PDA

View Full Version : Meteora...

trunks69420
Mar 27th, 2003, 01:53 PM
I just got the new linkin Park CD yesterday and i must say that i am extremely impressed. The CD has some great tunes on it and i am able to listen to it w/out changing the tracks at all! The only real downfall is the shortness... only 37 mins long. I got the copy w/ the bounus DVD but i havent had time to check it out yet.
I used to hate linkin park, but just because they were/are sooo overplayed. I figured i would buy this cd before every song was on the GD radio!! Oh well... check it out if you wanna... and if you have let me know what you think??

neerajamania4life
Mar 27th, 2003, 02:33 PM
My friend bought that C.D yesterday! I'm not into heavy metal or nu-metal, but i don't mind Linkin park. I don't know what they are classified as though. I will borrow it of my friend and listen to it, I'll tell you what i think of it. By the way is it an album or the name of a single?

Beretta55
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by neerajamania4life

My friend bought that C.D yesterday! I'm not into heavy metal or nu-metal, but i don't mind Linkin park. I don't know what they are classified as though. I will borrow it of my friend and listen to it, I'll tell you what i think of it. By the way is it an album or the name of a single?
It's the album name.
i got their cd right when it came out. i only got the cd not the special edition i was on a tight budjet. but yeah this cd is pretty good but it dosent top hybrid theory imo.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:48 PM
I like Hybrid Theory a lot, but this new single sounds just like every other song they've done, I'll have to hear more to actually purchase a 30 minute long cd...

DragonSphere
Mar 27th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Got the special edition the other day and am enjoying it quite a bit. The main difference this time around when compared to Hybrid Theory is that a lot of the songs have a unique sound, which came from a couple of their samples. At first I didn't like some of the latter songs in Meteora, but they're growing on me...

synicalgohan91
Mar 27th, 2003, 08:41 PM
unlike trunks69420, and others i have not bought linkin parks new cd yet but from what i heard of it it doesn't sound bad. If i was to chose which of their cd's i liked the best i would have to say hybird theory. I see only one draw back to linkin park there songs are not really that long, on the average of amount of time there cd's take it would have to be around a half hour, but hey i still like them. My favorite song would have to be with you ( hybrid theory)

ssjtrunks13
Mar 27th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by trunks69420

I just got the new linkin Park CD yesterday and i must say that i am extremely impressed. The CD has some great tunes on it and i am able to listen to it w/out changing the tracks at all! The only real downfall is the shortness... only 37 mins long. I got the copy w/ the bounus DVD but i havent had time to check it out yet.
I used to hate linkin park, but just because they were/are sooo overplayed. I figured i would buy this cd before every song was on the GD radio!! Oh well... check it out if you wanna... and if you have let me know what you think??

I have a few things I would like to pick out from the above quote. First, Is the copies with the bonus CD in limited print? I was just wondering because I won't be able to get it for a few months and I wanted to get an idea if I would be abel to get the bonus DVD. Next, only 37 minutes? That's even shorter than Hybrid Theory, I'm surprised. Finally, Have you heard all of the tracks or almost all of them on the radio yet? I've only heard two songs so far and they're better than I thought, at first I didn't really like Somewhere I \Belong because I only heard less than half of it at first but after I heard the rest of the song I was hooked.

Berserker
Mar 28th, 2003, 02:16 AM
I haven't heard anything of the new cd yet, but I hope they had the courage to take their sound one step further, cause anything else would be the easy way...;)
But I think they will cause they took like four years to develop their sound for the first cd so they don't take the easy way I think

trunks69420
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I have a few things I would like to pick out from the above quote. First, Is the copies with the bonus CD in limited print? I was just wondering because I won't be able to get it for a few months and I wanted to get an idea if I would be abel to get the bonus DVD. Next, only 37 minutes? That's even shorter than Hybrid Theory, I'm surprised. Finally, Have you heard all of the tracks or almost all of them on the radio yet? I've only heard two songs so far and they're better than I thought, at first I didn't really like Somewhere I \Belong because I only heard less than half of it at first but after I heard the rest of the song I was hooked.

I am not sure about the limited print... but i did buy it just in case it was... in which case in a year i will sell it to you for a $100
:laugh: Next: Yeah... only 37, but i love every minute of it! Lastly... I was being sarcastic about hearing all the new cd on the radio, just saying that pretty much all of Hybrid was on the radio. I love the whole CD.... I agree, at first the latter part of the cd was annoying but as i listen to it more and more i like it more(thats a lot of "mores"). My new fav track of the night is the song "faint" and "nobody's listening". Check them out if you get the chance.

DragonSphere
Mar 29th, 2003, 12:58 AM
"Breaking the Habit" is damn good as well...

trunks69420
Mar 29th, 2003, 06:15 AM
*Gives DragonSphere the wink and the gun*
You damn right! That is a really good song as well. I am very happy w/ my purchase, the collection grows to 138:cool:

Minsc
Mar 29th, 2003, 06:21 PM
i bought the album the second it came out :) my favorite songs from the album must be Numb and somewere i belong

trunks69420
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Minsc

i bought the album the second it came out :) my favorite songs from the album must be Numb and somewere i belong

Numb is really kick ass... Unfortunately i will probably hate linkin park in a couple of months because their whole cd will be on the radio and overplayed "just like befooooore":cool: