PDA

View Full Version : Ape Escape 2 comes to America

Vic Viper
Mar 19th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Ubi Soft revealed today their plans to release Ape Escape 2 for the Sony PlayStation 2 in North America this summer. As the sequel to the critically-acclaimed PSone title, Ape Escape 2 will take full advantage of the DualShock2 controller, with mechanics that require the player to use both sticks in unison to capture monkeys and brave several areas. We'll have continuing coverage of Ape Escape 2 soon, so stay tuned

wooohhhooo !!!! its about time..:mad: thank you Ubi.. :)

Edit by Harry: news also posted on Ps2Fantasy.com, I removed the link to your source. External linking is not allowed to information already available on this website.

Our news (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/scripts/singlenews.php?newsid=1048041290,89150,)

ssjtrunks13
Mar 19th, 2003, 06:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I never got a chance to play the first one, but I'd still like to get this game.

merylsilverburg
Mar 20th, 2003, 03:18 PM
I read that AE2 isn't as great as the first game (which is excellent BTW)...I'm kinda disappointed. :( But, yeah, it has been a long time and I'm surprised they decided to bring it over since I also heard that this was Japan exclusive only. Oh well, I can't wait to try the game out. :happy:

MakgSnake
Mar 20th, 2003, 04:05 PM
I tried the first one, never got into my head why so many people loved it so much....... :peoples:

goodman
Mar 20th, 2003, 06:25 PM
The first was fun, infuriating at times, it will be interesting to see what the new one is like, i played the first one in the duldrums of the summer four years ago, probably do the same if its due this summer. Summer is a bummer for games......

merylsilverburg
Mar 21st, 2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I tried the first one, never got into my head why so many people loved it so much....... :peoples:

Well, I loved the first AE because of the unique plot...catch a bunch of monkeys...all set in cute little worlds. XD :laugh: I dunno...it's just a great game...but like goodman said, I did get pretty pissed a few times (believe me...there was this one pesky monkey that just wouldn't come out of this area...:disturb: ) but despite of it, the game was good enough to make me enjoy it a lot. :happy: