PDA

View Full Version : New games

neerajamania4life
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I want to buy a new game which is a sports one, can anyone suggest me some please? I already have Smackdown shut your mouth :evil:

mark0™
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Sports is a little Vague, what Sport you interested in?

neerajamania4life
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:48 PM
Football, Cricket and tennis

Preventer Wind
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Cricket? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....*cough* hahahaha...ha...

Never heard of a Cricket game. Unless Jiminy(is this right?) the Cricket had a game :)

Since you are talking about Cricket I will assume that you mean US Soccer. I heard Winning Eleven 6 is one of the best Soccer games of all time. I always like Soccer games even though I don't like the sport that much.

I have no clue about tenis. Never played or wanted to play.

Of course I like American Football and Baseball the most. So it is just a conflict of interests here.

neerajamania4life
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:09 PM
I'm from the U.K and we don't play baseball or american football at all! I do like basketball though. In the U.K people like cricket! i would laugh at the american football thing but i won't! but SOOCER! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT IS FUNNY!

Preventer Wind
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:17 PM
LOL. Baseball is an international game so don't go dogging that. OK so futbol americano is not... but still it is similar to rugby I hear and most people from the UK tell me it's ten times rougher then the NFL. I know there is a Rugby game out for the ps2 :)

neerajamania4life
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:56 PM
I don't think their is a rugby game out on any console. I don't like rugby anyway. It is quite rough but i have never seen an NFL match before so i won't really know! I was wondering if their is a basketball game that is good out at the moment? I don't think baseball is worldwide yet but it is similar to something we call "rounders" in the U.K. But i was laughing at the american pronounciation of SOCCER! Laughing out loud! that always cracks me up(makes me laugh)!

Vicious_2003
Mar 27th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Oh yes there is a Rugby game I came damn close to renting it a few times on PS2...but then I realized I was american and smacked myself. :laugh: Kidding but yeah its out there and im pretty sure its an EA sports title. And man do you ever need to get into real sports !. Tennis !? Tennis !? Yuck. Maybe you should go with Mario Tennis I hear its ultra realistic . Soccor doesent appeal to me at all. NFL football and NBA Basketball are the only sports that matter to me so if you want advice on those I got it. Dont take any offense to my ignorence either im just an american I cant help it :laugh:

Preventer Wind
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:00 AM
Well Baseball is a popular in the western hempisphere. Mainly poorer countries like Cuba and the Dominican Republic.

NBA Live is great. Hardly any defense but the controls are great. I bought it over NBA 2k3 which, game play wise, does not appeal to me. If you want a good franchise mode then go with 2k3. But if you can put up with an ok franchise then go with Live.

neerajamania4life
Mar 29th, 2003, 09:31 AM
O.K then, what games on the PS2 can i get which are good and realistic which are NBA basketball games? This game has to keep me going and i can't get bored of it easily!

dan da man
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:35 PM
I live in the UK.:) if you like football, go for pro evolution soccer 2, and there is a good cricket game coming out, if makgsnake looks on this thread, he will tell you the name of it, I forgot the name, soz.

Vicious_2003
Mar 29th, 2003, 07:09 PM
The best NBA simulation game out right now hands down is NBA 2k3. Its gotten better ratings from every site ive checked and every magazine as well. Live is a good game too but its ALOT more flashy (Theres like more 360 dunks/lay ups than thier is shots) and as air said thiers next to no defense. Its a fun game but if your looking for realistic NBA 2k3 is the one to go with. I own it and cant stop playing it,.. id give it a solid 9 out of ten for sure. And id give NBA Live 2003 a low 8.

Preventer Wind
Mar 29th, 2003, 09:29 PM
Shit yo....NBA Live is better. If you're looking for shoes...go with Live. You can always get the roster updates with the network adapter. Like I said if you want gameplay then go with Live. IMO it is 10x better in that department. I don't even think 2k3's gameplay is that realistic.

However, it is next to impossible to stay under the salary cap with a good team for over a year and it is easy to get great players (2 for 1 will work everytime as long as it meets the salary cap requirements). You can't trade your draft picks either. 2k3 has it's problems too but not as many at not as bad.

Like Weapon said, almost every site has recomended 2k3 over live so don't listen to me...

jjmoohead
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:39 PM
Just a side not, NBA 2K3 is not the best basketball game for PS2. I say it either ties NBA live by EA Sports or is not as good buy a percentage point. I say go with NBA Live there are move moves and better Defense.

Vicious_2003
Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:15 PM
BETTER defense !? Tell em your Joking ! Please tell me !. Clearly either you havent played 2k3 or your just on some sort of illegal mind altering substance Lives defense is almost non existant most of the time I can score with realiative ease even on the hardest difficulty . Im sorry but you couldnt sell that point to Retarted Billionaire !

jjmoohead
Apr 5th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Hahahaha

I mean the setup of the defense, for example when you play defense against the computer you have a much more free range. There is a better setup for gameplay.

I have played both games, and I chose to review the best one, cause at the time I didnt have the hours to make both reviews at the quality that ps2fantasy demonstrates in their reviews.

I find NBA 2K to slow.

I guess the best way to describe the two games in one sentance is this

NBA2K - Tried to hard to be complete simulation game
NBALIVE - Tried to hard to be an arcade basketball game