PDA

View Full Version : Oh MY god... :mad:

Hero
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Looks like I won't have my date today.

I work at Blockbuster Video and they shafted me. I have to work from 6-10pm, and the girl can only go to the movies at 7:15. I'm screwed!

OH MY GOD!!!! DON'T EVER RENT FROM BLOCKBUSTER!!!

I called everyone to cover for me, people that I had covered for before, and they all said "Sorry I have plans" "Sorry this is the first Saturday I've had off in like forever"

mark0™
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:19 PM
May I Ask whats the meaning of this post?

Hero
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:20 PM
If you don't wanna be sympathetic or contributive, then don't throw salt on the wound.

Hero
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:36 PM
I guess I'll live, goodman. But I mean, this just really gets me, because I've been flirting/beating around the bush with this girl for a while, and finally it's arranged that she can actually have time to go out with me, and this happens.

I got screwed :frust:

trunks69420
Mar 15th, 2003, 06:04 PM
My friend... i have the same thing going on. I was planning on taking this girl to a disturbed concert on the 24th for about a month... Last week i got the news that they are switching me to nights where i work... 4:30pm till 3:30am!!! I AM SO PISSED OFF!! She was all mad at me for a while and then she made plans and we went out last night but thats besides the point... OUt of several women of late... i get the shaft as well. This one girl i have been trying to go out w/ forever and then plans get wrecked and i get pissed... Its a viscious circle and a downward spiral. My best advice is to make new plans as soon as possible and see what you can make happen. You got a friend in me as Sherriff Woody so greatly put it... If you ever need to talk bout shit like this im here for ya. Dont let the work get you down man... and if you like her enough you can wait a little more. Take it easy man.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 15th, 2003, 08:20 PM
Well man, welcome to the real world. Thats life....deal with it. If she really likes you she'll hang around for another day. And why would you get all mad and tell people to boycott Blockbuster? They EMPLOYED YOU!! Be grateful you have work man.

Pu the Owl
Mar 15th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Well Hero, it's really bad that you had to work instead of going out with that girl, but I agree on the fact that if she's really interested, she'll understand, and she'll be willing to go out with you in other occasions! So don't worry, and be satisfied, because after all you have a work!

merylsilverburg
Mar 15th, 2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

Well man, welcome to the real world. Thats life....deal with it. If she really likes you she'll hang around for another day. And why would you get all mad and tell people to boycott Blockbuster? They EMPLOYED YOU!! Be grateful you have work man.

I agree. Hero, I'm sorry that you weren't able to go on the date, but like goodman said, this is a good time to get to know the girl more using other methods. You encountered a setback in your plans, but everyone's plans are ruined one way or another. You just need to find another time to make a date and I'm sure that time will be much better than the one that was ruined. :)

ssjtrunks13
Mar 16th, 2003, 01:49 AM
I can't help you out like the others, but I can still say that it must suck that you couldn't go out on that date. I hope thigns still work out.:cool:

Redpyramidhead
Mar 16th, 2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

I totally agree with Sleazy here. Do you know how hard it is to get a job let alone one that'll keep you at your age these days? Get over it. Seriously. Things will pick up for you in due time.

_RED_ stuff

Hero
Mar 16th, 2003, 02:21 AM
You guys are completely misunderstanding. But that's alright, considering most people don't agree with situations like this. Bottom line, you guys don't know the full degree of what's going on in my life. Some people do and it bothers me that even though they know some of the tough things that are going on in my life they still tell me not to get bent out of shape about it.

All I'm gonna say is if you rated a person's life from a 1-10 by way of progress, a bum being 1, and the rich and famous being 10, I'd be at a 3 right now. This date could've raised my self view to a 5, but I find it ironic that every other day I have off, I don't have shit to do, but the days that they schedule me to work are the days when I DO have something to do.

This girl is a full time student, and she has classes Monday through Friday, so we can't go out on a Sunday or any weekday other than Friday. We do talk on the phone but that's besides the point, considering how you get to know someone, is completely different from one person to another. Some people prefer phone, some people prefer person because there's some things that are better said in person, to their opinion. One could argue that talking on the phone is just as sufficient as talking in person, but the point is, I believe being in person is better, and that's really the point.

The other problem is in the Work Ethic that goes on. I don't care what any of you say, but when a boss is partially nice to one employee and way nicer to another, that's favoritism and it should not be tolerated by any means.

Fox
Mar 16th, 2003, 02:27 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!
sucks to be you.:)

Hero
Mar 16th, 2003, 02:28 AM
I agree totally. Finally someone posts an honest thought.

Pu the Owl
Mar 16th, 2003, 07:49 AM
It's not that we are misunderstanding Hero. Things like this one happen everyday and anybody would be angry or disappointed, it's obvious. But saying, like Fox did, "it sucks to be you" is of any help? I don't think so. If you were expecting a comment like that one from any member of the forum, well this whole thread doesn't make sense. I think it really sucks when these things happen, but keeping on repeating to yourself that you're very unlucky or that you won't have other chances, this sucks even more than the fact of not being able to go out with the girl you like.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 16th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Hero

I agree totally. Finally someone posts an honest thought.
I thought I was being honest. Listen up ok? Life is rough, get used to it. There are a lot of times when work will interfere with fun times. Get over it, pull your thumb out of your mouth and be a man. Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but I remember a time when I couldn't find ANY job. I have no sympathy for someone crying over the fact that work "inconveniences" their schedule.

Rei
Mar 16th, 2003, 12:25 PM
The girl has her duties being a student, while you have your duties having a work. It's not that we can always be free and happy to be around with the people we like. It's the real world, like Sleazy said. You can be angry because you helped other persons in different occasions while nobody's there for you in this circumstance. That's the thing that sucks above all in this whole question IMO. I don't want to sound rude Hero, but that's how things go. You can get mad and kick people's asses in your mind, but this won't change a thing. You've learned an important lesson: always do favors to people you can trust.

fantasytiger
Mar 20th, 2003, 03:01 PM
first life is unfair my theroy is we are all in HELL surprize this is hell and we are trying to prove that we belong in heaven

Now chill hero

yeah it does suck your sistuation believe it or not most of us have been there quite a few times , but keep in mind other people have it worst then you. Hell my life is not a fairy tale I live in detroit for god sakes!!!! I have been thrown outta my house three times, my mom works her A$$ off, my dad acts like a jerk, one winter my gas and electricity was cut off i ended up heating water on a caroscene heater to take a bath and doing my homework by candle light. My cuzin right now is in the hospital my boyfriend just came outta the hospital i just lost my metal I was going to get in my rotc class just because i missed three days of practice to go see my love ones in the hospital. Everything i own was given to me by family and friends. To top it off I cna not find a job at all no transportation at all if the bus cannot get me there i am not going.

SO PLEASE STOP WHINNING YOU GOT A MOTOCYCLE AND A JOB!!!!

you probably got a nice place to live to i understand you wanted to go out with this girl but just because you could'nt is NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! no matter what you say. If i managed to hang on I am sure you can probably find a way to spend time with this girl so instead of sitting here complaining go start sceeming and come up with a way to see her

ohhhh and I hope it works out GOOD LUCK