PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania!

neerajamania4life
Mar 29th, 2003, 09:27 AM
I am a BIG fan of wrestling and i can't wait for wrestlemania mon monday at 2a.m(gmt)!!!! I'm shaking right now and i have pins and needles right now! I can't wait for the Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The rock match! That will be one for the history books! The event is going to be one of the greatest ever just behind Wrestlemania 17! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?????????????????????????

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2003, 12:15 PM
I seen those two face each other on such numerous occasions it isn't even special any more.They really got to start doing something new.Maybe they should give Shawn Michaels the title again because he was the best champion ever.

DSgamer
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Maybe they should give Shawn Michaels the title again because he was the best champion ever.

I agree with sssnake

and what's so special about the rock n stone cold???

dan da man
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:25 PM
I might watch it, I used to be a big fan of WWF, but when Austin and undertaker wen out for a long time im was upset, the rock is ok, but now hes a baddie, He is funny, chris and Edge used to be funny, in like the "tottally" "radicol" erm ok, yer if shawn or austin having a title shot, I will watch it.

Vic Viper
Mar 29th, 2003, 03:47 PM
this mania will be a classic man, vinnie mc Vs hollywood hulk hogan. :)

and what's so special about the rock n stone cold???

the rock being a heal, stone cold's first big match since he came back.. i think thats pretty special..

Vic Viper
Mar 29th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

I might watch it, I used to be a big fan of WWF, but when Austin and undertaker wen out for a long time im was upset, the rock is ok, but now hes a baddie, He is funny, chris and Edge used to be funny, in like the "tottally" "radicol" erm ok, yer if shawn or austin having a title shot, I will watch it.

imo the rock is better as a heal than his baby face persona..

Vicious_2003
Mar 29th, 2003, 07:02 PM
The Rock is ten times better as a heel because hes the kinda guy you like to hate...and he has more of a chance to use humor. Im ordering Wrestlemania for sure. Although the card doesent look all that amazing. Im looking forward to Angle Lesner my self as well as Vince vs Hogan. But if Hogan looses im going to be pissed...very very pissed. I just hope thiers a huge shocker that occurs. A new superstar debuting, .....somone going face/heel, etc. But wrestlemania is always good just becasue theres an ora around it thats pure excitement (Alot like the superbowl). Wrestling isnt as good as it used to be but its still great stuff and Wm should live up to the hype.......(I hope :laugh: )

trunks69420
Mar 29th, 2003, 07:12 PM
I also enjoy the rock as a heel... He makes me laugh w/ his singing n stuff. Always enjoyable and that is what entertainment is all about. Hopefully The VM and Hogan match is good... I will have to come here to have hightlights cause i work 4:30pm to 3:30 am!! i started nights and raw is no longer in the cards for me!! Oh well... at least i have an online community to turn to!

Redpyramidhead
Mar 29th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Personally, the only time I ever watch prfessional wrestling is for a big laugh. It's the funniest soap opera on television!:laugh: BTW, Dan da man, What the hell is with that sig?!? LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

_RED_ stuff

Piggle_humsy
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:05 AM
I used to love WWF when i was about 10 then i realised it was all fake and gave up on it!

Does it not bother you that its all just acting?
I'm just trying to find out why you all watch it even tho its not real??

I just dont get the appeal!

Please explain it to me! Thanks!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

p.s Im not trying to say anything bad about the people who watch it so dont go mad @ me!

dan da man
Mar 30th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Piggle_humsy

Does it not bother you that its all just acting?

Yer, they are pretty good actors, well its not going to be real, otherwise they would not be able to do all the fancy moves. If you want real watch UFC, thats always fun and sick.:laugh:

trunks69420
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

Yer, they are pretty good actors, well its not going to be real, otherwise they would not be able to do all the fancy moves. If you want real watch UFC, thats always fun and sick.:laugh:

True that... The only time i watch WWE is for entertainment... not to get a true sense of wrestling. UFC is awesome if you want some real action. I am waiting for the next payperview. I won a free one when i won those tiks to audioslave and the WWE event.
back to topic... will be here after Wrestlemania to find out what happened! See ya round.

Preventer Wind
Mar 30th, 2003, 07:15 PM
FAKE? IT'S FAKE? NOOOOOOOOOOOO. :laugh:

UFC is brutal and Tito is the greatest.

I used to watch wrestling. Boy were those the days. But I have grown away from it. I still watch it but it is not as entertaining as it used to be. When you see the same thing and matches happen every month it gets boring. If they brought back the Evil Undertaker not this fake wanna be bad ass one I would watch it again. Or if Bret Hart came back...

Any way it is still fun to watch. The Rock is great no matter what. And it can only be so fake. Have you ever been power bombed? What about a figure four? Most of the injuries are real so it's not a job I would want to do.

jjmoohead
Mar 30th, 2003, 09:06 PM
I am the first to admit Wreslting is Not Real, but how dare any of you say its fake.

Sure they know who is going to win and most of the psin is all acted, but if you can tell me that you can jump off the top of a rope onto another guy and not have it hurt then ok its fake. I would say wreslting is about 60% real.

I say this cause I have done a few back yard matches in my life time and have woke up with a hurt something. So unless you have done it, don't just state something you can't back up.

Vash
Mar 30th, 2003, 10:53 PM
I just can't get into wrestling anymore. It isn't as good as it was when WCW was....

Vicious_2003
Mar 30th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Its fake......so what..... every movie ever made is fake....thier actors just like The WWE's wrestlers are actors. I dont see how anyone can say its fake I dont like it then watch a movie thats even more scripted and not say the same. The WWE is one of the most entertaining things on TV next to real sports PERIOD

Piggle_humsy
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

Its fake......so what..... every movie ever made is fake....thier actors just like The WWE's wrestlers are actors. I dont see how anyone can say its fake I dont like it then watch a movie thats even more scripted and not say the same. The WWE is one of the most entertaining things on TV next to real sports PERIOD

The difference is the WWF lot try and make out like its real! When the actors admit they are acting! But jjmoohead made a good point!
Also Preventer Wind: The Undertaker use to be my fave! yeh!
And I just have this to say....
THE PIGGLE IS VERY HAPPY TO BE HERE!! :laugh:

Ok! Nuff ragging on your WWF! U love it then thats ok with me!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Vicious_2003
Mar 31st, 2003, 04:27 PM
The WWE does not try and fool the public. Vince Mcmahon as well as a number of wrestlers have admitted very openly that it is staged. If people knew anything about wrestling past the exterior theyd know that and not make stupid points like ITS FAKE wah !! Wahhhhhh ! (But hey..they say ignorance is bliss). They try and sell the moves not ot fool the audience but to put on a better preferomance. Actors admit to acting wrestlers admit to acting. Consider your point repectfully trashed Mr. Piggle :laugh: ;). Also wrestling wouldnt be half as popular if it were real. They tried that back in the 20's and the matches went on soo long people got bored with them..thats why its evolved into what it is today. Sure wrestling is fake but id bet top dollar if anyone on this forum that hasnt trained to be in it, or isnt in Excellent physical shape wouldnt lasta day in the WWE . It is very physically demanding . Just saying ITS FAKE and it sux is not only disrespectfull its down right ignorant. But ofcourse we all have the right to like and not like what we want. Thats why im aloud to hate that sorry excuse for a sport baseball ! What a snooze fest that is !

Darkness 4 Hire
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:59 PM
Wrestlemania wasn't anyhting special..but when HULK started HULKING u. I went crazy!!!!!!! HULKAMANIA rules brother!!! Wish he had his old Real American song.

on an addition note...GOLDBERG comes to the wwe tonight!!!

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:12 PM
As a big wrestling fan for many years, I wish to quote one of the greatest regarding the disrespect shown to professional wrestlers.

As said by Bret Hart: Everyone always says "You're a fake", no one ever says "Hey, you're a great actor"Personally I think that says it all. These people put their health and life on the line to entertain us. They deserve nothing but respect.

Ask Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Tom Billington, Curt Hennig, Yokozuna or Brian Pillman if wrestling is 'fake'... I'm sure they'd tell you different if they were still with us.

- S

Vicious_2003
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:52 PM
My sentimates exactly

Preventer Wind
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:52 PM
I think, as piggle said, actors are actors and what they do is in their name. I see nothing wrong with people not being able to like wrestling because it is fake and then those same people like to watch movies. I mean watching 2 (or more) people beat up on each other is not appealing to everybody. There is hardly any drama in it any more. They bring back the same has been or old timer every other month and that is supposed to be the big thing? The only thing in movies I can think of is Maddona's career :laugh: Stone Cold coming back is good. The Rock going heel is good. But Hogan? Yeah he was great but it is way way way to old. And as you guys have been saying Wrestling is not all that fake.

I don't watch a lot of tv outside of sports. I watch the history channel some times and an occasional movie that you have no clue why you are watching it. (Water World any one). It's more entertaining then those reality shows.

Vicious_2003
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:04 PM
Hogans great....was back in the day is NOW. He can get people going like no other and thats the greatest thing about wrestling being staged,... the older guys can still do it . And there is ALOT of drama is wrestling these days...you just actually have to watch it to see it (Makes sence eh ?). Granted wrestling isnt as good now as it was in the GREAT (est) Bret harts era but its still awesome and VERY much worth watching every monday and thursday night. Theyve got tons of young new talent that have a shit load of potential . Wrestling appeal wears off a bit as you get older but thats only becase thier are no suprises anymore weve basically seen everything thier is too see done at one time or another

jjmoohead
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:40 PM
I can honestly say im back into wrestling!

GOLDBERG IS NOW WWF!!!!!!

YES!

Vicious_2003
Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:10 PM
GoldBerg brought you back into wrestling ? Ummm how. The guy looks old and hes about half as big as he used to be. His segment with the Rock was one of the worst ive seen in a long time, that spear was just flat out ugly. He would have been In the WWE sooner but he was too busy asking for more money and less dates to work. He has no love for the bussinus I think so screw em. Now I get to watch guys that are ten times better than him get jobbed....just great

jjmoohead
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:27 PM
He has not wrestled much in 3 years. He didnt come to WWE cause he still had a contract with Time Warner so it was a good business decision. He was the backbone of WCW and it would have died a lot sooner if not for him. He will be in shape in no time.