PDA

View Full Version : I'm goin to Cuba!

Gadzoox
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:42 PM
For the first time in my (whole 18 years of) life I'm going to be venturing out of my little niche in Canada to a resort in Varadero, Cuba!!!

Pretty darned exciting, no?! I'll be gone from April 6th to April 13th so you won't hear anything from me during that time.

I'm going to be equipped with my super fancy Minolta camera so hopefully if my scanner is nice to me I can share a little bit of my vacation to you wonderful people!! :D

Anyone have any advice or words of wisdom for me?!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Congrats.........Don't have any advice but give Castro my regards :).

Gadzoox
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Ahahaa, will do!! I'll bring back some Cuban cigars for y'all too! ;)

XxmandykissezxX
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Hoyl crap! You are one very lucky human being..hehe. Have fun on your new exciting trip! I wish I could be going.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:49 PM
mmmm cuban cigars. Thats so exciting Zoox! Can I come? :laugh:

Vic Viper
Mar 27th, 2003, 02:58 AM
good luck gadz, have a nice trip. :)

merylsilverburg
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Hey, I'm happy for ya Gad! Have lots of fun and bring me a souvenir! :happy:

Pu the Owl
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:44 AM
I'm very happy for you Zooxie! Have a nice stay in Cuba! I'm looking forward to see you photos! And yes, bring some souvenirs to me too! ---> cigars and Rum will be ok... :ahoy:

Piggle_humsy
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Hey great news gaddy! You must tell me what it was like and good places to visit as my boss is going there next year for her honeymoon! :D

OK hope you have a good time! I hear there are loads of Hummingbirds out there so make sure you take loads of piccies!

When you come back you can start a thread called Cuba and post all your pics giving us a step by step guide of your vacation! lol! :laugh:

Well Enjoy yourself! :D

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Berserker
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Some friends of mine gone there some years ago, have fun but take care. They stayed in a resort but wanted to go to havana they had to bribe the guards(!!!!) of the resort and got a cab in the city( an old classic in which they got see the road under neith them)...be carefull if you go to bars with who you talk and mingle . This friend of mine met a nice girl and wanted to make out with her outside all of a sudden police came kicked the girl away and sent my friend of with a warning turned out the girl was a hooker looking for tourists god only knows what she had in mind for the guy... Enjoy your stay but please take care there are undercover cops and party members everywhere.

trunks69420
Mar 27th, 2003, 01:31 PM
have a great time!! I love to hear it when someone else gets to something really exciting! I cant wait to see/hear how the trip went. Take it easy and dont stay too long;)

neerajamania4life
Mar 27th, 2003, 02:30 PM
You lucky son of a bitch! Its going to be nice and sunny in cuba! The U.K is getting warmer now so i am lucky as it is normally freezing cold! Smoke some lovely cuban cigars while you are then and don't get caught when you import them back in! LOL! I hope you have a nice time and take lots of pics to show us when you get back!

Vic Viper
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by neerajamania4life

[FONT=century gothic]You lucky son of a bitch! FONT]

i know that your intentions are well but watch the name calling, ok.

goodman
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Hey while your there, Zooxie, look for my friend Tom. He went there about three years ago, and has never returned, and nobody knows where he is. I have heard about people going on vacation there and just mysteriously disappearing. Have a great time!! Send what pics you can....

Kimahri
Mar 27th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Hey, when you go there stay there, jk.
Well, have a nice trip. Tell me if you meet missy elliot!JK!

Gadzoox
Mar 27th, 2003, 08:12 PM
WOW!!! Look at all these replies!! I feel so special! Thanks everyone! :happy:

*stuffs Mandy and Sleazy in a carry-on bag* there we go! ;)

Ahahahah, Fortune! I have the sudden urge to draw you as a pirate!! :laugh:

Yeah, I will be doing a day trip down in Havana... BUT I'll be with my parents the whole time (they are paying my way and everything! Booyeah!) and I'm pretty chicken to go venturing on my own, esp to clubs and such. BUT I've read that Cuba basically /survives/ off of the tourists, we are their main income source so they have to keep tourists happy!
Anyway, they are apparently /really/ strict about Cubans mingling with the tourists, a Cuban CAN and will be /jailed/ for any teeny tiny act towards a tourist; even accepting money from them! The locals are banned from going near the resorts too!
Thanks for the heads up though; it's always good to know these things just in case!

Yay! trunks69420 is still around!! :D

goodman, If i see /anyone/ named Tom I'll yell at them to get back to Texas right away! (it is Texas isn't it?)

*smacks Besaid* ;)

wow, thanks again everyone!! So exciting!!!

dan da man
Mar 28th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Woohhoo! show us pics when you get back.:) Im glad for ya girl, Cuba is a nice place.