PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Hunter D...

trunks69420
Feb 25th, 2002, 01:42 PM
I just saw Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust for the first time.
I know there is the original, but is there any other movies in this series? I love vampires and stuff like that, and i thought that this was a kick ass movie.

x157anz
Feb 25th, 2002, 01:57 PM
RAH! im sure i have heard of that film before. Did you see it on sky or dvd or summat ?! :ghost:

trunks69420
Feb 25th, 2002, 02:20 PM
I know its on DVD, but i rented it at Hollywood Video, The store where i work. You can probably find it on the net, but i dont know where.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 25th, 2002, 05:16 PM
I've never seen it before, but I really want to. It's one of the only animes that is actually available in one of the video stores by me and I can walk there in less than seven minutes. But every time I go there, it's rented out. I've tried like twenty times already, and still no luck. And the owner of the store says that they wont have more anime there because it doesn't sell as well, which is bull crap because all that they do have is always out, because everyone here seems to love anime.

merylsilverburg
Feb 25th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Ah...Vampire Hunter D...well, I thought the movie was okay, but the original is SO much better to me. That is a classic! No, there isn't any more movies on this series. This anime was created from a novel, so it really wasn't supposed to be a whole long series, though it seems like it could. The game they made for Vampire Hunter D sucked; I was disappointed. :( But, if you like vampire anime, I have a few to name (some are comical, some are drama, some are okay....) Vampire Princess Miyu TV Series, Vampire Princess Miyu OVA, Master of Mosquiton OVA, Nightwalker, and Hellsing. I haven't seen Hellsing yet, but you can only get it fansubbed, since no one licensed it yet. I heard, however, that it is a VERY good vampire anime. A group of vampires is taking over the human race in England, so there is a group called Hellsing designed to take care of the problem. The main character is named Alucard and he has a sidekick who is a police cop(?). Nightwalker is a slight drama, the main character is a vampire, but he doesn't want to make anyone else just like him, so he is a detective who hunts vampires. Master of Mosquiton OVA is a comical anime, which takes place in the 1940's and it involves Inaho who is human, and Mosquiton, who is a vampire, but he obeys what Inaho tells him to do. And Vampire Princess Miyu really isn't totally a vampire anime, but Miyu is a vampire but there isn't that many vampire elements in the OVA or TV Series. She basically drinks blood to keep her alive. Let me tell you now, that these are just the basics and I really SUCK in summarizing, so if they don't sound too cool, I'm sorry! For me, these animes were really good, except for Hellsing, 'cause I still gotta see that. Please don't let my horrible summaries make you not want to see these.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 05:46 PM
There was also a game baised on vampire hunter D

Reid
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Another really good anime vampire flick is Blood : The Last Vampire.
It's a really short movie (50 minutes) but the animation is very nice look (best looking CG I've ever seen used in anime) and the action is also very nice.

I think it could possibly be part of an OVA series because there is more of it out besides "The Last Vampire".

Anyway . . .
:heh:
in summary, check it out!

merylsilverburg
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Oh yeah! I knew there was one more vampire anime I forgot! Arigatou, Reid-san! :happy: I've never seen it, so maybe that's why I forgot....nah, I just got a bad memory. :D

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Reid
Another really good anime vampire flick is Blood : The Last Vampire.
It's a really short movie (50 minutes) but the animation is very nice look (best looking CG I've ever seen used in anime) and the action is also very nice.

I think it could possibly be part of an OVA series because there is more of it out besides "The Last Vampire".

Anyway . . .
:heh:
in summary, check it out!

Is that one better than vampire hunter D?

trunks69420
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:59 PM
Meryl, Thanx a lot for the advice. W/ all the suggestions, i am going to talk to my boss and get our anime section of the store updated. I work in a Video store, and i have a significant amount of clout there so it will happen!!

merylsilverburg
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:47 PM
No prob. By the way, that's cool how you work in a video store. You get to see all the new releases of the anime and stuff. :D

Urahara Kisuke
Dec 3rd, 2004, 02:43 PM
I just saw Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust for the first time.
I know there is the original, but is there any other movies in this series? I love vampires and stuff like that, and i thought that this was a kick ass movie.

Vampire Hunter D was pretty good. I just saw it a little while ago when I got some free channels on satellite. It is very cool.