PDA

View Full Version : Banned.

neerajamania4life
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:46 PM
I was wondering if you are to get banned what for? And can you become suspended for a certain amount of time or what?

Beretta55
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:33 PM
*sigh*.....alright. you can get banned for a certain number of thing's. one is spamming,second is being a all around jerkass and thrice! for double posting alot (least i think).........and for what amount of time. that's up to the admin's.

Carlito
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:45 PM
We try to not ban people unless it's really necessary. So, we don't have "temporary" but only definitive bans. Once you get a ban, there won't probably be the possibility for you to come back.

If you cause any kind of serious problems, like if you offend other members, if you spam a lot, if you only register to advertise your site or your commercial activity, if you make clones of your account just to fool other members: these are all good reasons to get a ban. Then, every ban depends on the situation, on the damage, on the intentions of the banned member. We always try to give a second chance to a member who makes some mistakes, before deciding to ban him/her. If he/she understands the mistake and the seriousness of the damage caused, we're not so bad to ban this member in any case.

neerajamania4life
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:44 PM
THANKS for answering my stupid "newbie" question

Rei
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:46 PM
This wasn't a stupid question, in fact I think it's pretty difficult to explain the reasons of a ban to other people :heh:

neerajamania4life
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Thanks for that Rei, its the first time somebody has said "well done" to me.

mark0™
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by neerajamania4life

Thanks for that Rei, its the first time somebody has said "well done" to me.

Hahaha what you want? A Medal for making a Thread? Hahaha! LMAO

neerajamania4life
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:40 AM
YER! you are well funny!

Pu the Owl
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:35 AM
There are not precise rules to ban a member. Depends on the situation, really. As Carlito explained, we don't ban simply if you make mistakes, but if your way of acting becomes a pain for us and for the other members. The only thing I can say is that people who just sign up to cause troubles won't have the pleasure to stay for a long time :D

neerajamania4life
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:38 PM
My acting has become a little bit of a pain to alot of you people but thats just me. I have calmed down since then. I am not a major pain but i still am a little. Thanks for posting anyway!!

ToxicUK
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:26 PM
Can you get banned for doing anything annoying or naughty?

Harry
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by ToxicUK

Can you get banned for doing anything annoying or naughty?

No, we ban only people who are nice all the time. :peoples:

ToxicUK
Apr 24th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Thankyou for that, Ill watch what I do from now on.:P

Infernal Mass
Jun 10th, 2003, 03:47 AM
another priceless thread.

So odd...

Virtualeclipse
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:39 AM
CAN U GET BANNED FOR POSTING TO MUCH. I POST A LOT.

Hylas
Jul 18th, 2003, 09:00 AM
The number of posts is not a reason to get a ban! You'll only get it if you post a lot of spam or if you only post to start flamings! That's how it works! There are many members who post a lot, but obviously they can't be banned for this reason :laugh:

blindman
Aug 20th, 2003, 12:19 AM
So how many members have been banned in PS2 fantasys history?

Pu the Owl
Aug 20th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Blindman

So how many members have been banned in PS2 fantasys history?

Just because you're curious (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showgroups.php?s=) (god only knows why!). I don't know in total. There is a list of banned members only counting the ones we have banned after switching from Ikonboard to VBulletin.

blindman
Aug 20th, 2003, 12:42 AM
I only wanted to know beacuse i was curious. Dont worry I wasn't any of those members, you would know by my IP address. Which you are allowed to see right?
anyway, well, I hope i never get banned:nono:
I already got banned from another forum for calling the administrator names. Seriously he was F'ed so i just had to.
ANyway cheers to everyone.

Pu the Owl
Aug 20th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Yes, I can check IP addresses, and I don't usually check them it if I don't have reasons to do it ;)

But calling an admin names... at least I hope you had good enough reasons to do it (even if it's always better to avoid it, not only with admins).

blindman
Aug 20th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Don't worry i had my reasons. I was a suckup to him and all, he told me to shut up a bunch of times cuz i was like the funny one and all but he thought i was retared as well with his girlfriend and this other guy. They where ok till they point where they thought they could take over me, so i called him names, and I eventually won...if you wish to know what i told him...then i can post it up....but i rather not.

I dont call ANYONE names not in forums, not outside which is why im alive today.

Well, i can check IPs too in my forums, they are present by default.

Hylas
Aug 22nd, 2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Blindman
if you wish to know what i told him...then i can post it up....but i rather not.

Nah, better to not post this stuff. I don't even think it has anything to do with these forums, am I wrong? It's old stories, you shouldn't worry about it anymore. We all meet people we don't like in forums :disturb:

blindman
Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:55 PM
No it had nothing to do with this forum so i guess its true, i should just let live right? Oookie then I will.

Zephyr
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Can I just ask one thing about the looking up of IP addresses. What if the address is on a dialup and is shared with other computers on the same service provider. Wouldn't you just have to ban the whole lot?

Hylas
Sep 20th, 2003, 03:51 PM
If the IP is shared, all the users are banned. That's what happened in some occasions to some members, even if they did nothing wrong. Too bad there isn't a solution for it :(