of improvements to Lara's strength, stamina and agility. Another interesting aspect is that for the very first time in a Tomb Raider game, Lara has the ability to talk to characters. The choices you make in conversation will affect Lara's route through the game, possibly adding some replay value.

Stick to GamerFeed for all the latest on Tomb Raider: AoD[QUOTE]

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Infernal Mass
May 2nd, 2003, 06:45 PM
Alot of sources have been getting mixed up with the date. The game is still slated for june.

The whole mix up comes from the whole "Q4" statement. When eidos made that announcement they were referring to quarter 4 of thier own financial year rather than the fourth quarter of the year. Quarter 4 of Eidos Interactive's finacial year ends on June 30th. TR:AOD is due out before then.

Vic Viper
May 2nd, 2003, 06:59 PM

Alot of sources have been getting mixed up with the date. The game is still slated for june.

:arrr:

Infernal Mass
May 2nd, 2003, 07:09 PM
got this from the new core design website..they got some other collectibles too like TR fan-kit and stuff..

http://www.core-design.com/downloads/traod.jpg

direct download (http://www.core-design.com/downloads/traod.wmz)

Jubei
May 7th, 2003, 10:44 AM
lol dont know what you guys are fussing about, when the states finally does get it, and you all post about how good/bad it is, I'll be stuck in EU with no AoD, and only Grandia X to keep me occupied :(

Vicious_2003
May 9th, 2003, 10:18 PM
I think this Image best describes my thoughts on this game --) :bang: . To me the Tomb Raider games....absolutely EVERY one of them,.. were steaming piles of dog mess. Crappy Graphics...VERY crappy controls, and a crappy storyline..hmm I think its safe to say thats down right CRAPPY. The Tomb Raider series is DEAD. Theres no use in beating a dead horse and in this instance theyve allready beaten the poor dead horse theyre setting its blood soaked remians on fire and placing it on our door steps in a brown paper bag (Get the reference ?) . They released multiple sequals to this game hoping that its name alone would sell it. And now all of a sudden they want to try and actually IMPROVE upon the game...even if I were a fan of the series I wouldnt buy this game no matter how good people said it was. Lara Croft has lost her appeal anyway...I prolly wont even go see the next TR movie in theatres like I did the last....so as the valley girls would say "Tomb Raider is soooooo 2 years ago"

Infernal Mass
May 14th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Eidos Interactive have today announced the release dates of Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness and The Italian Job, at E3 in Los Angeles - ending months of waiting since the latest Lara Croft title was first announced last March.

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness is now due for release on the PlayStation 2 and PC on June 20th, after the earlier delays which saw it being pushed back from it's pre-Christmas date last year.

The company also announced that they would bring forward the American release date of The Italian Job, to June instead of July, to make the most of the cinema release of the re-worked film on May 30th this year, with the UK release following in September.

Further titles including Whiplash, Legacy of Kain: Defiance, and Thief 03 are being shown by Eidos during the next three days at E3, and we'll have full details along with new screenshots of the highlights during the next few days.

source= here (http://www.gamespaper.com/news/E32003Larawaitingalmosto.shtml)

new footage..

http://www.8ung.at/laracrofttombraider/Eidos-Presse1.zip

Infernal Mass
May 31st, 2003, 07:01 AM
new trailer for the game is out. i'm guessing it's the final one.

here (http://www.the-magicbox.com/game053003d.htm)

3 diffrent speeds

dan da man
Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:16 AM
This game has pissed me off, taking so long, promsisng so many release dates, I dont think I will buy it, being a TR fan, but im just going to wait for the reveiws and see what it scores.

Infernal Mass
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:26 AM
In preperations for the new game, i've decided that i will complete all the previous tomb raiders in order..starting today.

digimortal
- :arrr:

Infernal Mass
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:07 PM
the first review for TR: AOD is out now. It's from playstation UK mag

Graphics: 8 - Massive environments, slighty cartoony vibe still.

Sound: 7 - Atmos-manufacturing orchestral. Familiar vowels.

Gameplay: 8 - Backwards glimpsing, only with worse control.

Lifespan: 9 - It's bigger than bigness. Months of walking [gently].

overall 8

digimortal
- :karate:http://www.blades-uk.com/board/images/smiles/martial.gif:fold:

Vic Viper
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:47 PM
not bad.:arrr:

im getting it regardless of the score:ninja:

dan da man
Jun 8th, 2003, 07:54 AM

In preperations for the new game, i've decided that i will complete all the previous tomb raiders in order..starting today.

digimortal
- :arrr:

Wont that take you quite a bit of time? Or have you got every level memorised, quite hard huh? :laugh:

I wish I had all the old Tomb riaders, so I would complete them in preperation.:D

Infernal Mass
Jun 13th, 2003, 09:46 PM
wait for it...it's the PSM UK review..

http://www.boomspeed.com/charmed_p3_/review.jpg

Infernal Mass
Jun 14th, 2003, 01:41 AM
:laugh:

there's a Q&A session that just finished up over at IGN. Noone asked if it was DVD or CD though.. :disturb:

but check out this Q&A:

Will this game EVER come out!?

Jeremy Responds:
Yes. Right before Duke Nukem Forever.

XD

oh an the game takes up 380kb on the memory card. :)

dan da man
Jun 14th, 2003, 07:25 AM
THATS IT!:mad: Its been pushed back agian, :censored: you Eidos.

Vic Viper
Jun 14th, 2003, 11:55 AM
thanks for the review, digi.;)

Infernal Mass
Jun 14th, 2003, 06:25 PM
no prob Vic, i'm actually starting to get excited about the game again..sorta surprised myself. i didn't think i would.

Originally posted by dan da man

THATS IT!:mad: Its been pushed back agian, :censored: you Eidos.

it's still coming out, they were just joking. :laugh:
Duke Nukem forever has been delayed so many times it's like in guiness book or something..for most delays ever.

dan da man
Jun 15th, 2003, 06:07 AM

no prob Vic, i'm actually starting to get excited about the game again..sorta surprised myself. i didn't think i would.

it's still coming out, they were just joking. :laugh:
Duke Nukem forever has been delayed so many times it's like in guiness book or something..for most delays ever.

No it has been, at the shop I work at, we got a ring from the wholesalers, saying its not coming on June 20th, its been delayed again to a later date, I dont know about the US release date though.

Vic Viper
Jun 15th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

No it has been, at the shop I work at, we got a ring from the wholesalers, saying its not coming on June 20th, its been delayed again to a later date, I dont know about the US release date though.

ha, sucks for you guys, the game's hitting the stores this coming wednesday.:P :ghost:

dan da man
Jun 15th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Vic Viper

ha, sucks for you guys, the game's hitting the stores this coming wednesday.:P :ghost:

Cool, give us a review aswell.;)

Infernal Mass
Jun 16th, 2003, 04:56 AM
http://www.pipesmokerscouncil.org/graphics/ackland_small.jpg

Infernal Mass
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:10 PM

Hey Vic, don't mean to be nosy or nuthin' dude..but where are you getting your copy from ? Do you go to EB or Gamestop or do you got other connections..

i called gamestop because i lost my ticket!..the reservation preorder ticket..and they told me that it's coming in on th 20th..

oh and computervideogames.com is saying it's been pushed back til the end of the month.. but i dunno if they're talking about the PC version or the ps2 version?..

dude if EB get's the game first i'm gonna be pissed..

it'll be the last time i buy from Gamestop..

except for Silent HIll 3 and Soul Calibur 2 w/ the artbook..and VF4 evo.

Vic Viper
Jun 16th, 2003, 11:12 PM
i usually go to gamestop to buy my games. my bad, i got the date mixed up, just called the store and they said its coming on the 20th. :ghost:

Infernal Mass
Jun 17th, 2003, 10:18 AM
the worst news i've heard so far is that it's coming out next friday. And the best news i've heard is that it's being shipped on the 20th that was from Eidos..

this game should honestly win some type of award for worst project ever...as far as distribution and delays go...

Eidos and Core design really need to like establish some sort communication..cause i mean this is going to probably set somekind of standard for sloppy project handling or something..

either this one or Duke Nukem Forever..

:disturb:

Infernal Mass
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:44 AM
check this out..

I own quite a large games store in the south of the UK, and from what I've heard this morning the REAL reason TR has been delayed is that....(BRACE YOURSELF) Eidos didn't want to lose any media attention to the launch of the new Harry Potter book this weekend.
Make of that what you will.

:roflmao:

then he goes on

My info came from a VERY reliable source....think about it, this game has got to get into the distribution chain by tuesday next week at the latest, there's no way that there are bug fixes to sort with 1 week to go before release to distributors!!!
Believe me this game IS DEFINITELY sitting in a warehouse ready to ship.
This is a PR thing, pure and simple.....and to be honest kind of understandable

It's funny and all..but i mean Eidos is capable of such decisions. Look at how the movie release and the game are about a month apart...

If this is true , Eidos should really give thier PR department a pat on the back for being asshats.

merylsilverburg
Jun 18th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Hmm...I actually stopped caring when this game is coming out. :disturb: But since I saw this thread at the top of the page, I thought "Hey, why not?" and clicked here.

So now, my question is: when is the game coming out? :peoples:

Infernal Mass
Jun 18th, 2003, 10:19 AM
welcome the best thread ever made Meryl

:borg: you are now part of the elite few...

We're all out of chili dogs and balloons, but i found a pretty cool "welcome to the best thread ever gift"..

here you go..

http://207.21.243.204/images/8295.jpg

it's a Chuck Norris, Missing In Action Autograph.

Here is an update ..From Reuters News www.reuters.com :

Lara Croft Video Game Launch on Shaky Ground
Tue June 17, 2003 02:00 PM ET
By Bernhard Warner

LONDON (Reuters) - Uncertainty looms over the launch date of the new Lara Croft video game, a title crucial to British publisher Eidos's financial prospects.

Already delayed twice, "Lara Croft: The Angel of Darkness" is slotted for a release on June 20. But that's looking less likely, a company executive told Reuters on Tuesday on the sidelines of an industry conference.

"June 20th is the latest date, but there are a few bugs that need to be ironed out as we rush to the finish line," said Stuart Cruickshank, chief financial officer for Eidos.

"It's in the 'maybe or maybe not' mode," he added.

The game has to be in stores by June 30 in order for the company to recognize sales for its current financial year, which closes the last day of the month.

Analysts have been awaiting word on whether Eidos can get the game out in time, saying a July launch or later would doom its key sales targets for the year.

Cruickshank said he was confident the game would hit store shelves in the next two weeks. "We don't see a fourth delay," he said, adding the company has been providing retailers with "minute by minute" release updates.

The game, which was developed for Sony's PlayStation 2 and for the PC format, is undergoing final checks to determine if there are any last minute bugs to rectify.

He added that the company was comfortable with analysts' estimates of an initial shipment between 1.5 million and 2.5 million units worldwide.

Industry observers have grown increasingly curious about the whereabouts of Lara Croft, easily Eidos's top-selling franchise with 28 million units sold.

The game is expected to get a lift next month when the movie Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, a Paramount production starring Angelina Jolie, makes its July 28 box office debut.

Vic Viper
Jun 18th, 2003, 04:33 PM
** chuck norris ** :roflmao: :roflmao:

on a good note

Tomb Raider goes gold

Eidos has completed work on the latest game in the Tomb Raider series.

Eidos has officially announced that the PlayStation 2 version of Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness has gone gold and will be on store shelves as early as this weekend in North America. This announcement dispels earlier reports suggesting that the game would be delayed so that the development team at Core would have additional time to squash a few remaining bugs in the game. Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness once again features Lara Croft as the main character.

For more information on Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, check out our previous coverage of the game.

Lara Croft on the 20th (http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1055966629,6960,):blush:

Infernal Mass
Jun 18th, 2003, 09:54 PM
finally Eidos has spoken!

*sits down and waits*

merylsilverburg
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the info, guys! :happy: Alright, so June 20...I can wait some more. :laugh:

BTW, thanks for the...uh...pleasant welcome gift, Digi. XD Chuck Norris....:lmao:

dan da man
Jun 19th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Eidos you are a JOKE, putting it back once agian!! (July now!!) No way!! I hope the mags and critics sluaghter this game, so they embarrase Eidos to hell, for such a long wait!

Infernal Mass
Jun 20th, 2003, 12:15 AM
http://gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280413

kittens&cats
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:26 AM
well still getting the tomb raider game even know i was mad
when keep delaying the game

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:43 AM
The funny thing is I saw a commecial for this game on tv the other day, and at the end of the commercial it said the game was already in stores. I'm just glad I'm not anticipating this game or else I prolly would've ran to the store after seeing that commecial.

Gadzoox
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:55 PM
It doesn't come out till June 23 in Ontario... poo.

goodman
Jun 21st, 2003, 04:16 PM
This games ownz joo and your momma's best friend... :roflmao:

dan da man
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:28 AM

This games ownz joo and your momma's best friend... :roflmao:

:peoples: I think your drunk otherwise you work for Eidos.:laugh:

goodman
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:57 PM
IGN has an ad saying its already out in stores, so even they are all tripped up... I havent played anything other than Everquest the past two months so im outta the loop either way...

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:23 AM
This better be the best TR yet because EIDOS is really going to be hurting if this game turns out like crap. What's the excuse this time?

MakgSnake
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:44 PM
All I know is that the game was suppose to come on the 20th, but because of some shipping error, its coming out on the 24th of June, even 25th at some places. I checked BestBuy, MicroPlay, EB and everywhere they are getting on the 24th.

Harry
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:16 PM
Hi,

after reading your posts I just decided to contact our nice Pr contact at Eidos, asking if there has been any delay in the launch of the game, maybe because of HP's launch. He confirmed there hasn't been any delay at all.

No delay at all. TR was out in stores this weekend and we didn't pull it back one minute due to the release of Harry Potter. People that preordered the game also had their orders filled on time.

DC

MakgSnake
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:10 PM
Then I guess, whereever I called had that shipment. Lets hope atleast my BestBuy got it. Cause I really wanna buy this game. But just wondering if I should wait for some solid reviews before I spend $69.99 after tax (Canadian) on it.

Infernal Mass
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:01 PM
i just opened my copy today (bought it on friday morning)

First Impressions:

The graphics are an outstanding improvement from previous TR's..Lara looks great. I am currently trying to work my way thru the previous 5 TR's before i try to beat Angel of Darkness...but i couldn't resist, i had to open the new game and try it out.

here's some info:

*the game is on DVD
*384kb of memory card space.
*you can save anywhere it looks like

The controls are diffrent, you can hit walk and instead of holding your finger on the button, you just need to press it once for a sort of cruise control feature. Then hit it again to change back into regular mode. Lara's movement is controlled diffrently as well. You press the left analog stick in the direction she is facing to move, which took me a few minutes to get use to. I am accustomed to her old movement configuration.

It's almost feels like a whole diffrent game, but there's still some old school TR in there mixed up with some new features.

oh and there's a TR: Cradle of Life trailer i haven't seen before on the game that can be accessed at the title menu. There's also a small making of TR: Angel of Darkness featurette.

Lara has to collect money and valubles it looks like. Which is pretty cool. The first thing i found was a stack of cash.

Digimortal
- i think i'm just going to start up on AOD

Infernal Mass
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:28 AM

IGN has an ad saying its already out in stores, so even they are all tripped up... I havent played anything other than Everquest the past two months so im outta the loop either way...

Evercrack !1!!

http://www.camaro.dnsalias.com:8008/Icons/crack_pipe.jpg

MakgSnake
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Gamespot gave it a 6.5 Ouch. Thats harsh, and also makes me mad as Eidos took the time to make it all GOOD but didn't succeed. But still I guess hardcore fans would buy it. Not sure if I should get it or not.

goodman
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:50 PM
When a person loves a game series enough they will buy it often sight unseen. Same for music and movies, we will watch or hear something because of who is in it or playing it. Yeah Dig, after i finished XenoSaga ive been out somewhat on console playing. Im not doing much in EQ, either, but its fun for a while to drop in and see whats happening. My power has been down at my house so im using a neighbors or my parents pc, should be working again soon so i should be posting a bit more, hope Digi and everybody who loves the series enjoys the game! Lets all get ready for T3 verrrry sooon!!! Im starting a nine day vacation on Friday... ;)

Infernal Mass
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:53 PM
This game is excellent, Gamepot doesn't know shit.

Check this out:

Tomb Raider 2, probably the most memorable of the entire series with the exception of the first game recieved a 5.7 from gamespot when it was released.

truth is if your not a TR fan be it hardcore or casual..then your not going to be able to appreciate this game. So don't bother with it.

It's a brand new adventure in the Tomb Raider saga. Unlike anything Core has presented it's fans.

MakgSnake
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:34 PM
IGN as well thrashed the game pretty badly. Damn, the game isn't even getting a good reader score, which is mostly higher the editor's score.

IGN gave it a 5.3, damn. I was soooo gonna buy this game, but now.....I guess I'll rent it.....or not even that. I am gonna rent HULK after watching the movie twice.

Infernal Mass
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:05 AM
The Hulk blows ass.

TR games have never gotten high scores.

dan da man
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Dont you guys get it why TR AOD has got crap scores, every HATES eidos God damnit, when they promised it in october or Novmeber every got ready, then no, they delayed, delayed, delayed, then people, mag reviewrs, everyone, starts thinking, hey this is a :censored: joke, which it is, thanks you IGN and Gamespot for killing this game, Eidos deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

The game might bee good, but its all Eidos fualt, maybe they need more experinces.

MakgSnake
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:57 AM

The Hulk blows ass.

TR games have never gotten high scores.
Oh thats a good reason you are giving me not to RENT the HULK game. I just might take that in notice.

As for TR games, I have really old mags, that has given Tomb Raider 1 and 2 really high scores, even TR 3 got good reviews, but because being a little too boring, it was shattered. TR 2 even has gotten many awards of excellence. As you being a HUGE fan, I am not surprised that you are defending this game, but the game actually sucks, I just played it at friend's house. Damn it almost gave me 3D sickness.

Infernal Mass
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:43 PM
i don't have to defend the game..because i don't give a shit what you think.

digimortal
- your favorite person

MakgSnake
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:05 PM

i don't have to defend the game..because i don't give a shit what you think.

digimortal
- your favorite person to spit at

Oh yeah, you seriously DO NOT give a shit digi. :laugh: I totally agree with you. :laugh: Thats why you keep replying back.

merylsilverburg
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

As for TR games, I have really old mags, that has given Tomb Raider 1 and 2 really high scores, even TR 3 got good reviews, but because being a little too boring, it was shattered. TR 2 even has gotten many awards of excellence. As you being a HUGE fan, I am not surprised that you are defending this game, but the game actually sucks, I just played it at friend's house. Damn it almost gave me 3D sickness.

I actually thought TR 1 and 2 were really good and are definite classics. TR 3 was okay, but then TR 4 and 5 didn't hold my interest as much. I know that everything improved in the later games, but by then, the stories have started to get a little boring, IMO...and this is coming from me and I was a major, die-hard fan, no joke. So, that's why I was hoping the new PS2 game would be a great new start to the franchise...but I'm majorly disappointed now. :(

Infernal Mass
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:26 PM
i use to think part 3 was lame too..i'm currently making my way thru that one right now. :)

Lara learns the sprint, and duck and crawl move, along with the monkey swing. Which is cool in TR 3.

..now what i don't like is the save mechanics. Why did core design go from save anywhere to save crystals?...:sarcasm: i think they did it to add challange to the game..that's the only reason i can think of why they did that.

Oh and the flares last half as long as on TR2..but you get like 2 extra flares per pick up which is cool. So i'm only out about 30 seconds of flare action. :laugh:

Vic Viper
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:21 PM
wow, i was gone for acouple of days, and what do i see tomb raider getting a bunch of negative reviews. im now second guessing my self if i should get it or not. i know i said before im getting it despite of the review but wow im extremely disappointed with the reviews its getting. i'll rent it first and decide if its a keeper or not. :(

Infernal Mass
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:29 PM
that's the best thing to do Vic, alot better than taking someone elses word for it.

.. like some idiot that posts here. who can't decide anything for themself, and need people to tell them what is good and what isn't..whose username starts wih Makg...and ends in Snake..

merylsilverburg
Jun 26th, 2003, 08:54 PM

that's the best thing to do Vic, alot better than taking someone elses word for it.

.. like some idiot that posts here. who can't decide anything for themself, and need people to tell them what is good and what isn't..whose username starts wih Makg...and ends in Snake..

Hey, c'mon now...we all have our own opinions and ways of doing things, so there's no reason to call anyone an idiot for that.

Harry
Jun 27th, 2003, 04:39 AM

Have some respect for others, and calm down. Thankfully, there are persons interested in others' opinion, and I can assure you that I receive many and many e-mail of persons thanking us for the reviews we write.

I really don't know how a person can get so harsh in a discussion like this.

...now what i don't like is the save mechanics. Why did core design go from save anywhere to save crystals?...:sarcasm: i think they did it to add challange to the game..that's the only reason i can think of why they did that.

It's also done to reduce the size of savegames.

Infernal Mass
Jun 28th, 2003, 11:17 AM
ok no prob i'm over it. I pm'd Makg with my apology.

that makes sense..Tr3 is a huge game..deffinately the largest of the first three.i can see why making the save files smaller would be neccesary.

dan da man
Jul 1st, 2003, 03:19 PM
HEY, its finally out in the UK, no way, it hasnt advertised or nothing! YAY!:happy:

goodman
Jul 1st, 2003, 04:35 PM
Although i wasnt a huge fan of the first movie, i must say the previews for the sequel look pretty good. Angelina looks to be in fine form so it should be better than the first, which would be nice...