PDA

View Full Version : Quickest Posts?

neerajamania4life
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:26 PM
I was generaly wondering what the maximum amount of posts someones got in their first week? I know its a weird question but some of you vetrans must no somebody?

mark0™
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Personally, I dont like people who look at post count as a competition. Even though I have been accused of doing it a couple of times, I never meant to post in order of raising the post count.

But IMO posting at every opurtunity, even one liners is not cool (I know, I've done it sometimes, Sometimes you cant help it).

But my advice to you would be to slow down the posting, just a bit of friendly advice.

Kimahri
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Just reply to threads you like, and dont compete, and your post count will go up, but slowly.
And, uhm......, DONT SPAM!

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:36 PM
I reflected on this in the site discussion thread that you started...

I'll say it again though, post counts mean nothing, like mark said sure everyone has felt a rush over a few high post counts but this isn't a competition, don't go into every thread and just post something irrevelant in order to raise your status...

oh and it doesn't matter anyway, you won't be winning the highest post count in the quickest amount of time award...dan clearly holds that spot at the moment, and I advise you...don't even try...

IcyMourdor
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Hmmm, SSSnake and I made a huge run at that over a year ago.

Ah well, memories are nice.

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 27th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by goodman

Cant remember who or when, but they had a couple hundred posts in a week, they burned out fast and so do the memories... Im only going to read threads im interested in so the amount of posts someone makes is inconsequential... Amen Goodman. I don't tend to reply to threads unless I feel I have something to say. Post counts don't mean anything - it's the quality of your posts that will make you respected - not the number.

- S

Pu the Owl
Mar 27th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Neerajamania4life, you really seem a bit too concerned about the question of posting :shock:
I think the member with the higher number of posts in a week was furry spatula. He didn't even know why he was replying to threads, I guess. I agree that replying just to have an higher amount of posts in your profile it really useless. I don't even understand what's so exciting and funny in posting like that :peoples:

trunks69420
Mar 27th, 2003, 01:28 PM
I agree completely. I only post when i really have something to say or when it is an important topic... Sure it might be "cool" to have a high post count... but i would rather have less posts that all meants something... Just a thought.

neerajamania4life
Mar 27th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I have spammed about three times but i was a beginner then and it won't happen again! I agree with all of you by saying that posting does not matter, but it does to me! I no that you have to post in quantites, but i do! Alot of my post have got varies reasons for my ideas and are long but informing. To Mark0 i don't count posting as i competition, i would just like people to know who i am and thats it really. MY posts do mean something, just look at them please! If dan the man has got the highest posts in a week then tell me how many he had? And why are you telling me not to try? Anything is possible after all!

MakgSnake
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:05 PM
There was a time, when my posting per day was like "50"...... and that also without any Spam. Now thats hard. But its more fun.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:42 PM
But see neerajamania4life, I've honestly yet to see one of your posts where you aren't shouting about something stupid or holds any meaning whatsoever, so your little quest that your trying to pull off is just so uneeded...

Vicious_2003
Mar 27th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Ive been here quite a while and Ive only got 200....well 201 now I guess....sad really :disturb:

DSgamer
Mar 28th, 2003, 12:06 AM
member dude, its not the post count that counts, its the quality of the posts

Redpyramidhead
Mar 28th, 2003, 02:36 AM
neerajamania4life...I dont know if it's my place to say this, but your constant starting of threads and posting of "hey everybody read my posts they are exciting! help me raise my post count!" etc... is really getting on people's nerves. I have posts of mine that dont have responses to them all the time, but that doesn't mean nobody noticed and I don't complain. Becoming noticed more often when you make posts is something that comes with time also. I have also had threads that I started that I thought were interesting over the months that didn't seem to interest people. I try not to sweat it. It's just life. The people here are some of the nicest people in any forums anywhere and I feel privilaged to be involved and for them to make me feel welcome.

You seem like an enthusiastic guy, I wouldn't mind talking with you about videogames at all. I look forward to your future posts as long as they are not repetitive. I want to hear more on what you have to say about videogames and the things you're interested in. Don't think I didn't read one of your posts however just because I may not have replied to it. I won't see all of them and nobody else will either, but feel good that a number of people will have and we're all here just to have fun as fellow PS2 gamers and cool people. see ya around:cool:

_RED_ stuff

trunks69420
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead
You seem like an enthusiastic guy, I wouldn't mind talking with you about videogames at all. I look forward to your future posts as long as they are not repetitive. I want to hear more on what you have to say about videogames and the things you're interested in. Don't think I didn't read one of your posts however just because I may not have replied to it. I won't see all of them and nobody else will either, but feel good that a number of people will have and we're all here just to have fun as fellow PS2 gamers and cool people. see ya around:cool:

_RED_ stuff

yes yes... i agree completely. When i first started all i cared about was being noticed... But now it is like a family atmosphere here and i love it! You seem pretty kick ass N... Dont get discouraged... we are all just giving advice, even if it sounds crass. Like red said... See ya around.

dan da man
Mar 28th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by goodman

Cant remember who or when, but they had a couple hundred posts in a week, they burned out fast and so do the memories...

Furry lol, he has about 170 posts in a week.:laugh:

Ive been accused a couple of times, it not a compo, just post in the thread, or type of disscussion you like.:)

jjmoohead
Mar 29th, 2003, 06:40 PM
All i can say is look at me, my post count is low for the amount of time i have been here, but 90% of my posts are on topic and to tell the truth there may be only one topic a week that interests me enough to post. I still come here everyday and moderate and look around. You don't have to have 1000 post to be popular, look at me!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead

All i can say is look at me, my post count is low for the amount of time i have been here, but 90% of my posts are on topic and to tell the truth there may be only one topic a week that interests me enough to post. I still come here everyday and moderate and look around. You don't have to have 1000 post to be popular, look at me!

Your popular??????? <-----------Perfect example of a genious Spam message.This is a no no.

jjmoohead
Mar 29th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Common snake I was only RULER OF THE UNIVERSE for over a year. hehehe

People see my name and are like man that dude is cool but doesnt post much cause he is an important person and man they wish they were me. HAHAHA

Lost_myth
Mar 29th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Put it this way, short/meaningless threads are spam and spam is illegal. I mean ya know what's the point of coming here and expressing yourself if all you want to do is be an moron (not flaming anyone) no offense. I just think it's really, really rude to the other people.

Piggle_humsy
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by neerajamania4life

i would just like people to know who i am and thats it really.

Well we all know who you are now! You're the loony who keeps posting about posting! Well done!

In the future we will look back and say "Remember that loony who wanted to break the posting world record! Weird!"

:laugh: :D

Piggle :roll:
x x x x