PDA

View Full Version : Dark Cloud 2 or Kingdom Hearts

methxx
Mar 17th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Okay I need some advice here, my bday is coming up at the end of the month and i can get like 3 games (already getting suikoden III in the mail sometime this week) and i wanna choose between these 2. I like action type games but thing is games like devil may cry, lotr:ttt get boring to me so fast its not even funny :( only rpgs keep my attention now. Anyway which is longer, has better replay value, and is more fun to play?

dan da man
Mar 17th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Wrong forum, but I wouls say Kingdom of hearts is more fun to play.

mark0™
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:39 PM
I'd Get Kingdom Hearts, because I absloutely loved that game, although I've never played Dark Cloud 1 or 2...

But I dont think Dark Cloud 2 Is so popular...

Kingdom Hearts battle system is so fast paced and fun, its much more action than the FF Battle systems, the Story is Ok... It didnt intrigue me as much as other stories like FFVII or FFX, but its the action this game is good for. Replay Value, aside the two optional Bosses and the Hades Cup, theres little to go back for. Supposedly there is a Third Secret Movie by gettin 100%, but I wouldn't know as I still need to get some mystery Goo's to synthesise the Ultima Weapon...

Preventer Wind
Mar 17th, 2003, 08:27 PM
I haven't beaten either of the games but I have played them both (20 hours in both). Dark Cloud 2 is great. It is innovative and more of an action game then an RPG. Kingdom Hearts is great, too. It is also more of an action game then a traditional RPG. I suggest you buy Xenosaga. But if I had to choose I would say Dark Cloud 2. The stories are about equal (Not great in my opinion) for the two games with Dark Cloud 2 having an edge in graphics. Both get a little repetitive but there is a lot more to do in Dark Cloud 2. Building cities and getting people to move to those cities. Inventing new things and advancing your weapons are all great.

But really, Xenosaga is a lot better then both of the games.

methxx
Mar 17th, 2003, 08:32 PM
ic.. i want to but i dont want so many turn based rpgs in a month.. what about shinobi? does that get repetitive like devil may cry or is it just plain fun? one of the reasons i traded in my xbox n games was for shinobi but still havent picked it up.. hehe

Matrix
Mar 18th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

I haven't beaten either of the games but I have played them both (20 hours in both). Dark Cloud 2 is great. It is innovative and more of an action game then an RPG. Kingdom Hearts is great, too. It is also more of an action game then a traditional RPG. I suggest you buy Xenosaga. But if I had to choose I would say Dark Cloud 2. The stories are about equal (Not great in my opinion) for the two games with Dark Cloud 2 having an edge in graphics. Both get a little repetitive but there is a lot more to do in Dark Cloud 2. Building cities and getting people to move to those cities. Inventing new things and advancing your weapons are all great.

But really, Xenosaga is a lot better then both of the games.

I agree, but xenosaga gets repetitive after a while, kingdom hearts will keep u goin for a while, some o' those bosses are impossible!!!!!!

fantasytiger
Mar 20th, 2003, 02:32 PM
it seems that since you get really bored easily I would suggest dark cloud 2 because it gives you alot more things to do. I recently completely finished kingdom hearts that includes max level, all bosses defeated, and the ending to me was dissapointing but the bonus sceens were not that bad

Hero
Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:16 AM
Kingdom Hearts... Fo' shizzle my nizzle

Plug 4
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:39 AM
That's 2 games i must get...seriously i never played any of these 2 games...I think both games are a must.

synicalgohan91
May 20th, 2003, 04:59 PM
if i was to choose eigther of those i would have to say dark cloud 2 because there is nothing i like better than to not ever play that kingdom hearts game.

stuartb
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:33 AM
completed kingdom hearts which i thought was an exellent game.
but dark cloud 2 is better with so much more 2 do.im about 25 hours in 2 it and it just keeps gettin better and better.hell if u got the money get em both

Zephyr
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Definitley Dark Cloud 2 in my opinion. It is of better quality and has an overall good storyline. It will take a while so you wont get bored either. It is better than KOH having played on both games.:ghost:

Elazul
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:41 PM
I love both games, but if I had to pick one, which you are making me do, I'd go with Kingdom Hearts.

Chaos
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:44 AM
AHG!

Chaos
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:54 AM
those are the some of the worst games for PS2 ever!

get Xenosaga or .Hack part 1 or .Hack part 2!!

i highly reccomend those!

~*Chaos*~

kupoartist
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:26 PM
ack! zephyr and stuartb... you've both hurt my puny little mind! : you're locations say "uk", yet Dark Cloud 2 isn't released in europe until september, is it? did you guys import, or are you talking about the first Dark Cloud?

and kingdom hearts is repeatative as well. *am still yet to buy a ps2 game i actually like that much...*

Zephyr
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Well i sometimes import games (legit of course) like I did with dark cloud 2 and substance. Dont worry I wouldnt trick you. Importing is expensiove though so I dont really reccomend it unless you really want to do it.

goodman
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:31 PM
There has been some ps2 games ive liked a fair amount, and Dark Cloud was a fairly good game. Ive heard and read enough about the two games that i think DC2 would be my choice because it has the potential of being the best rpg for the ps2 yet, aside from Xenosaga which i found to be a very high quality game...

Zephyr
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Now then I probably didnt give both games a fair go before so ill give you my rating of both just to put you straight.

Dark Cloud 2
Gameplay: 9.0
Graphics: 7.5
Overall: 8.5

KOH
Gameplay: 7.2
Garphics: 6.6
Overall: 7.9

Basically my reasoning behind all this is because I just didnt find KOH appealing at all when I played on it. I easily became bored and did not wish to play it anymore. Having played the previous Dark Cloud, DC2 had a lot to become if it was going to be good and I think it really did from beginning to end. The overall quality and finish on the game is why it is my favourite choice. But anyways the final descision is down to you these are just my opinions. :)

kupoartist
Jun 7th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
Importing is expensiove though so I dont really reccomend it unless you really want to do it.
personnally, i'm only into importing games that i'll otherwise never have a chance of playing... I've been considering importing Xenosaga Episode 1 for a while now: what is your setup for imported games, and is there a way to mod a PS2 without having to open it up?

stuartb
Jun 7th, 2003, 08:20 AM
i have a chip 4 my station 2 therefore i can get the games dirt cheap.naughty i know,but some overseas games i just got 2 have.;)

Zephyr
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:00 PM
OK, I just wanna say my games are legit and I dont use a chip. I have a software CD that allows you to play imports form NTSC background.

kupoartist
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
OK, I just wanna say my games are legit and I dont use a chip. I have a software CD that allows you to play imports form NTSC background.
cool... where from? i've got somthing similar for my PS1, but I couldn't find anything that doesn't require modding of my PS2 to play imports...

Zephyr
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:28 PM
The software disc that allows to play imports is not legit. - I got it down at the market but Im suprised this technology isnt yet widely available for the PS2 by now?

blindman
Jun 8th, 2003, 07:49 AM
A friend of mine has DC one.
Dc2? what i've heard of it? is an amazing games, not the same said for KDH thought because i just simply dont like the idea of Disntey in a squaresoft game.
But at least they are both RPG with beautifulo art and amazing stories, but like i said, KDH should had not been with Disney. But i guess thats what makes the game anyway.

This is what i think KDH should had been:

Final Fantasy charactersa and Chrono characters in one game. Like Squall pitting off against Sephiroth, or maybe even Seifer pitting off against Kuja...wouldnt it be cool?
Or to finally see who is the better fighter despite the critics...Chrono or Serge.
It would really be amazing, and the Tifa we all love has some better physics redone, same with Rinoa and....well you see where im going. The game should had been something like that, to lets say...we get our completed collection of the best characters from the FF and Chrono series.

But thats just me, you dont have to agree.

Jubei
Jun 8th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Dark Cloud 1 was a serious let down, I'd advise going for Kingdom Harts. Hey its Squaresoft how can you go wrong? Answer is you cant, I've replyed it again after cclocking it, a mark of a good game :)

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Im sorry, Jubei but I just cannot agree with you there. I dont have enough time to go through my reasons all over gaain. But if you want to know check above on this page and see my reasons up there.

omni vengeance
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:43 PM
simple thing...i wouldnt get either of 'em.

Zephyr
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:33 PM
omni, do you actually have a reason why nobody should buy these games or are you just being coarse again? Anyways I just wanna say that i finished DC2 after some solid playing and I tell you it is great to restart again so it has a good recount.

dan da man
Jun 12th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by omni vengeance

simple thing...i wouldnt get either of 'em.

Must not be into the RPG style game then huh?

omni vengeance
Jun 15th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Well, actually I haven't played DC2 yet, so it might be pretty good. However, Kingdom Hearts was disappointing. I was expecting so much more from it that I almost bit through my lip. So, Dark Cloud 2 is the way to go.